It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Released - Gardena (Los Angeles) Police Shoot Unarmed Man (Raw Video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
It's simple....If you want to live don't talk or move when confonted by American police. Parents unfortunately NEED to instill that into today's youth. You can't get cocky to someone overworked with a gun. The police didn't give him the opportunity to boast to friends afterwards.

Also it looked like only 1 shot, so why is everyone demonising both the cops. More than likely the other cop was just as disgusted by his colleagues actions.

Too many innocent kids being shot trying to achieve perceived coolness. Lucky they knew the camera was on otherwise the other 2 witnesses may not be alive today

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues
What's really bad is that this was over a STOLEN BIKE!
Not only that, these guys that got shot were the victims of the robbery, not the perpetrators.
They were looking for the stolen bike.
The cops say it was justified because they COULD NOT SEE HIS RIGHT HAND and FEARED HE HAD A WEAPON.

How are these animals able to shoot a whole clip into someone because they cant see his hand?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Moral: Stay as far away from the police as possible. (Minimum distance is the distance a bullet from their hand gun will travel when fired level to ground)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Now that's a disappointing video, because I agree with a few of the people on here that, from what the video shows and the reason why they were stopped (bicycle theft), there doesn't seem as there should have been a reason for weapons to be drawn. But, of course, we don't know what happened up until the video starts, so there's always that question as to why weapons were drawn.

But, regardless, this seems tragic. I couldn't see a reason to fire, and I generally try to look at it from the officers' perspectives. Yes, he removed his hat and kept putting his hands at his waist, but they could see really clearly from where they stood...it was apparent to me that he had nothing, and the other two were not acting in a threatening manner at all, so it doesn't seem as though tensions were heightened by anything the other guys were doing.

Could the cops have really feared for their lives? Sure, any LEO in that position has that concern, and I don't think if there's a known history of violent crime with this fella that they knew about--even just the repeated reaching for the waistband area is a valid concern. I'm betting that the LEOs weren't fired because, even though this seems like an unnecessary killing, it doesn't seem as if it was done with complete malice.

Although, once LEOs cause a city to pay out multiple millions of dollars because they wrongfully took the life of a human being, I think it's time to let them go at this point, if they haven't already.

Sad instance...very sad.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

That was murder, plain and simple.
Those officers shooting should now be serving a life term.

America, you are one seriously f-ed up country

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
It's simple....If you want to live don't talk or move when confonted by American police. Parents unfortunately NEED to instill that into today's youth. You can't get cocky to someone overworked with a gun. The police didn't give him the opportunity to boast to friends afterwards.

Here's a better idea.
How about holding police officers to account when they murder an innocent person?
How about overhauling the police across the country to make sure they understand that EVERY SINGLE PERSON they encounter is innocent until proven otherwise?
How about making sure that EVERY COP employed knows that their job is to prevent crime, investigate those SUSPECTED of committing a crime, and delivering those SUSPECTED of committing a crime to the court system?

Also it looked like only 1 shot, so why is everyone demonising both the cops. More than likely the other cop was just as disgusted by his colleagues actions.

If a police officer refuses to act to protect a member of the public, even from the actions of their own colleague, then they are guilty too.

Too many innocent kids being shot trying to achieve perceived coolness. Lucky they knew the camera was on otherwise the other 2 witnesses may not be alive today

And it still didn't prevent those two cops from murdering a man in the street, a man who was clearly not a threat to anyone, and a man who was clearly not functioning with a proper physical state (for reasons unknown to them at that time).

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

That's the saddest part (it being about a stolen bicycle, and these were victims). It appears that it was FAR more important to the LEOs that these kids comply with their orders, and stop posing a massive threat [?] than it was to actually find out who they were, what they were doing etc.

That's not policing. That's being a bully. Pure and simple.
Not one of them stepped forward to say, "Hey guys. What's going on here?" That's what police do.
This is one of the reasons why these (uncharged officers) will never make detective.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If I got 4.7 mil because cops murdered one of my family members, the first thing I would buy would be hefty life insurance policies on the cops involved. I would expect that guilty feelings would cause them to commit suicide while I happened to be on a Bahamas cruise with lots of witnesses.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oh my god, i feel sick watching this.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Badgered1

Will never make detective..are you f'n serious..these f'n pigs and thats what they are should be in prison for shooting the victims..I have personaly seen simular bull#. And guess what..this kind of crap is here to stay because anyone not wearing the uniform is a supposed threat, Im going to stop now.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I think many do not feel any guilt..like goddamn robots.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
What's really bad is that this was over a STOLEN BIKE!
Not only that, these guys that got shot were the victims of the robbery, not the perpetrators.
They were looking for the stolen bike.
The cops say it was justified because they COULD NOT SEE HIS RIGHT HAND and FEARED HE HAD A WEAPON.

How are these animals able to shoot a whole clip into someone because they cant see his hand?

"I feared for my life.."
"I feared..."
"we couldnt see his one hand and feared for our lives"

Here's an idea. If you are so scared over nothing...dont be a policeman.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013
Your solution costs millions...my solution costs nothing. Can't be held accountable when the law promotes loopholes to protect LEO'S .

Are you genuinely saying the police officer (from what I could see in the video) who did not open fire is just as guilty?. Is that an emotional response or a genuine rationale? In what way did he refuse? Bit unfair for him to go to prison based on someone else's actions no? If he crashed a car is his partner equally responsible? I feel I have to ask these simple questions for you to realise the point you just put across. I don't take the response seriously as it does look like a emotionally motivated response, on the assumption I am American.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

Will never make detective..are you f'n serious..these f'n pigs and thats what they are should be in prison for shooting the victims..I have personaly seen simular bull#. And guess what..this kind of crap is here to stay because anyone not wearing the uniform is a supposed threat, Im going to stop now.

I think, sir/madam, that were you to re-read my posting you will note my inference is that the LEOs lack any real intelligence.
I'm just as outraged as the next man/woman.
There is little actual "policing" going on. Unless policing is just simply upholding policy, in which case there's a lot of it going on.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Fair point but I'm assuming they suspected them of stealing a bike, hence the gun drawn. If you believe they have stolen it, a gun is the most likely way to stop them from just running off and starting a pursuit that could cost alot of money, with other officers being dispatched. Problem is once you take this approach any unforeseen variable could lead to the gun being prematurely fired . ( taking off hat when told to remain still). A common theme in nearly all these unarmed shootings is the victim makes sudden movements, uncharacteristic of people that don't have weapons/pose a threat. He displayed actions of someone in distress and lacked conformity to the orders of the officer. These compounding variables all led to this child's death.

Moral of the story, remain still and no cocky answers. You're friends won't find it amusing if you are dead.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
bad shoot. This cop should not be a cop. That was murder. Poor kid was drunk and his arms were tired. He probably really just wanted to sit down. Sad that someone lost their life over something so preventable. Better training, or perhaps a mistake in HR to hire this clown.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

These police shootings and beatings are really getting outrageous!!! So the officer who really just murdered this guy is free to walk because the city bailed him out for 4.7 million dollars? Now everyone knows why cities across this country have to keep on raising taxes, just to bail out police officers who murder in cold blood. The city of Baltimore just did the same thing.

Crazy part is that bail out comes from the tax payers pockets. The fact that the police department tried ot hide this footage speaks volumes. If they would have kept it sealed and nobody was there to film it nobody would even know it happened.

The guy who took off his hat had a few drinks and was trying to explain to the officers that he was the guy who called for the police to help him find his brothers bike. They asked a security guard in the area after the bike went missing to call the cops. This ends up getting him killed by calling for help as a victim not even the perp.

I am surprised this is not on the front page of ATS because this is plain cold blooded murder and all the officers walked away free. If you have ever been in a similar situation with several cops pointing guns at you, bright lights and 3 different officers barking different orders at you it can be a very confusing/scary situation. I have been in a similar situation for "looking like the suspects" and its hard to listen to different cops giving different orders. Some say lay down, some say hands behind your head and others say turn around.

I live nearby where this happened and I can tell you a lot of my friends growing up know the rules are "if you get stopped in a car no matter the reason hands up on the roof of the car and dont move because you dont want to get shot". Its sad that many have to live in fear this way and trample on their constitutional rights but its the way this country is heading year after year.

I am surprised this isnt making rounds on the MSM networks either, so far its mostly in the local news sections.

Another article on the LA times
LA Times Gardena Shooting
edit on 15-7-2015 by unfor54k3n because: link fix

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
No sound, but my guess is the victim was told to remove his hat.
Once off, he didn't know what to do with it, dropped his hands, and got shot.

Never once did it appear he was going for a weapon.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

WTF!?

I dunno what else to say!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Do you mean like the mysterious banker suicides,i am sure these guys would be so upset they would shoot themselves in the head several times with a nail gun....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join