It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elephant in The Room - The Culture of Minority Violence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Glacier

originally posted by: real_one
a reply to: IpoopThere4IAM

Unfortunately, certain races / cultures are superior / inferior to others. This is a fact.

Lets look into this statement a bit more...

Which races are superior and why? (this question is addressed to all members)

I would prefer factual proof but also welcome anyone's opinion.

Good question. From what moral position was it stated? That is a whole other ants nest.

Please forgive me but I am unsure whether or not I understand your question.

What moral position was it stated?

If my understanding of your question is correct then the reason I asked this question was because that person claimed certain races are superior to others without elaborating. He got a lot of stars for saying this so I am assuming many people agree so we have quite a few racists reading this thread.

I would love for those who agree with that statement to say which races are superior and for what reason but most racists are cowards and hide behind the anti PC movement but only use it when it is convenient for them.

I just want them to tell us how they really feel.

After all, all this PC is bs right?

(rhetorical question not addressed towards you)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think it's pretty safe to say that if you believe a race to be superior to another race then you are racist. Someone made this statement and many people agreed with it by giving them stars.

PC or not this is racism and it is rampant in this thread.

Just my 2 cents at least...

Let it be known that I do acknowledge that the media and it's puppet masters are definitely for the most part ignoring minority on white crime but will milk the heck out of a white on minority crime story.

I am not blind.

There's an obvious agenda at play here IMO

edit on 15-7-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
if poverty creates crime Appalachia would be infested with crime. Most of the US would have been overrun by criminals in the 1930s. social structure/values prevent from happening.

the meth heads in the hills are no better than the urban thugs, there just aren't that many of them, and they aren't concentrated. I see multigenerational failure there, at least in some families. (anyone remember James Earl Ray? low-level crime family.)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
So what is the conclusion here: THE REAL BIG FAT ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM:

Minority people are inclined to crime naturally?

edit on 15-7-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I think it's pretty safe to say that if you believe a race to be superior to another race then you are racist. Someone made this statement and many people agreed with it by giving them stars.

Let it be known that I do acknowledge that the media and it's puppet masters are definitely for the most part ignoring minority on white crime but will milk the heck out of a white on minority crime story.

I am not blind.

It a undisputed fact that some races are superior to others, what we have to ask is why, just by saying its raciest is running away from the problem. We should face up to the fact, find out why, and see if it can be corrected. For example many country's that are tec inferior to the west see them selfs as superior morely to the west and dont wish to take the steps to catch up. So we must be very careful to respect want people want and not stuff our so called "superiority" down every ones neck

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02

I am not blind.

It a undisputed fact that some races are superior to others, what we have to ask is why, just by saying its raciest is running away from the problem. We should face up to the fact, find out why, and see if it can be corrected. For example many country's that are tec inferior to the west see them selfs as superior morely to the west and dont wish to take the steps to catch up. So we must be very careful to respect want people want and not stuff our so called "superiority" down every ones neck

That’s NOT a scientific fact that some races are superior to others.

What’s your criteria for this statement.

Some people do better on tests

Some people make better iphones

Are great technologists

Get higher academic scores in school.

ALL those things are cultural based

And if you think technology and academics is the criteria and not other human traits then all those superior people when they exterminate the world with a nuclear bomb can be at the top of your "superior list" even though the world will be destroyed

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: rexsblues The graph is right. How so many African Americans are imprisoned is the racist part. Police do profile them.

Profiling resulting in summons for petty possession is not the same as actually being responsible for 3.5x more murders than African Americans should be responsible for via their share of total population.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
BAHAHAHA

Its sad, there are so many ignorant people on this "Deny Ignorance" website and I'm not talking about n-words. I constantly see so many "intellectuals" saying things like, "It's obvious that some races/cultures are superior to others." I have realized that this opinion is formed to help white people sleep better. All of their achievements were gained with the help of or on the shoulders of these "other inferior cultures". Their history is littered with mistruths which distort the fact that they were brought out of caves and into the civilized world by the same people they've betrayed time and time again.

These statistics of violence show many factors and the OP has molded them around one very ignorant perspective. I see stats that are so skewed cause of racial profiling by police. I see a police force put there to replace slave catchers and protect the wealth of liars and thieves. I see countries full of citizens who were encouraged to continue their barbaric ways by religious doctrine. I see an elephant in the room put there by poachers. I see standardized tests which do not reflect real intelligence but cater to the dominant society's perspective. I see a prison-industrial complex that has historically criminalized the actions of people of color.

I see that the words White and Black have only been used to describe race in the last 200 years because the aristocratic class needed to divide society into further economic brackets (white people just so happened to be on the benefiting side of this divide and conquer tactic). I see many of the problems in these communities were conscientiously brought about by an American government who had excepted these people as citizens, no longer as 3/5 of a man. I see a slavery incomparable to any other slavery on the face of the Earth in that it lacked humanity, perpetuated by people who consistently broke their promises in order to fulfill their own vice.

I see every person of color born into speaking multiple languages, or at the very least multiple dialects, while nobody addresses that being able to adapt your speech for various scenarios shows a higher intelligence than preferring one over the other. I see a vault under the Roman Catholic church which is MILES long, hiding away the treasures of Africa that have been stolen and imitated by Western society. I see that Western "civilization" has circumnavigated the globe leaving nowhere to come back to, lost to its purpose, only intending to make more of itself like a simple amoeba.

I look at black people in America and see people who murder themselves en masse... but when a person is suicidal do we blame the victim? Or do we realize that a suicidal person may feel that way because of their environment?

When I see all these things, it becomes clear to me that the word "civilized" is a subjective one that does not reflect the advancement of humanity. Rather, it reflects the self-destructive tendencies of a very young species; who has found a use for deceit but not the repercussions of its abuse. Making enemies on every part of the globe is a difficult task and when the day comes, you may need an alien God to come take you off planet and save you from yourself

edit on 15-7-2015 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Or they build bigger buildings and have a massive infrastructure of technology.

Wonderful

And they also pollute the air we breathe and ruin the environment and don’t know any better

Are they the superior race?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Good on you for trying to post about this, but here's the problem you'll soon encounter; minorities can't be held responsible for any of their actions because of white power structures.

So, despite your genuine effort to discuss this topic, you will soon be informed that the issue isn't race or upbringing or personal responsibility, but, in fact, white racism.

It's all socioeconomic apparently. Minorities would all be scholars and business moguls were they simply given a fair shake by the all white economic power players.

Oh yes, one last tip. Whatever you do, don't make a list of successful minorities. This just makes you appear really ignorant to the enlightened. Just because thousands of minorities have been incredibly successful in this racist system doesn't mean it's not an institutionally racist system. Until 100% of minorities are handed a trust fund the day they're born........racism is the only possible explanation for all of their problems.

edit on 15-7-2015 by hammanderr because: New paragraph

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

Black people are the ORIGINAL scholars and business moguls. We also formed our own Black Wall Street and our own colleges out of literally nothing, so yes, it is fair to say that we would be scholars and business moguls had white supremacists not burnt down our cities, flooded our streets with drugs and used a number of other crude tactics to keep us from progressing.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The determination of who is a superior race, if such a determination is viable, should be based on a holistic and integral judgment of the human being: not any one sided judgment base on who is the richest, and most powerful at the present moment( since clearly such are abusing said power to the extreme detriment to the whole of the race) until we see how the modern civilization turns out judgement should be aptly suspended...

As of now most people think the modern civilization is headed for a great big crash and burn

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn What the heck is White privilege?

I have been white all my life and I have had absolutely no privileges what so ever.

quoted because this is my experience also. ZERO 'privileges' ever. my life stinks. i'm white.

privileged? hell no.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Or they build bigger buildings and have a massive infrastructure of technology.

Wonderful

And they also pollute the air we breathe and ruin the environment and don’t know any better

Are they the superior race?

Before you comment please read what i wrote not what you want to see

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Try not to get stuck on the word "privilege". It really is just a vague hot word. But as a white person in American society, you have no doubt benefited in ways that you may not even see. Your forefathers screwed over many other cultures in order to ensure this.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: prepared4truth

Yes, of course, we all know that. It's all white people's fault. Africa would be the wealthiest continent on the planet if only.....

African Americans would all be wealthy if only.........

African American children would have the highest test scores if only.......

African American women wouldn't have record rates of illegitimate births if only......

African American incarceration rates...if only......

Racism

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: prepared4truth

i get what you're saying P4T and granted, my perspective may differ from others. nonetheless, when is it ok to forgive someone the sins of their forebears? how soon is now? eventually we must walk out of the shadow cast by our ancestors. we did not do what they did. we are not what they were. yet, it seems, we are eternally doomed to feel responsible for their actions.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Ego is always a part of the equation when people do things that get them notoriety--I wouldn't say that's an impossible ingredient to the problem at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: prepared4truth
a reply to: hammanderr

Black people are the ORIGINAL scholars and business moguls. We also formed our own Black Wall Street and our own colleges out of literally nothing, so yes, it is fair to say that we would be scholars and business moguls had white supremacists not burnt down our cities, flooded our streets with drugs and used a number of other crude tactics to keep us from progressing.

No, we would be business moguls and scholars had pseudo intellectual pro-blacks such as yourself didn't latch on to the teet of progressive politics in the late 60s to the point that 90% of blacks vote for Democrats despite all the carnage these liberal policies have wrecked on the black community today.

We have more opportunity that we've ever had in America, but we are squandering it blaming white folks. We had black wall street, auburn ave, black colleges, and all kinds of other things in our community when racism was prevalent, but now we don't even own the bodegas and hair care shops in our ghettos.

Folks like you try to make up every excuse under the sun for the state of the black community.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: Aazadan

What you speak of is an issue with the judicial system, not law enforcement.

As an officer I only charge the suspect with what the probable cause allows me too.

For example; if a person punches another person and there is little to no injury I charge them with battery. I don't charge them with attempted murder.

What the prosecutor does is out of my (law enforcement's) hands.

They're related. Because the poor do worse at trial, they end up in prison disproportionately, which leads to increased scrutiny on them by the police, which in turn puts even more poor people in jail.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join