It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4,000-Year-Old Floored Structure Found in Ohio

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Cool stuff. Thanks for posting.

For everyone else...

Manso is a bot.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Manso

I don't believe we were incapable of learning and I do believe in evolution however why does the scientific community not take more serious considertion to the posibility of n intervention to enhance us? And I truly apologize for provoking discomfort...I will be more than willing to take your advice

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I dont believe we were or are incapable of learning and I do believe in evolution it just comes as a surprise that the scientific community does not take into serious consideration the posibility of an intervention to enhance us and consequently speed up the process. Furthermore I do apologize for creating disomfort I will be more than willing to heed your advice...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It didn't take some extraordinary Alien or hybrid to construct dwellings. You simply used what was available, and over generations things got more sophisticated. Simplistic doesn't necessarily mean unskilled or stupid knuckle draggers.

For instance take this guy. Lol, and I'm surprised he's not doing it bare naked, just to show how it done by primitives.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: Ghost147

There was a saying that before the arrival of the Europeans, there were many thriving civilizations in the Americas some of them unknown.

I Agree from the Mount Builders of Ohio to Upstate New York to the Stone Builders of New Hampshire and Fort & Market Villages in Ancient Florida ... In The USA ..

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   
There are a great many mound structures and evidence of ancient settlement in Ohio. If you dig this stuff, a must see is Serpent Mound. Special about that, is that it is early earthworks in the form of a snake, inside a meteorite crater. Somehow they knew the significance of the sight. The orientation is unmistakable.

There is a suburb west of Cleveland, on the lake, called Rocky River. Down by the shore of Lake Erie there, is the Rocky River town park. Long suspected of containing earthworks and evidence of early settlement, it has never been proven. Some people think that long ago, the town constructed a terraced hill that leads down to the lake, but no one has been able to prove who did it. I think that this place needs some serious scientific scrutiny.

I lived there when I was young and was always mesmerized by that park. It is special in some very weird way, and hard to explain.

Great thread, S&F. The world needs to know more about this state, and much of it's early history is lost.
edit on 16-7-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Manso, thank you for a good laugh, as for the rest of the thread, very interesting, day by day, American history is catching up with those snobby Europeans!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Holy crap, I'm in Sheffield, Ohio right now! Wish I knew where this site was, I would definitely go check it out. Too cool!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
As an aside, I remember from my undergrad anthro class that a half acre wide field of floor tiles was found around 15 feet below ground level in OK (near the border with TX) during construction mid last century.

The TA who relayed the story said that the site was bulldozed to keep the construction on time and in budget, but that people still had samples of the tiles ... in fact, his family had some in a display case... and that stories like that were more common than most would think.

He had no documentation and was just some TA... and no idea who built it or how old it really was, but offered that such a huge floor of tiles went against much of what was thought about N. American history and he wasn't aware of any other such structures so far North... it was offered as a "Well, there is still much we don't know" anecdote.

Anyway, cool find and ... well, there is still much to find buried in America, I'd think.
edit on 7/16/2015 by Baddogma because: acre to half acre... old memory

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is good stuff. It's refreshing to read something about the true history of our country and not a thread about politics, aliens, monsters so forth. Don't get me wrong I dig into those as well it's just like oxygen to the lungs to read a thread like this.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Manso
a reply to: Manso

I don't believe we were incapable of learning and I do believe in evolution however why does the scientific community not take more serious consideration to the possibility of n intervention to enhance us?

Why should they when there is no evidence for it, and if you believe we were capable of learning and being creative why go to the alien influenced route, so lets recap, a 4,000-Year-Old Floored Structure Found in Ohio = exotic alien Annunaki?? Manso at 2000 bc many people from around the world had floored structures, why some even had good indoor plumbing and all cultures did not develop the same rate at the sametime, for example in the continental United States we had folks in the 60ts living without electricity in some areas of Arkansas or Alabama when other folks from the same civilization, same nation were sending satellites and people into orbit and even to the moon ..please be mindful of your temporal bias.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
nice post spider,

Even Homo erectus built wattle & dab huts with stone floors, 400k years ago in japan.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
nice post spider,

Even Homo erectus built wattle & dab huts with stone floors, 400k years ago in japan.

Wow really?? pls share you got a link pretty pls..

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Honestly I believe I confabulated two separate things,
here is the Japanese HE hut

Homo Erectus Hut

Japanese archaeologists have uncovered the remains of what is believed to be the world's oldest artificial structure, on a hillside at Chichibu, north of Tokyo.

The shelter would have been built by an ancient ancestor of humans, Homo erectus, who is known to have used stone tools. The site has been dated to half a million years ago, according to a report in New Scientist.

It consists of what appear to be 10 post holes, forming two irregular pentagons which may be the remains of two huts. Thirty stone tools were also found scattered around the site.

The wattle and daub huts might have been in Europe.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: punkinworks10
Honestly I believe I confabulated two separate things,
here is the Japanese HE hut

Homo Erectus Hut

Japanese archaeologists have uncovered the remains of what is believed to be the world's oldest artificial structure, on a hillside at Chichibu, north of Tokyo.

The shelter would have been built by an ancient ancestor of humans, Homo erectus, who is known to have used stone tools. The site has been dated to half a million years ago, according to a report in New Scientist.

It consists of what appear to be 10 post holes, forming two irregular pentagons which may be the remains of two huts. Thirty stone tools were also found scattered around the site.

The wattle and daub huts might have been in Europe.

Thanks actually I didn't know that pre moderns built structures, I thought that was our thing, thanks always, learnt something new today..

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147 Lets hope the Smithsonian doesn't try to make this disappear.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
a reply to: Ghost147 Lets hope the Smithsonian doesn't try to make this disappear.

Why would they?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join