It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elephant in The Room - The Culture of Minority Violence

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

The problem is you are wrong. It is not the majority of the Black people, nor is it part of Black culture.

It is the majority of the Blacks that live in inner city ghettos that have this problem. The majority of American Black people do not live in inner city ghettos, but that is what they want you to think and that is why they are putting the spotlight on this group. They create the problem, they fuel the problem and they publize the problem.

I agree there are a lot of excuses and lies being thrown around.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I can't help but think about this article that was posted on Hiphopisread.com a few years ago.

www.hiphopisread.com...

In a nutshell, the anonymous author claims to have been involved in the music industry during the late 80's/early 90's and that the people who were invested in their music labels were also invested in the private prison industry, and artists were told that it would be in there best interest to promote music with criminality.

Now look at the music that emerged in the rap industry around that time and the message it sent. Music that blatantly glorified drug use, womanizing, murder etc. The entertainment industry literally destroyed an entire generation.

"If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person" ~ Aristotle
edit on 16-7-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: fingerbang
I don't get it. Why do we put numbers like this into a race situation? There flubbin poor and live in the ghetto. Anybody in that situation is going to end up in a life not "normal" for society. Doesn't matter what color they are. We are creating a culture that fuels a fire (race) just by discussing crime rates with black men and women. How do we not see the bigger picture? Our poverty in this country is disgusting, our law enforcement are being taught how bully us " citizens ", the media wants us to believe it's because of the color of someone's skin, and we just eat it up?? Think with logic people.

So many people are so filled with hate that it is impossible for them to think with logic. People believe what they have been programmed to believe. They have done one hell of a job on our minds.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Thug culture is EVERYWHERE, not just in the inner cities. If you really believe that, then you need to get out more.

It is not the majority of the Black people, nor is it part of Black culture.

That's where YOU'RE wrong. The longer heads keep being laid in the sand about this, the longer this topic will continue to go in circles. Denial is VERY strong in this country right now. In terms of violence, the NUMBERS do not lie, the OP shared those numbers, and it's the THUG culture which has allowed it to continue.

OR we can keep blaming it on other things and act like we're stupid and have no clue what is actually happening here.

edit on 16-7-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
I can't help but think about this article that was posted on Hiphopisread.com a few years ago.

www.hiphopisread.com...

In a nutshell, the anonymous author claims to have been involved in the music industry during the late 80's/early 90's and that the people who were invested in their music labels were also invested in the private prison industry, and artists were told that it would be in there best interest to promote music with criminality.

Now look at the music that emerged in the rap industry around that time and the message it sent. Music that blatantly glorified drug use, womanizing, murder etc. The entertainment industry literally destroyed an entire generation.

"If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person" ~ Aristotle

And who is pushing and bankrolling this sickness?

The hiphoppers and the thugs are being paid to play this role. They are being deceived to believe it is the only way out.

We have thousands of young people with college degrees that can't even get jobs at Mc Donalds. How are you going to convince them that an education is there way out.

Our problems are much bigger than a bunch of inner city ghetto Blacks, but they are a good distraction.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Our problems are much bigger than a bunch of inner city ghetto Blacks, but they are a good distraction.

I can agree with you on this, but NOT in terms of (civilian unrest) VIOLENCE in America. Which the OP shows. "Ghetto Thug culture" IS the reason behind it. Perhaps higher powers are behind this fact, I wouldn't doubt if this was all set up on purpose, but the facts still remain.

With that said, there are other shadowy things going on because we are focused on this fact. But that's a different thread all together! My sig thread talks a lot about that distraction and corruption by higher powers. I would encourage you to read that, then maybe start a whole other thread about it!
edit on 16-7-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimisticCynic

I think you’re the ignorant one since crime in the black community goes back long before gangsta rap…

In fact statistically crime is down despite Chicago.

Also black people and their culture are an American phenomenon not from Africa or Mars

Also serial killers and spree killers are the vast majority WHITE as well as white collar crime

That's an American problem

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
78% of births from wedlock is not a small subset of the black population. That is most. Fatherlessness is such a powerful indicator of the children's SES incomes that any argument about any group doing anything to them is ridiculous.
Thomas Sowell has books and interviews on this subject. One thing he does point out is that even in the poor black neighborhood. Fatherlessness affects the social norms of the culture, the civic duties, the institutions etc.
Sowell has even pointed out that this effect is playing out in white culture now too. White culture seems to be splitting in two. Poverty stricken wedlock births, single mothers.
He's takes a great case study of Belmont and Fishtown. Fishtown has went downhill while belmont retains that strong "white culture" of intact family structure, civic institutions, etc.

What is amazing is that this "white culture" took 100's of years to originate, coming from the reformation. Changes in attitudes about work, etc. Combined with new continents, much looser restrictions on trade than before, and some inventions in textiles causing the industrial revolution took off. This change generally only happened in places with large protestant groups. Protestant Western Europe. Most white american immigration came from these countries, Britain and Germanic countries.
Cultures that stress industriousness do better.
Sowell also has studies of groups of these industrious cultures moving to other areas of the world and doing well. Many jews came over with nothing and within 5 years they would achieve average income, Germans moving to places like russia, Chinese moving to malaysia and outcompeting malays. East asians coming to the US match of exceed whites.
Sowell's studies also show that blacks who make it to bachelor's level or higher make more than their white counterparts, But he notes there are so few who make it to that level. It's an easy choice for a "diversity" hire that people always clamor about.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Reply to Wookiep

It is not the majority of the Black people, nor is it part of Black culture.

OR we can keep blaming it on other things and act like we're stupid and have no clue what is actually happening here.

In my opinion, the war on drugs started a lot of problems here; I also think that the ' thug' culture was a biproduct of this war. Have a look within the system, where the results are prisoners; people put behind bars mostly for addiction, illness or being poor and unfortunate; profiled and frisked, results of this war.

The war on drugs perpetuated and fueled a crisis; if you go back and look where it started in the early 80's, and the communities of people involved; they were poor and minorities.

A lot of connections can be drawn from that conclusion; although in my opinion, it only opens up another can of worm/s to a different issue, an issue of deeper proportions; but nonetheless important or valid.

edit on 17-7-2015 by Daedal because: fixed quote[
edit on 17-7-2015 by Daedal because: edit

edit on 17-7-2015 by Daedal because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-7-2015 by Daedal because: edit
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
...Just the simple fact that I can't even attempt to post facts like this without seeming racist, kind of gives me a headache and pisses me off. I mean I had to go over the title of the thread again and again asking myself, "I don't know about that, does that sound racist?" I mean jesus this institutionalized guilt is getting ridiculous. That being said, I'm not racist and I'm not trying to provoke any bias, but how is it this topic is never seriously discussed? Are we really that afraid to point it out?

Yes. Differentiating between people based on race IS racist. I know you are not racist. I know that you meant nothing racial by posting the figures and asking the questions. I agree with you. I'm just saying that the first step forward is to stop identifying ourselves through our differences and realize that WE have a violence problem in our culture... S&F
edit on Fri Jul 17 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
Are we going to talk about how the white race has the highest percent of drug users within a race. And how they spend the most money on drugs if we were to stop white people from buying drugs the Mexican cartels would be out of business tomorrow.

You, and good amount of others, are missing the point of caring about people, from the start. Like come into the ER, what will it take, to save this person. That conviction isn't really there.

And it amounts to a drawn out, confusion fest, and caught up in a dialogue that progressively becomes more, and more "Off topic", and eventually the thread dies and people go "meh" and move on. "Oh, blacks are dying, right I forgot".

Peoples' comments and props, what did that do? Nothing, and those never cared about black anything to begin with, just useless babble.

edit on 17-7-2015 by ghaleon12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: fingerbang
I don't get it. Why do we put numbers like this into a race situation? There flubbin poor and live in the ghetto. Anybody in that situation is going to end up in a life not "normal" for society. Doesn't matter what color they are. We are creating a culture that fuels a fire (race) just by discussing crime rates with black men and women. How do we not see the bigger picture? Our poverty in this country is disgusting, our law enforcement are being taught how bully us " citizens ", the media wants us to believe it's because of the color of someone's skin, and we just eat it up?? Think with logic people.

That is just dumb, save an individual's butt or a large segments', improve their quality of life, and who among them is going to prefer unfairness, and inequality?

You are entirely going against what you're professing.

Just stop creating BS about "actual statistics and facts", that could prevent harm to a group, but it becomes a discussion 95% about enabling it, or attacking them as whatever.

Gays get a good amount of HIV? And it's in the raise? And yes, it is. And the CDC is freely funding testing in some cities across the country.

Actually doing something. Oh wait, was the word "gays" derogatory? Great, 90% of a discussion to semantics, oh because you care so much about the gays, yet missing the point that help is trying to be geared to that problem, that group, those individuals. Lol.

Hoot.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This is a good article to read. I remember listening to these artists as a kid. I grew up around this culture and listened to it frequently. Public Enemy was probably one of my favorite bands or groups of this time.

Source

In 1986, O'Shea "Ice Cube" Jackson, born and raised in a two-parent, middle-class home in South Central—and always more interested in music and books than in gangs—met Andre "Dr. Dre" Young, who shared Cube's passion for writing rap songs. The two started writing for Eric "Eazy-E" Wright, a former drug dealer who started Ruthless Records with his profits.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The biggest scam of all is black victimization at the hands of whites. I find it absolutely ignorant of some people to buy into this b.s. When the media calls black shooting victims of the police 'gentle giants' ,or kids stereotyped because they're black and show pics on the news of when they were 12 years old rather the 18 year old tattoo'd thug lying on the slab in the morgue right now.With 54% of all murders done by a 3% segment of the population(16-40 year old black males)and 65% of robberies done by the same group,and with the odds of a white getting assaulted by a black 40x greater than vice versa, you'd never guess that far more whites are shot by police than blacks. The very idea that these people act like bullies and then spinelessly play the victim when caught doing it is just sickening.Only surpassed by the suburbia libtards that enable this behavior by not holding them accountable for there feral like actions and instead make lame ass excuses for them,none of which involves self responsibility.Of course these people all live in gated communities or at least far far away from where the # goes down.I really wish some of them would move to a black community for just a month, go out, walk around and meet the neighbors! Need a gallon of milk? Hell it's only 11 pm,walk a block to your local barred up store. im sure you'll be fine. Any takers?
By the way I want to live in a society that is colorblind,I have nothing against that. It needs to go both ways though.Until there are serious repercussions against blacks like there is against whites for any and all racial assaults it will continue.
What is so hard about holding individuals accountable? Blame society all you want Mr. and Mrs. progressive but no matter what may influence your urges we all know right from wrong and as adults in a civilized society we exhibit restraint and deal with things maturely. Nowadays there's no restraint, just clown like buffoonery. Some of these kids are 1 step away from dropping there pants and flinging poo on each other.
edit on 17-7-2015 by fartsmeller46 because: more insight

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I am not referring to all black people as that wouldn't be accurate. But there are a lot of problems in the black community at large that are self inflicted. Missing fathers, jobs, crime, violence and the victim attitude. These problems can only be solved by that community and to be honest...they don't seem to care. From music to gangs, they seem quite content where they are and don't seem to want change.

Recently, we were looking to hire a person to work in one of our stores at my place of business. We interviewed four people and the one we all wanted to hire was the only black man...actually young man. He spoke well, had the right experience and had a young son with his girlfriend. Now...where I work, they don't have a good long-term experience with black employees. Calling off...quitting without a word...trying to sue with absolutely no valid reason, etc. I wanted to hire this guy...but I couldn't. Why? We sell very high-priced products to wealthy people. This young man had a neck tattoo of his signature and our customers would not like that at all. Nothing to do with being black...just the neck tattoo. Again, part of the culture and community.

It is time for the black community to take responsibility for themselves and dump all the "leaders" that tell them they can't and that there is an evil trying to keep them down. There isn't...they are often their own evil.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
What you guys fail to realize is what happens in the black community is what happens to all the poor communities just to a lesser extent. They just happen to be the test dummies. Why did drug use under Reagan rise 200% once he declare the so called 'war on drugs'?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ghaleon12

I'm just saying we are all complicit in this sick system. Gangs sell drugs a majority besides robbery it's their only income we are actively giving the murderers money and then get mad when they go buy guns with it and shoot people.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I think I see where the majority of you are coming from. Most of you, while saying, you aren't speaking of all Black people, turn right around and lump them all into one community, one mind set and one political arena. As long as you view all Blacks as a single collective, nothing anyone says to the contrary, will make a bit of difference.

No, I don't live in a Black community. I do live in a community that includes Black people, along with a large variety of other people. I don't expect the Blacks in my community to be any more responsible for the actions or choices made by others, just because they have the same skin color, any more than I expect you to be responsible for the actions of those that share your skin color or even religion. Many people that live in the ghettos are not there by choice and many are struggling to make their way out.

I am not apologizing for people who choose to live a violent or criminal lifestyle. I am not saying that their behavior is acceptable or excusable. I am not saying they should not be punished for their ill deeds, or that society should shoulder the burden for their discretions. What I am saying is that you can't lump all black people into one group or hold those that are not part of the offending group responsible for the actions of others.

I choose to live outside of the city, for a large number of reasons. I don't choose to live in a ghetto, very few people do. I do work in the heart of a very poor, Black community and I see, even inside of the gangsta community, different types of people, with different goals and dreams. I see the bad and the ugly, but I also see a lot of good people. Good people that are suffering for their bad choices, and good people that are suffering for bad choices made by others. Good people that live in fear in their homes and communities and good people that continue out if fear to make bad choices.

I work for the State and in Forensics. I work very closely with law enforcement officers and with criminal attorneys. I know the evil that people can do, and while the majority of the people involved in the crimes committed in this area are Black, the Blacks that live in the community where I work, it does not mean that all Black people in this community are the same.

When you see a person that committed an awful crime, you want to separate yourself as far from that person as you possibly can. The more obvious the differences are, the more you will attribute those characteristics to the crime, and the person to the crime. Unfortunately anyone that shares those characteristics, suddenly are now viewed as suspect. This is a very natural, human, survival, behavior.

I understand why many of you want to lump all Black people into one group and one mind set. It is easier and safer than to take the risk of allowing the individual to prove you wrong, or right. I have no desire to change your minds or your heart. I just feel compelled to speak for the many Blacks that are being thrown under the bus for behavior and actions of a group of people that the only thing they share is the color of their skin.

I am either preaching to the choir or to those that minds are set in stone, so I have nothing further to add to this thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

I think I see where the majority of you are coming from. Most of you, while saying, you aren't speaking of all Black people, turn right around and lump them all into one community, one mind set and one political arena. As long as you view all Blacks as a single collective, nothing anyone says to the contrary, will make a bit of difference.

No, I don't live in a Black community. I do live in a community that includes Black people, along with a large variety of other people. I don't expect the Blacks in my community to be any more responsible for the actions or choices made by others, just because they have the same skin color, any more than I expect you to be responsible for the actions of those that share your skin color or even religion. Many people that live in the ghettos are not there by choice and many are struggling to make their way out.

Allow me to clarify. There are many black people that are NOT a problem to themselves. There are real leaders, business men and women, good parents, etc. There are a lot that do not have any issues being a functional and supportive part of society as a whole. When I say "black community", I am including these people along with the "troublemakers". The "troublemakers" do a disservice to themselves and these good people that together...make up all black Americans.

Sorry to say but if you belong to a group, by choice or birth, you will be considered part of that group. We all belong to a few each. But until the person speaking knows every other person in the world personally...there will always be generalizations. And I'll say it again...the problems that exist in the black community are self imposed problems. And anyone of any color that tries to help them solve their problems are only making it worse. The black community (one example of a community that does disservices to themselves) needs to fix their problems themselves and own the experience and responsibility of those fixes. Otherwise...they are just "things" given to them by others.

Teach a man to fish...
edit on Fri Jul 17 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Quote Crash Course

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join