It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERES. Contact May Have Been Made.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

We have had enough data to know it is a reflection of sunlight....

Have we? I don't think we have, please link me the experts who assert this.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
long thread so sorry if this has been answered but....

If this WERE a structure or a city, how large would it be , estimate?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

hard to say . ive blown it up and did some hdr toning, to try and see whats the story with that black bit that seems to overlap into the white,,,

files.abovetopsecret.com...

funbox

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I have a different opinion from noticing how the light-like sources are positioned and shaped.

There are several characteristics about it that boggles my mind.

1. It is positioned exactly on the equatorial region of Ceres.
2. The big bright spot is located right on the center of a crater.
3. There are 5 separated radiating sources on the right and when zoomed in, they connect to a "X" or a cross-shaped appearance.

I think this is a situation of ongoing underground construction. The bright radiating source may be some type of lighted entrance to the underground, a drilled hole, possibly in preparation of designing something underground.

edit on 15-7-2015 by chosonone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I am thinking that it might be a chemical that ignites from the heat from the sun, white phosphorus etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This is one intriguinging object. I hope we get more pictures of it much closer.

I'm down for anything, no matter what it is. Wether it's inanimate non life or aliens.

Could it also be lava pools or fields of lava?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Ice is not the answer. Exposed ice would sublime, that is, evaporate into the vacuum of space. An impact could excavate through dirt and into the ice below and leave a temporary exposure but it would not last long. If it is ice the event would be of a fairly short duration or there must be a way to replenish the ice and keep it clean from dust and debris so we can see it. Any mechanism for producing the bright spots seems to be complicated at the very least. I am not expecting a trivial solution to this.

The best explanation I have come up with so far is something along the lines of a rich magnesium deposit that was ignited by a small surface impact. Magnesium can burn anywhere, even under water, since it burns at very high temperatures and releases oxygen as it burns. That's why its so hard to extinguish once lit.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: chosonone

I think this is a situation of ongoing underground construction. The bright radiating source may be some type of lighted entrance to the underground, a drilled hole, possibly in preparation of designing something underground.

And they only need light during daylight, and as soon as the sun stops shining on them they turn the lights off?

Makes a lot of sense.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
The more I look at that blown up image of the bright spots, the more it looks like a very new cluster impact. There is lateral symmetry at increasing longitude. Such would be the case if a broken up object impacted as Ceres rotated underneath it.

All of the bright areas seem to be roughly spherical. On the far left and right you can see what were probably impacts upon impacts in extremely short time frames and that makes sense in the dark circles that surround them in the otherwise extremely bright areas. That would be ejecta forming small crater rims. There also seems to be slight radial raying out , especially in the bottom of the left brightest spot , and the 2 fuzzy edged spots to the right. The fact that the brightest area is in the center of that crater could be just a coincidence and not related to it at all.

We suspect that Ceres is basically a very dark object, with probably a mat of dark dust overlaying what ever the sub surface material is. This is the kind of surface appearance that some comets have. (Note pictures of Haley found easily online.)

We do not really know why these areas are so bright, but it is possible that the entire surface of Ceres looks like this if you could blow away the surface material. It makes sense they are new impacts, because there are so few of them, and there are a few other bright areas as well in different areas. I think that NASA probably suspects this as an origin, but they still cannot tell us what the bright material really is. I am sure they will figure it out soon.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
So it goes that Hubble took some images of Ceres back in 2004. I really don't think it is salt pan or anything like that. Does snow on Mars look like that? Not to me it doesn't lol. Anyhow here is the Hubble pic from 2004 just for reference.

It's almost as if its a bacon...I mean beacon of some kind.

edit on 4America/Chicago51Thu, 16 Jul 2015 00:51:00 -0500161200000015 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Nasa released a couple hours ago the 2nd mapping orbit media:

dawn.jpl.nasa.gov...

more questions than answers

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Sad to say, but does anyone think that NASA, or anyone that has the control of what is released would drop the "WE ARE NOT ALONE" bomb like that? If they were going to, they could have decades ago most likely. If anything is there, it will be played down, and photoshopped and we will be given some BS. Why dont they give us LIVE feeds of some type? Because they want to control what we see. Say what you will, but its the truth.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: drumcrusher

ISS has live feeds.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
They learned not to give us clear unedited views of "reality" during the vietnam war. Why do you think they would be more forthcoming with something this epic.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Yes it does. And some very interesting things happen up there. And surprisingly enough its taken down as soon as a lot of those things happen. But yea i have been pleasantly surprised that the ISS does have feeds. Maybe its because they feel like they have a little more control in what happens so close to home.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I will be very happy if im wrong though.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: drumcrusher
Yes it does. And some very interesting things happen up there. And surprisingly enough its taken down as soon as a lot of those things happen. But yea i have been pleasantly surprised that the ISS does have feeds. Maybe its because they feel like they have a little more control in what happens so close to home.

Except all that is proven false. There are videos of reflections and nonsense being hoaxed into aliens .. and the video feeds don't cut out.

You claimed there are no live feeds, there are.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

It's just like when people say "oh there can't be life there, there's no organic compounds that are the building blocks of life there."

Who are we to say that all life must be carbon based?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

No one says that. Organic compounds are everywhere.

journals.cambridge.org...

What people say is there is no known process that turns organic compounds into life, so the compounds themselves do not in any way infer life.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

what about "inhabitable" ?

2nd.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join