It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elephant in The Room - The Culture of Minority Violence

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Look at how violent Africa is.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
if poverty creates crime Appalachia would be infested with crime. Most of the US would have been overrun by criminals in the 1930s. social structure/values prevent from happening.

I live in Appalachia, a poor part of it by their standards even. The town I live in has double the national average in every crime statistic. In certain crime statistics it is well above double.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
The determination of who is a superior race, if such a determination is viable, should be based on a holistic and integral judgment of the human being: not any one sided judgment base on who is the richest, and most powerful at the present moment( since clearly such are abusing said power to the extreme detriment to the whole of the race) until we see how the modern civilization turns out judgement should be aptly suspended...

As of now most people think the modern civilization is headed for a great big crash and burn

Why does racial supremacy matter? If you're the superior race shouldn't you be setting an example for others rather than exploiting them for your own gain?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It's a poor/economic issue, of all the whites incarcerated most come from poor socio-economic backgrounds, and there are many more poor blacks and hispanics than whites. It's not about race but socio-economic environment.
Many turn to a life of crime when they see the American dream left them in the dust.
And it's a cycle that is hard to break, some do break out, usually athletes and entertainers.
Academic and then secular break outs are even rarer.
It's really sad.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just sitting here wondering, have been wondering this for a while, I wonder how many minorities post on ATS, we have all these discussions and opinions on the issues, but how many minorities are in on these conversations?

I think it is predominately male too.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

If you aren't racist then why are you so careful about your words? Does it matter to you that I think you are a racist even when you "know" that you are not?

Peace

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

It a undisputed fact that some races are superior to others...

Proof please.

As much as you want it to be otherwise, saying something over and over and over again just because you really, really want it to be true is not proof. Any reasonably minded person is going to blow you off as an idiot until you can come up with some facts to back up such an contentious assertion.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
www.theroot.com...

Fact: Most poor people in the United States are white.

According to Census figures in 2013, 18.9 million whites are poor. That’s 8 million more poor white people than poor black people, and more than 5 million more than those who identify as Latino. A majority of those benefiting from programs like food stamps and Medicaid are white, too.

But somehow our picture of poverty is different, and the media tends to tell us a different story. A recent New York Times story, “Cut in Food Stamps Forces Hard Choices on Poor,” included only pictures of African Americans and Latinos from the Bronx, N.Y., and a number of Southern states. In October, the Times published another story about the impact of states’ rejection of the Medicaid expansion that’s part of the Affordable Care Act.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: works4dhs
if poverty creates crime Appalachia would be infested with crime. Most of the US would have been overrun by criminals in the 1930s. social structure/values prevent from happening.

I live in Appalachia, a poor part of it by their standards even. The town I live in has double the national average in every crime statistic. In certain crime statistics it is well above double.

It has everything to do with education and having a decent job. People need to feel self-worth.

If the USA invested even 1/8 of the money they spend per year in the defense budget, and reallocated it to a better educational system this country would have a lot less crime, and more productive people.

Beside incarceration is big business, and keeping them them is about 75k per head. Do the numbers?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The wise man would say “speak it”

"I'm trying to get a loan for this nice house I saw for sale"

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Oh yeah there sure is institutionalized racism.

Hell look how many ILLEGALS are running around free.

Compared to AA's sitting in prison.

That people is the elephant in the room.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
This thread is very constructive, but its slipping in to a pissing match, sad but it always seems to happen.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: Blue_Jay33
www.theroot.com...

Fact: Most poor people in the United States are white.

According to Census figures in 2013, 18.9 million whites are poor. That’s 8 million more poor white people than poor black people, and more than 5 million more than those who identify as Latino. A majority of those benefiting from programs like food stamps and Medicaid are white, too.

But somehow our picture of poverty is different, and the media tends to tell us a different story. A recent New York Times story, “Cut in Food Stamps Forces Hard Choices on Poor,” included only pictures of African Americans and Latinos from the Bronx, N.Y., and a number of Southern states. In October, the Times published another story about the impact of states’ rejection of the Medicaid expansion that’s part of the Affordable Care Act.

The author of this "fact" doesn't understand basic population ratios. While it is true that there may be more whites in poverty than blacks, it is because whites make up damn near 70% of the population while blacks are just 13% or so. When you normalize for population you have a much different picture. A much larger percentage of blacks are in poverty than whites even though the raw numbers may be the same.

Put another way, if 5 out 10 blacks are in poverty versus 7 out of 50 whites, who is worse off? The white population or the black population? 7 is more than 5 right? See how stupid that "Fact" is...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If your going to blame minorities for most crime than be fair and post the stats for mass shooters, child molesters..etc.

But you won't because this is a minorities are bad thread.

I have seen people post those stats and people tired of getting called racist because of stats are the same ones who scream "you just hate white people" because you dared to show that majority of sex crimes are white from white males and that included against children.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

How about affirmative action?

Blacks represent a minority population, but seem to be getting handouts/jobs over other minority groups.

Is that fair?

Why aren't Asians or Latinos given the same handouts?

Why don't Asians or Latinos have a hard time associating with white people?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

originally posted by: Glacier

a reply to: IpoopThere4IAM

Unfortunately, certain races / cultures are superior / inferior to others. This is a fact.

Lets look into this statement a bit more...

Which races are superior and why? (this question is addressed to all members)

I would prefer factual proof but also welcome anyone's opinion.

Good question. From what moral position was it stated? That is a whole other ants nest.

Please forgive me but I am unsure whether or not I understand your question.

What moral position was it stated?

If my understanding of your question is correct then the reason I asked this question was because that person claimed certain races are superior to others without elaborating. He got a lot of stars for saying this so I am assuming many people agree so we have quite a few racists reading this thread.

I would love for those who agree with that statement to say which races are superior and for what reason but most racists are cowards and hide behind the anti PC movement but only use it when it is convenient for them.

I just want them to tell us how they really feel.

After all, all this PC is bs right?

(rhetorical question not addressed towards you)

I am agreeing with your position not theirs. Can say you celebrate ill gotten things then ridicule others for it for eg.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Quite a few of us here on ATS. And it's threads like this that leave me scratching my head.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

I think it's pretty safe to say that if you believe a race to be superior to another race then you are racist. Someone made this statement and many people agreed with it by giving them stars.

PC or not this is racism and it is rampant in this thread.

Just my 2 cents at least...

Let it be known that I do acknowledge that the media and it's puppet masters are definitely for the most part ignoring minority on white crime but will milk the heck out of a white on minority crime story.

I am not blind.

There's an obvious agenda at play here IMO

It a undisputed fact that some races are superior to others, what we have to ask is why, just by saying its raciest is running away from the problem. We should face up to the fact, find out why, and see if it can be corrected. For example many country's that are tec inferior to the west see them selfs as superior morely to the west and dont wish to take the steps to catch up. So we must be very careful to respect want people want and not stuff our so called "superiority" down every ones neck

I think you mean cultures not races but then that is another discussion on cultural relativity. All cultures view theirs as superior to another. Normal to you is not to another

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
May i suggest some thing to every one. With all threads and especially "delicate " threads like this one. Please take your time to read and understand what some one writes, not just read part of the text then start shooting back. I know that peoples experience and feeling often "shade" how they understand what they read.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Difference with you is that you acknowledged the past so that you can move forward vs those that run from it but say lets move on vs lets move forward. I actually think its hard for many to acknowledge it because they'd have to go home to their parents/grandparents and look at them and ask hard questions.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join