It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Elephant in The Room - The Culture of Minority Violence

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Savages? Never heard of the moors that conquered Spain have you? Your a blatant racist that doesn't realize that everything European society had was handed to them by African cultures. Have you ever done any research on the continent of Africa and it's history or are you just an idiot?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
relda, I agree that it does happen, but in regards to the truly innocent and class of people your referring to, it's not near to the point of it even marginally effecting the cumulative statistics of violent crime. Even still the majority of racial profiling that does occur in regards to violent crime is sadly understandable, based on the simple profile and demeanor the violent thug culture openly identifies with and represents. And again, that's what we're talking about, thug culture not necessarily minorities although they represent this culture almost exclusively.

Well, we don't know the numbers on how many are innocent because the plea system puts people in jail without them ever having a chance to challenge the evidence. 94% of people who are in jail were not found guilty in court.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Having waded through a lot of the posts here, am I the only one who doesn't think of this as a zero sum game?

The existence of white racist violence does not negate the existence of black racist violence.

The existence of black racist violence does not negate the existence of white racist violence.

While many people are trying to deflect the "other side's" arguments, the problem remains.

The US has a third world level of gun crime and urban violence. Playing the blame game or simply repeating "no, you're a poopie head" will not change anything.

And while you squabble, who benefits?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Whodathunkdatcheese

If you see the brainwashing of the youth in person you would be astounded. It seems alot the kids I went to school go to jail or become addicts and I live in Bergen country Nj(highest property taxes politicians bleed us dry) I can't been imagine living in a lower class neighborhood how it would be.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I said earlier that the solution to this problem is elusive.

Also, it isn’t a black problem; btw, it’s an AMERICAN problem.

Also, its not restricted to black culture look at the problems of serial, spree, and just regular murder in our society that are at epidemic proportions spread amongst the whole nation and you can add the white collar crime that is also epidemic

This is an American social and cultural problem

Also it isn’t restricted to America it’s a world-wide problem.

Murder, crime in the world , rape, child molestation are at epidemic proportions in many countries and the US is at the top but not the worst.

I'm afraid to say the world needs a cultural renaissance: political, religious, spiritual, philosophical, social, something to offer to people other than materialism, and solutions to ameliorate the inner need that many people have for anger and violence.

The issue must be dealt with on many levels: a holistic and integral approach that takes in education, spiritual, religious and moral issues as well as criminal justice reform and perhaps the most important level is that we need insights on the psychological level at what is at the root of this...perhaps even study on the psychotropic drugs that may be feeding this: such as a study of the effect that the emphasis on violence in our popular culture serves to inflame this...

This is not an easy issue... the elephant is huge...

And right now were not even dealing with it!

edit on 16-7-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

No it's a black problem. We can't fix it for them.

It's a cultural issue fostered through the glorification of rap music and thug mentality

eff the police , women are hoes and bitches , drugs and money are God, and I gotta have my swag

That's what rules the streets

Not personal responsibility

That is a black cultural problem.

You don't see all the pope white people acting like this and there are actually MORE of them then blacks

People who refuse to see this are just trying to be politically correct

Or are stupid

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: christophoros

The Moors and the Muslims that inherited the splendour of Constantinople. Of course, having dysgenic cultures promoting inbreeding for over a thousand years will have its share of effects. Ha, and liberals talk of the inbreeding of rednecks. More liberal hypocrisy and cognitive dissonance, who would have thought.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimisticCynic
a reply to: Willtell

No it's a black problem. We can't fix it for them.

It's a cultural issue fostered through the glorification of rap music and thug mentality

eff the police , women are hoes and bitches , drugs and money are God, and I gotta have my swag

You don't see all the pope white people acting like this and there are actually MORE of them then blacks

Or are stupid

And you don't see all the poor Black people doing this either.

It is not a matter of being "politically correct". It is a matter of being " factually correct". You may have an area where a large number of Black people live and embrace a particular lifestyle. That does not mean that "all" Black people embrace that lifestyle or are a part of that culture.

The young Black youths in my area don't dress or behave any differently from any of the other youngsters in my area. How is it that anyone can realistically believe that every Black person is an illerate thug that embraces a thug mentally and culture? To believe this is indeed stupid.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoonBlossom
Unless and until someone studies the deep ramifications of generational poverty - and the anger and hopelessness that instills - this issue will remain unresolved.

Agreed, however here in the states, most inner cities can be described as generational poverty, and yet most, if not all large cities are run by liberals...
They talk so much about tolerance, white privilege, gentrification, helping disadvantaged youth and families, and yet the cities run by them are cesspools...just look at Baltimore, Detroit, Oakland, Etc.!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I never said every black youth. Infact I was very clear and purposeful to the demographic I was speaking about. I said it twice

But good job trying to twist my words and make it out like I said something I didn't

Is it reading comprehension or just agenda blinding you?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimisticCynic

Are white people gonna take responsibility for being the Mexican drug cartels number 1 customer?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Your one of those segregation white supremacist I guess only white people in your view have contributed anything to society good to know. Don't you belong in the Pol section of 4chan?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The chart should also include other races like east asian (chinese, korean and japanese) etc. I am sure those numbers would be negligible as well though. Oh ok, guess they are counted in the 1.4% (all) but still these stats always focus on white people as a bench mark, which of course is unfair to white people...as usual.

Edit: Whoop, there you go...right in the two posts above mine. Like clock work. Even males his own statistics up.
edit on 16-7-2015 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I never said every black youth. Infact I was very clear and purposeful to the demographic I was speaking about. I said it twice

But good job trying to twist my words and make it out like I said something I didn't

Is it reading comprehension or just agenda blinding you?

I am sorry. I guess my reading comprehension skills are not up to par. So please explain who are referring to when you say, "No it's a black problem. We can't fix it for them.
Or are stupid"?

If it is a " Black" culture issue, are you not including all Black people?
If you compare poor White people as being innocent of this behavior, are you not saying that all poor Black people are guilty of this behavior?

The actual word "all" may be missing, but is definitely implied.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: christophoros
a reply to: OptimisticCynic

Are white people gonna take responsibility for being the Mexican drug cartels number 1 customer?

What ? Is this even relevant or are u just typing words

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Ooooh I get it now. All you saw was the word "black" and immediately jumped to "ridiculous mode" and couldn't get out of it

I'm sure if I would have said "African American" it would have appealed to your sensibilities better

Seriously take your pc apologetic crap somewhere else. No ones buying it hwre

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Fantastic research, you know facts are like bitter pills, too hard to swallow.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Ooooh I get it now. All you saw was the word "black" and immediately jumped to "ridiculous mode" and couldn't get out of it

I'm sure if I would have said "African American" it would have appealed to your sensibilities better

Seriously take your pc apologetic crap somewhere else. No ones buying it hwre

Did you answer the question?
I see nothing in your response that deals with your accusations.
I don't understand your hostility. I have nothing to apologize for and I make none. If I am misunderstanding your post, please show me where I miss spoke.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

If it is a " Black" culture issue, are you not including all Black people?

I don't think that's what he meant by the quote. But I do think it can be easily assumed that the majority of the black community IS included. There are some high-profile blacks who speak out against "thug" culture which clearly IS being embraced by most of the black community. Examples of those speaking out against it however, include people like like Morgan Freeman and Bill Cosby, but since all the rape allegations has everyone in a tiff concerning Cosby, we aren't allowed to mention him anymore. (Which, my conspiracy side believes has been set up on purpose)

Blacks who speak out against THUG culture, constantly get shot down by the black community, being called "uncle toms" and "too white to be black" etc. The black community so far has ridiculed anyone who is black that speaks against thug culture. I DO believe there are many within the black community who secretly loathe the thug culture, but they lay low and watch their tone, lest they be labeled as traitors and ridiculed for it. EVERY black conservative gets shunned and insulted by the majority of blacks JUST for not being on the liberal bandwagon. Seriously, name a (known) black republican, and we'll positively get the examples of this happening.

Don't you think that's sick? That's a sign of a very sick culture that needs to be eradicated. All the excuses and lies, exaggerations of white racism, etc by the "liberals" and blacks who want to keep up this never-ending charade, are simply distractions to deflect from the REAL issue of thug culture. Thug culture IS the problem, and it's not going anywhere until the majority of blacks renounce it once and for all.
edit on 16-7-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I don't get it. Why do we put numbers like this into a race situation? There flubbin poor and live in the ghetto. Anybody in that situation is going to end up in a life not "normal" for society. Doesn't matter what color they are. We are creating a culture that fuels a fire (race) just by discussing crime rates with black men and women. How do we not see the bigger picture? Our poverty in this country is disgusting, our law enforcement are being taught how bully us " citizens ", the media wants us to believe it's because of the color of someone's skin, and we just eat it up?? Think with logic people.

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join