It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Released - Gardena (Los Angeles) Police Shoot Unarmed Man (Raw Video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
LOS ANGELES --

A federal judge ordered a suburban Los Angeles city on Tuesday to release video of police fatally shooting an unarmed man two years ago.

The public should be able to see what led the city of Gardena to pay $4.7 million to settle a lawsuit with the family of the dead man and another man wounded in the shooting, Judge Stephen V. Wilson said.

Lawyers for Diaz-Zeferino (victim) said the investigation into the shooting was tainted because officers were able to review the videos before giving statements, a courtesy not offered to a member of the public involved in a shooting.

The victim was simply drunk.

The officers were not charged.

abc7.com...

edit on 15-7-2015 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Wow...

The article doesn't say what the fate of the officers that shot was, do you have any information on that?

I mean if the city agreed to pay out 4.7 mil, I don't see how they could be on the force still.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Sremmos80

OP Updated.

From what I've gathered the Associated Press had to sue or at least threaten law suit to get the video released... unbelievable.
edit on 15-7-2015 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Murder.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
The fact the cops even had there guns out in the first place is just disgraceful!

Aiming your gun at a suspect should be an absolute last resort for the cops. At no point did any of the suspects pull a weapon or even attempt to attack the police.

No offence dudes, but as unpopular as this statements going to be, the US gun culture just does my head in... on both sides.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
He dropped his hands...

By Cops modern standards that's a good shooting.

Pathetic.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
it looks like the cop negligently discharges and the other cops responded by opening up too.

why were the cops so sketched out about approaching some drunk guys on bicycles? why were their guns drawn in the first place.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The public needs to see how cold blooded this murder was. If it's not known, more of these cases will be accepted and continue.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

By Cops modern standards that's a good shooting.

That is the sad part, seem this is what they are trained to do...

The damn book needs a rewrite.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

These police shootings and beatings are really getting outrageous!!! So the officer who really just murdered this guy is free to walk because the city bailed him out for 4.7 million dollars? Now everyone knows why cities across this country have to keep on raising taxes, just to bail out police officers who murder in cold blood. The city of Baltimore just did the same thing.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19572178]Sremmos80[ on viewing the first angle there could be a case made for an unlawful shooting....

However, if you CLOSELY watch the second angle you will notice this is actually just a cold blooded murder !

Seriously WTF?

I'm the first one to defend the police, but this is why "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants".

Streetside execution for removing your hat? and you still have a job?

Try that working at Wal-Mart.

We cannot trust the Police to Police themselves, that's like letting Crips and Bloods investigate drive-bys.
edit on 15-7-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I don't hate cops, I hate when cops kill people.

Big difference.

But not sure what that has to do with the topic...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Just another avergae day in America.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind about this shooting at all.

Sick!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I guess I'll add removing my hat to my list of things not to do in front of cops.

The list is already so long though...

Surprised there are no charges?

They are above charges. And if they aren't they will make up charges against you.
edit on 15-7-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It is crazy. Just think there must be literal tens of thousands of videos where police immediately draw guns unlawfully on un hostile citizens..

Lately we are getting to see the end result of US Police procedure..it is scary. This video here. People worry about JH15 give me a break our soldiers are not cold blooded, barely trained, killers as many officers are seen to be.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
del
edit on 15-7-2015 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

If a cop draws and fires to defend his life he is heroic.

If a civilian draws and fires to defend themselves.. They must prove in a court of law how and why they were trying to defend themselves.

Do you see the disconnect?

The hypocrisy of holding those accountable from one group while asking for no accountability from the other.

And all the while we're just arguing amongst ourselves.
edit on 15-7-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I'm disgusted.
Those 2 murdering pigs walking around free??
After doing that?
I'd be getting as far away from country like that as I could... Surely that footage would count as evidence toward an asylum claim in the country of your choice?
.....wow. Go USA!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Talk about trigger happy...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join