It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elephant in The Room - The Culture of Minority Violence

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Thank you for fixing the spin/ratio perspective, that's why I like ATS.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Lol okay. I won't attack you sir. I'll just show you how a REAL pro-black person behaves.

a reply to: RoScoLaz4

I think that you are right but the reality is much harsher. From my experience, Black people who are mostly Christian, have a high propensity for forgiveness. We forgive over and over again, everybody but our own (because of the self-hatred that has been bred into our culture). I think forgiveness on our side is not the problem.

And hammanderr, its not just white people's fault (which there is clear evidence to show), its that every attempt at progression is infiltrated by like-minded people, whether white or black or something else. I think that maybe white society, instead of sneering at the people who's backs they are standing on, should accept responsibility for their misdeeds. That would show a truly civilized society. When Johnny Cochran tried to figure out how much money black people are owed (40 acres + "a mule" + interest) he was killed.

I might start to make some threads about it but I know that this forum no longer supports the type of people who can advance intellectualism. I can tell by the stars and FLAGS lol

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You have the privilege of knowing precisely who you are and exactly what you are worth because you have had to work to earn everything you have.

Compared to many in the minority world, that IS a privilege. They've been kept down by a class of people whose job it is to tell them they can't, they're worthless, they're never going anywhere, and then hand them a monthly allowance that's just enough to keep them comfortably miserable.

Now, you and I are not that class of people. In fact, that class of people isn't exclusively white even. Some of their own people are part of it, and even they, themselves, are complicit to a degree because it's easier to remain ignorant and kept, even if it's in misery, than it is to work hard like you and I have had to.

But make no mistake -- It's a very real trap, and it's generational. Oh, and it isn't even exclusively minority. There are whites caught in it too.

edit on 15-7-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoonBlossom

For every person who has themselves escaped poverty, they have had something of a support system that aided them along the way (in even just one of the areas mentioned above, or a single person or lucky break), whether they choose to see it or not. Most are not so fortunate, however, and thus we are where we are, societally.

That is absolute Horsecrap! I was raised poor made poor choices and lived on the street when I was 15. I had no invisible 'angel' helper and I could very well have ended up in the criminal justice system. Instead, I (ME, MYSELF AND I) joined the military (no where else to go) and did well until I was injured and medically retired. I then chose to start at the bottom again and worked my way up the ladder in a different country where racial prejudice was the norm against people like me. I worked hard and fought ulcers until I succeeded. I have never gotten a handout from anyone and think it is a cop-out and an insult to tell white people that they have some unknown assistance.

It is simple; I worked hard and reaped the benefits.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Nobody wants to touch this issue with a 10 foot pole.

Ever.

More than 200 years of being told you're less than. Economically subjugated, outright subjugated under chattel slavery but the ongoing generational poverty has been a result of racism and....AND the culture within poor black communities in reaction to being segregated from mainstream society for so long.

I personally think "thug culture" or what have you is in part due to the racist labeling that had gone on for so long. Lemert's labeling theory or "secondary deviance" shines some light on what's going on.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Add the fact generational poverty also minimizes education opportunities and prevents generational wealth accumulation which adds to negative culture manifesting from a foundation of poverty.

Of course the racists will say black people are genetically inferior whilst ignoring the real forces that have been tugging and pulling on "the black community" for hundreds of years. As if the civil rights movement in the 1960's was the end of this struggle, as if al the lingering problems don't exist.

Of course, the black community itself had to work hard to end the negative things we see in poor neighborhoods across the country but this can't happen in a vacuum. We need better education in poor neighborhoods. We need other groups to stop racial discrimination at the workplace. Jobs are needed, living wage jobs that take away the drug trade and robberies. Culturally, Americans need to demand positive media in lieu of always portraying black people in a negative light, as happened up until the late 1990's.

We need to see more positive music, more
Positive films etc. Madsive education reform and actual real opportunity to get living wage jobs out of high school if one can't afford college.

There's too much to list. In short, white people have a hand in all this. Black people also need to change the more negative aspects of "black culture". This can't happen in a sea of white racism.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: prepared4truth

Are you a slave?

Why are you owed money if you aren't or never were one?

Don't bring up the Japanese. They actually were the internees.

And if we start paying reparations as you claim we should, at what percentage do we stop saying a person is owed? You are aware that just about every American, white and black alike, has African DNA. So where do you draw the line? And what about those who came after slavery ended? Are they similarly owed? Why or why not?

What about Native Americans? What about Native Americans whose ancestors were slaves?

Which Americans pay? White ones? What about white Americans who came after slavery ended? How do you divide the percentage of an American who should make payment? See you can't use tax money because then you would be using black American money to help pay black Americans for reparations.

You see, this is a very sticky issue, and I don't think there is any way to sort it out.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

It a undisputed fact that some races are superior to others

I cannot believe you typed that. It is not just inaccurate, it is one of the most evil things to type.I don't like that, not even one little bit.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrakeINFERNO
Look at how violent Africa is.

H ere in the US we just use drone strikes, we don't have to run all over the countryside with rifles on pick up trucks....oh wait.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We won't even get into the fact that Africans were complicit in selling slaves. So again, is it just the US that owes reparations or do we go all the way back to the motherland where opposing tribes frequently sold off slaves to the slave traders? In this reparation calculation, do we stop at 1776 for what the US owes and then go after Great Britain for the previous 169 years? After all, the US technically didn't actually exist up until that point.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I cannot believe you typed that. It is not just inaccurate, it is one of the most evil things to type.I don't like that, not even one little bit.

You are putting words into my mouth, I never said what races are superior, you dont know me at all, im one of the few people who have put there job, pension and future to fight that all people are the same, a member of my family was murdered doing the same thing, but you know me best. Humans are equal, cultures are different. I also wrote "May i suggest some thing to every one. With all threads and especially "delicate " threads like this one. Please take your time to read and understand what some one writes, not just read part of the text then start shooting back. I know that peoples experience and feeling often "shade" how they understand what they read."
edit on 15-7-2015 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: ketsuko

We won't even get into the fact that Africans were complicit in selling slaves. So again, is it just the US that owes reparations or do we go all the way back to the motherland where opposing tribes frequently sold off slaves to the slave traders? In this reparation calculation, do we stop at 1776 for what the US owes and then go after Great Britain for the previous 169 years? After all, the US technically didn't actually exist up until that point.

I don't think we're going that far back because someone had to bring the slaves here. Then it became an American problem.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You are putting words into my mouth, I never said what races are superior, you dont know me at all, im one of the few people who have put there job, pension and future to fight that all people are the same, a member of my family was murdered doing the same thing, but you know me best. Humans are equal, cultures are different.

originally posted by:
imod02

That is what you typed. Apparently it is not undisputed in any way, shape or form. Only racists believe that.

So, now it is some cultures are superior to others? You are not doing much better.

edit on 15-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You are putting words into my mouth, I never said what races are superior, you dont know me at all, im one of the few people who have put there job, pension and future to fight that all people are the same, a member of my family was murdered doing the same thing, but you know me best. Humans are equal, cultures are different.

originally posted by:
imod02

That is what you typed. Apparently it is not undisputed in any way, shape or form. Only racists believe that.

So, now it is some cultures are superior to others? You are not doing much better.

Have a very nice evening.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Quite a few of us here on ATS. And it's threads like this that leave me scratching my head.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: WUNK22

What the heck is White privilege?

I have been white all my life and I have had absolutely no privileges what so ever.

More things are handed to blacks and Hispanics than whites.

You must be mistaken and you must have meant Ethnic Privilege or minority Privilege because for the last 50 years they are the ones who have had things handed to the on a silver platter.

You should look it up if you don't know what the heck it is.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IpoopThere4IAM
Racism by definition is the opinion that one race / culture is superior / inferior to another.

Unfortunately, certain races / cultures are superior / inferior to others. This is a fact.

Political correctness has destroyed basic common sense. Some people are more civilized than others.

This is not a fact. I can't believe yet another person has typed this on here.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Wow, someone put out a lot of work, doesn't really prove anything beyond a well known truth of large #s.

We'll break it down w/o a lot of zeroes for it to make sense (and to call out the closet racists).

Say there is a population of 50 people, 10% of that population is Group X (5 people for the slow). 1 of person in Group X goes on a crime spree and commits 10 crimes against other humans (no repeat victims).

The majority of that 1 person's victims are not of its group because of the law of #s.

Did brains fall out of the right wing or something?

Derek

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Watched the movie 42 about Jackie Robinson, it really got me angry that one black man in MLB had to behave because there would be people out there who would use that one man to label the entire black population.

It's sad to see those days are still not over.

To use the few idiots as judgement for an entire race is ignorant plain and simple.
edit on 15-7-2015 by krosnos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Viesczy

Speaking of brains falling out.

Have you not seen the statistics on black on black crime?

I guess that doesn't matter tho right, even though that would fall under the criteria for ethnic crime

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Until the excuses stop and blame is placed everywhere except on the ones committing these crimes this trend will continue.

We see all the favorite excuses to deflect blame in this thread. My personal favorite is poverty. There are multiples of more whites living in poverty than blacks so take that excuse and shove it.

Accountability and personal responsibility it what is needed and severely lacking in this community with ridiculously high crime rates.
edit on 15-7-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join