It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERES. Contact May Have Been Made.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

Bottom line is we don't know at this point and the scientists have the THEORY it is reflected sunlight. Now, if they did take a photo in complete dark (easy since DAWN is orbiting), and it is not illuminated, then that would make the theory 99.999% probable. I haven't seen one myself and maybe someone has. I ask where the earlier dark picture was from. I can take it in Photoshop and and turn down brightness and exposure and come up with the spots and it looks like the body is in dark. I want to see an actually dark side photo and then we will be able to rule in or out sunlight reflection as the cause. Until then I am on the fence.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A precise and obviously educated comment on said picture from the dark side, presumably. (edit: it isn't, but it's as close as we can get thus far)

Very intriguing, isn't it?

edit on 15-7-2015 by PublicOpinion because: nut sure

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

It is. The spots are reflecting or illuminating extremely bright. I keep hearing of overexposure, but NASA would have said that right up front. The fact they don't know what it is since they have been on it for a couple of months and closer orbits, says it is not overexposure. They would have checked that first. No one can honestly say what it is exactly at this point. However, the next two mapping orbits will resolve much better. The thermal is interesting as I believe the spots are actually cooler than the surroundings. That could indicate ice, but we do not know what another species would use for lighting. Maybe dissipating heat is a waste of energy for them and they have very cool running lighting somehow. That is the problem with trying to fit our understanding of technology to some technology millions or billions of years in advance to ours. I use that same idea when reading stories like Ezekiel in the bible. He is describing what seems to be a spaceship, but with his level of knowledge and technology. I submit he could be describing a modern day harrier jump jet. It is pretty stunning and I think we would be much the same with super advanced technology. Things we have today, if taken back in biblical times would be alien and magic to their level of understanding and I could imagine their description would be along the same lines as Ezekiel's space craft.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Could just be a high concentration of phosphorus.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

We might not be the brightest lights in this little sunsystem...
MOAR, NASA! DO SOMETHING! WTF?
Really?!? That's all you've got from this 'anomaly' (for us unworthy plebs)?

*sigh*

Damnd uniformed unicorns...

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Don't pull my leg on good old Hesekiel here.

It is. The spots are reflecting or illuminating extremely bright. I keep hearing of overexposure, but NASA would have said that right up front. The fact they don't know what it is since they have been on it for a couple of months and closer orbits, says it is not overexposure. They would have checked that first.

Well, Nasa didn't say much with regards to this pic. Your guess would be what exactly then?

A cluster of mysterious bright spots on dwarf planet Ceres can be seen in this image, taken by NASA's Dawn spacecraft from an altitude of 2,700 miles (4,400 kilometers). The image, with a resolution of 1,400 feet (410 meters) per pixel, was taken on June 9, 2015.

No Photoshop. Don't think so, you can get better results with said method of reduced light-exposure.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Perhaps it's Marian water. If during the time Mars had liquid water on it's surface there was a big asteroid hit. Remember we keep finding rocks from mars on earth. The resultant water/ice from the impact might have impacted Ceres. It's a far out theory but more likely than ET's home away from home.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Can any explain what could make the track like marks that seem to go over various heights of terrain?

NASA usually explains those rifts as either plate tectonics, cracking caused by gravitational compression and expansion due to underground tides, or the shock cracks from an asteroid impact. Whatever buries it's way into the ground, usually send out a shockwave that blows the crust apart.

Either those bright spots are either the splat from a comet hit or they are lights from domed cities. I'd love the latter, but I guess it's more likely to be the remains of a sludgeball impact. With all those comets orbiting in the orbital plane of our system, it's more than likely that one or two have entered the area of these planets and come to a messy end. That would explain two dots next to each other and aligned with the equator.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Don't pull my leg on good old Hesekiel here.

Well, Nasa didn't say much with regards to this pic. Your guess would be what exactly then?

My guess is that it is some kind of exotic element we don't know about. That is what I was getting at earlier with the explanation they used Iridium in watches some time ago to make them glow. There could be other elements that are rare or don't exist on earth that we know nothing of. However, I am not of a closed mind to not allow the possibility it could be from another civilization. The odds of that are extremely low however.

A cluster of mysterious bright spots on dwarf planet Ceres can be seen in this image, taken by NASA's Dawn spacecraft from an altitude of 2,700 miles (4,400 kilometers). The image, with a resolution of 1,400 feet (410 meters) per pixel, was taken on June 9, 2015.

No Photoshop. Don't think so, you can get better results with said method of reduced light-exposure.

I was talking about NASA or the NSA's use of a program or process to airbrush out objects in the Apollo Moon photos. It would not surprise me that if they get closer and did discover something that would be paradigm changing that some agency would cover it up. The cover up because I believe they have done it before with moon photos. I use Photoshop since it seems to be used by modern society to describe any modification of photos. It has become its own term now it appears.

edit on 15/7/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject
Ceres has my attention from the moment NASA couldn't figure out what this could be. Also they ask the public opinion what it could be, something I never thought NASA would ask if they had a clear assumption what the anomaly could be . There own theory's doesn't seem to hold in some way.

Asking the public opinion somehow looks like a poll to measure the overall opinion from public and research point of view.
by now they should have had an answer what we're are looking at. Why does it take so long to come with a reasonable explanation other then to stay quit on the background?

I think they have major problem on their @$$€$ , but they probably sneak right trough the rabbit hole. I'm careful to say that it could be alien what we are seeing, but considering that all the logical statements done and contradict all the basic elements on how this little planet evolve just as we can compare it with our own moon , I start to think they run out of poker cards to play with and hopefully it bleeds to death is maybe what they are hoping for..

perhaps its residents feel that it makes sense to keep their city illuminated throughout Ceres’ rotation cycle rather than turning its lights on and off.

To my opinion the brightness comes from within. It's a subsurface event what we're seeing. I can't see any light reflection hitting the rim of the crater and if you look closely you see something over heading the big bright spot. It leaves drop shadow at the top and not sideways . If this were an alien outpost I would find it understandable to keep the lights on within this cave . And it also would have better strategic element in not getting wiped from the surface of this planet by meteor impact.

On second thought it might as well be a shield that lids up on camera ?
edit on 0b17America/ChicagoWed, 15 Jul 2015 17:50:17 -0500vAmerica/ChicagoWed, 15 Jul 2015 17:50:17 -05001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Stupid question. If this were indeed a city then wouldn't SETI have already picked up a signal. I've always liked the idea of SETI, surely if intelligent life is out there to be found then you'll hear them before you see them?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Well.. Mars might be not the next destination for Humans but actually Ceres. 2-3 years travel.. seems to be doable.

Fueling the imaginations here but Ceres has always been an interested in the sci-fi community and also base for a lot of speculations including home to potential micro bacterial life due to (again) potential existing ice water and who knows what resources that planet (sorry dwarf-planet) has.

I agree that NASA has an issue, that's why the shutdown was pretty convenient and I almost believe they found something that is significant enough to be of National Security Interest.

Whatever it is, we will be the last to know if not one of the NASA engineers starts talking OR if you see suddenly NASA engineers dying left and right - you know something is up.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OnionHead
Stupid question. If this were indeed a city then wouldn't SETI have already picked up a signal. I've always liked the idea of SETI, surely if intelligent life is out there to be found then you'll hear them before you see them?

I don't think they listening to "local" stations - meaning our Solar system. They are scanning and grabbing signals on different long range frequencies and filter out local noises.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Here's one more thing to think about:

Both pictures
- same rotation counter clockwise.
- same location of dawn (give or take)
- same light intensity

What's different?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OnionHead

No question is a stupid question if someone doesn't know. And you do not know either. You assume that their technology would be like ours if it were an alien base. They may use communications equipment very different than anything we look for. Not to mention SETI targets star systems not solar system objects. They have covered about 3.5% of the total sky to date. If they are millions of years or even billions of years ahead of us, our technology would be primitive to say the least. And if they are using directed beam communication, they may be pointing it away from Earth anyway.

I think you better reanalyze stupid before you color yourself as such trying to call the OP's question stupid.

edit on 15/7/15 by spirit_horse because: typos

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

the second picture look's out of focus , or is blown up beyond its natural resolution

funbox

edit on 15-7-2015 by funbox because: add

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

nooope. Try again? You'll be like ahhhh ok.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

The bright spots are not self illuminating.. they are caused by a reflective material which is reflecting sunlight...

Now you have to ask yourself a question.... what is the most likely source of reflective material on Ceres? Is it: -

A) Ice or other natural crystalline structure

or

B) Unnatural formation either built by us or by an Alien civilization....

Please follow the logic....

Korg.

Wrong, They are self illuminating. When your gif rotates to the left the spots barely fade along with the surrounding landscape, and when it rotates to the right they fade out because they are located inside a crater, yet the surrounding landscape outside of the crater is still showing light, understand?

So you have debunked nothing, and actually helped validate that they are most likely self illuminated. So you might want to take some of your own advice and follow that logic, because that is the logical explanation. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

they share the same illumination even though ones in the terminator and the other is miles from it ?

funbox

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Nice, I never noticed that until now. If you watch to the left before the lights appear, you can see the crater that they are in moving to the right before the spots light up once it gets darker. It's obvious that the sunlight is drowning out the bright spots up until they reach a darker area of Ceres. They are without a doubt self illuminating. This is the most convinced that I have been so far concerning this subject. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

is terminator the buzz word for shadow?

It's the sun's position which is different. Top pic the sun is more direct, bottom the sun is to the left

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join