It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elephant in The Room - The Culture of Minority Violence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yes, I would find it odd if the NYPD stopped EVERY young black man in the city more than once in 1 year period.

I would find it odd if they stopped EVERY young black man in the city in 5 years.

I know the stop and frisk policy in NY was controversial. That said, can you show me where they verified that every black youth in the city was stopped?

I'm calling it a night to. Rest well.

edit on 15-7-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Shocking Behavior

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

Yes, I would find it odd if the NYPD stopped EVERY young black man in the city more than once in 1 year period.

I would find it odd if they stopped EVERY young black man in the city in 5 years.

I know the stop and frisk policy in NY was controversial. That said, can you show me where they verified that every black youth in the city was stopped?

I'm calling it a night to. Rest well.
See point 5

You can find this information from about 100 sources. Welcme to 'odd'.
edit on 15-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
WookieP is right. the problem is this urban (not black) subculture. males join gangs, do drugs, and engage in violence. women sleep around, have babies without marriage, and live on taxpayer support. neither has job skills or (more important) a work ethic. gaming the system, theft, cheating the gummint, etc. are all viewed as positive achievements.
the democrats subsidize these people for the votes. the US taxpayer is paying millions for housing and other welfare payments, not for people temporarily down on their luck, but for thousands who live this way for three-four generations. if these big-city democrats really cared about their constituents they'd fix the school system, but they instead kowtow to the teachers' unions and leave them be (except when they run to state capital, or DC, begging for more money).
our school systems need to teach personal responsibility, work ethic, thrift, respect for others, and respect for others' property, instead of multicultural victimhood and rainbow tolerance for the sexually different.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: ShadowLink

Can you honestly sit there and say that if the police didn't profile blacks, that those bars would be much less skewed?

I'll grant you that the police do their share of profiling, but I think the vast majority of blacks in prison deserve to be there.

YES I can. and no. they don't.

You can only say that if the individuals in question did not commit the crime. Are you saying that the majority of individuals in question are innocent of what they are in prison for?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I believe fully that the blacks cause more crime in the US than whites, but I would ask, if whites were subjected to the same conditions as the blacks would whites do the same amount of crimes ? I believe they would. In Europe there is a big problem with a certain muslim African group that are responsible for most of the rapes of young muslim girls because they know the possibility of these victims going to the police is very low,because of shame and the want to protect there family and even if they do PC protects the rapist for fear of offending. What Im trying to say is PC is the biggest raciest system in the world, if problems cannot be openly talked about then they can not be addressed and will just keep getting worse. We need to get free of PC and start handling the problems not making people fear telling the truth. IMO PC causes most of the crimes and certain groups use it to there advantage

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

"The Culture of Minority Violence" isn't really the elephant in the room. Especially here on ATS where minority violence -- especially by Blacks, and to a lesser extent by illegals -- is a constant issue and/or accusation.

The real elephant in the room is the refusal to look at the contributing and/or causative factors.

Some folks have already brought up profiling by police and a legal system that makes it difficult (if not impossible) for too many innocent people to fight. And this is deliberate:

Policing for profit: How Ferguson's fines violated rights of African-Americans

Policing for profit perverts justice: Our view

Even worse are the poisons assulting their mental and physical health and well-being:

Lead Poisoning Is Still A Public Health Crisis For African-Americans

Children At Risk From Lead Poisoning

African-American children are five times more likely to be poisoned than white children. About 22% of African-American children living in pre-1946 housing are lead poisoned, compared with 5.6% of white children and 13% of Mexican-American children living in older homes.

Studies have shown that children with even small amount of lead in their blood have more difficulty learning and have lower intelligence quotients (IQ) than children without lead in their blood. For every 10 ug/dl of lead in the blood, a child’s IQ may drop 2 to 4 points.

Researchers have shown that young men (under 18 years old) jailed for juvenile delinquency have higher levels of lead in their bodies than other young men from the same neighborhoods who have no criminal record.

Then there's the study that sent the forced-vaxxers and anti-forced-vaccers into a tizzy:

Measles-mumps-rubella vaccination timing and autism among young African American boys: a reanalysis of CDC data.

CONCLUSIONS: The present study provides new epidemiologic evidence showing that African American males receiving the MMR vaccine prior to 24 months of age or 36 months of age are more likely to receive an autism diagnosis.

And the CDC employee who had to get PERMISSION from the prez to tell the truth:

Whistleblower Says CDC Knew in 2003 of Higher Autism Rate Among African-American Boys Receiving MMR Shot Earlier Than 36 Months

This isn't a minority culture problem. It's an American culture problem. When you get right down to it, we put profit before people again and again and again. We created these problems and we can fix these problems... but first we have to admit that we are the cause AND the solution... and, of course, we have to look at the real elephant(s) in the room.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yet no one discusses how this came to be in the African American community; the disproportionate affect of the Great Migration Northward and the ghettos, federal projects and utter poverty that awaited them.

If you have never read about the Great Migration and how, in my opinion, poverty and social exclusion amongst other stigmas has contributed to the disproportionate and often legal bias America's ethnic community deals with.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

No. Poverty is the driver behind violent crime not race. In many countries (including the United States) minorities are still marginalized from a cultural to a systemic level. This contributes to their poverty.

It's not a race issue, it is a poverty issue. It is a lack of social mobility within the society issue. It is a wealth inequality issue. Calling it a race issue is an agenda driven obfuscation.

It appears that in fact, poverty itself is more tied with violence, criminal damage and also drug use - as a catalyst for violence. - See more at: www.poverties.org...

Poverty and Crime

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedal
Yet no one discusses how this came to be in the African American community; the disproportionate affect of the Great Migration Northward and the ghettos, federal projects and utter poverty that awaited them.

If you have never read about the Great Migration and how, in my opinion, poverty and social exclusion amongst other stigmas has contributed to the disproportionate and often legal bias America's ethnic community deals with.

I dont think its so important how the mess happened, we need to get free of PC talk openly about the problems of today and start finding ways of fixing them.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The cultural dysfunction you see in the black community is a direct result of liberalism and the war on poverty which did what slavery and Jim Crow could not do --- break up the black family.

You cannot divorce the social dysfunction from the 73% out of wedlock birth rate in the black community. Black men have been marginalized and replaced by the government which has resulted in basically hordes of young black men basically turning into feral thugs. It is a literal Lord of the Flies situation in many of these communities.

You cannot argue that the criminality is a result of poverty and racism. The black community was no where near as dysfunctional as it is today during the height of racism prior to the 1960s. In fact, any many years we had higher marriage rates, higher educational rates, etc than white folks in that period. So if one is to believe this tripe that it is poverty and racism as the cause, you'd expect to see even more dysfunction prior to 1960s than you do now, but you don't.

I'm an a black male. I spent my share of time living in the hood and can attest to the sheer social dysfunction that has become normalized in the black community. You have a lack of male role models, aggressive behaviors, a culture that doesn't value education, glorification of thug life, etc.

Liberalism excuses this behavior and unfortunately, we have a class of black leaders who benefit financially supporting this claptrap. Liberals are like magicians. They use distraction to keep blacks from really seeing what is going on. The distraction is cries of racism.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I've posted similar (yet not as thorough) responses to posts about racism and white privilege and all of that crap before, but to no avail. I commend you on doing this in such a matter-of-fact way.

I just don't think that any one single answer exists to this problem--I think poverty and the lack of ability to provide for one's family drives some of the crime (which inherently brings violence along with some of it); I think welfare systems that motivate apathetic people to stay within the system perpetuate this problem; I think a mentality of victimhood perpetuates this problem; I think political correctness perpetuates this problem (it removes the ability to discuss the problems in frank and direct terms); I think fear perpetuates this problem--people fear what/who/areas that they don't know, so they just avoid them and they often get forgotten about; I think the breakdown of the family perpetuates the problem...and I'm not talking the traditional nuclear family, but even just have one parent around who actually cares about their child(ren) and their neighborhoods; I think existing racism does perpetuate the problem, although true racism is not nearly as prevalent as many would have you believe; I think a sense of entitlement perpetuates the problem; I think an unrealistic view of the real world perpetuates the problem; I think our school system in urban areas perpetuates the problem...I could go on and on and on.

But, I think the real driver of the problem is an unwillingness for cultures to change. There really is no "American culture," because so many microcultures exist in this nation. But many do not want to change because they feel as though they will lose their identity--and this goes for all races and cultures, not just black or Hispanic. But no one wants to really take the time to look in the mirror and actually make a change that starts from within, and that's the only way it will ever get better. Right now, most people expect others to lead the change...we have too many cooks in the kitchen without a chef, and nothing is getting accomplished of substance.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: IpoopThere4IAM

Unfortunately, certain races / cultures are superior / inferior to others. This is a fact.

Do you have a link to back up your opinion which you presented as fact?
edit on 15-7-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

originally posted by: IpoopThere4IAM

Unfortunately, certain races / cultures are superior / inferior to others. This is a fact.

Do you have a link to back up your opinion which you presented as fact?

All you have to do is look at the world and you see its true, but you have to look why some culture and races are superior to others, and how do you measure what is superior. If you hide behind PC which says we can not tell the truth nothing can ever change for the better.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

I was not necessarily disagreeing with their statement but it was a blanket statement that lumps them all together without acknowledging that all cultures have their pros and cons.

Seems like the person I originally quoted believes they have the moral high ground.

I'm not the PC police so I can careless about this whole PC distraction.

I find many of those who claim to be "anti PC" are hypocrites due to how they hate PC until they are offended then PC is okay to them for that specific scenario.

Everyone wants to be a victim now days.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IpoopThere4IAM

Lets look into this statement a bit more...

Which races are superior and why? (this question is addressed to all members)

I would prefer factual proof but also welcome anyone's opinion.
edit on 15-7-2015 by real_one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

a reply to: imod02

I was not necessarily disagreeing with their statement but it was a blanket statement that lumps them all together without acknowledging that all cultures have their pros and cons.

Seems like the person I originally quoted believes they have the moral high ground.

I'm not the PC police so I can careless about this whole PC distraction.

I find many of those who claim to be "anti PC" are hypocrites due to how they hate PC until they are offended then PC is okay to them for that specific scenario.

Everyone wants to be a victim now days.

Sorry misunderstood you, im 87% with you on this one

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

a reply to: IpoopThere4IAM

Lets look into this statement a bit more...

Which races are superior and why? (this question is addressed to all members)

I would prefer factual proof but also welcome anyone's opinion.

Good question. From what moral position was it stated? That is a whole other ants nest.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I've posted similar (yet not as thorough) responses to posts about racism and white privilege and all of that crap before, but to no avail. I commend you on doing this in such a matter-of-fact way.

I just don't think that any one single answer exists to this problem--I think poverty and the lack of ability to provide for one's family drives some of the crime (which inherently brings violence along with some of it); I think welfare systems that motivate apathetic people to stay within the system perpetuate this problem; I think a mentality of victimhood perpetuates this problem; I think political correctness perpetuates this problem (it removes the ability to discuss the problems in frank and direct terms); I think fear perpetuates this problem--people fear what/who/areas that they don't know, so they just avoid them and they often get forgotten about; I think the breakdown of the family perpetuates the problem...and I'm not talking the traditional nuclear family, but even just have one parent around who actually cares about their child(ren) and their neighborhoods; I think existing racism does perpetuate the problem, although true racism is not nearly as prevalent as many would have you believe; I think a sense of entitlement perpetuates the problem; I think an unrealistic view of the real world perpetuates the problem; I think our school system in urban areas perpetuates the problem...I could go on and on and on.

But, I think the real driver of the problem is an unwillingness for cultures to change. There really is no "American culture," because so many microcultures exist in this nation. But many do not want to change because they feel as though they will lose their identity--and this goes for all races and cultures, not just black or Hispanic. But no one wants to really take the time to look in the mirror and actually make a change that starts from within, and that's the only way it will ever get better. Right now, most people expect others to lead the change...we have too many cooks in the kitchen without a chef, and nothing is getting accomplished of substance.

Reminds me of a book i read a long time ago, it was about its better to be hated and be noticed than to live with no one caring about you. Could this be part of the problem, its better to be a "bad boy" and have people see you, than change and take the risk you become part of life, the same as every one else where no one knows you and no one cares. If this is the case then things will never change as people will always run to the "devil " they know. Please correct me if im wrong

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

White privilege is thinking that you’re white

White is a myth and only a political calculation.

Black privilege is to think that you’re black

Neither is real but merely political terms

A wise man use to say to black people when they instead "we are black”

The wise man would say “speak it”

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join