It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CERES. Contact May Have Been Made.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
you can take it for granted that what the public sees is less than 30% of the whole story. space is secret.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
Yeah I've been saying this.

Looks like city lights.

If it is city lights, why do they go dark as soon as the rotation takes them into the dark side? They are only visible when they are illuminated by the Sun. That's rather the opposite of what you would expect for lights.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

They are only visible when they are illuminated by the Sun.

Look again. And again. And ah... forget about it.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Thanks a lot for checking twice, mate!
Much appreciated. Thought so.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

maybe they are in photosynthesis in daylight hours, phosphorescence lasts a little into dusk , then ...blink... heat conservation only

funbox

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

no worries, im confusing enough as it is, without adding more, inadvertent confusion

funbox

(post by Urantia1111 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Maybe the lights are a phosphorescent material such as a strontium compound?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I watched a tedtalks the other day with Freeman Dyson. He talked about plant life evolving on Europa and how it might evolve to live in the vacuum of space. He said it would have to magnify the sunlight for photosynthesis and also have access to ice. Maybe this is plant life that lived on an asteroid and crashed into Ceres and is now spreading across the surface.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I LOVE the idea of alien life....heck, I believe we will find proof of extraterrestrial life in this generation...

But dude, this is a really thin thread.....like sheets of atoms thin...
There is a 0% chance this is a city.....way more likely to be a photo anomaly/artifact than a ridiculous city...

Posts like this discredit those of us who truly believe in life existing everywhere in our galaxy....there is simply no chance a civilization capable of traversing the expanses of space would pick a crater on Ceres to build a society...
Sorry but that's the truth.
-Christosterone

As for this not being a good site for an installation, I beg to differ.

First this is a body that has potentially water ice, metals, and minerals, all with the bonus of extremely low Gravity. It's large enough to offer radiation shielding if you burrow into it, and it's most likely a sterile body with no pesky weather to deal with. So Amything you extract from it you are pulling out of a weak gravity well, unlike a planet like earth or Mars.plus up to this point it's been very secluded.So there are valid reasons for a outpost there. Whether or not that's what it is remains to be seen, but it's not that bad of a choice .

edit on 15-7-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Ok, I was hoping someone noticed or at least asked the question...

Why are the lights going on just before it passes into the shadow? There's no lights while Ceres rotates out of the far left, two white spots in the north and south region pass by, the crater passes into view and suddenly the lights just flick on once it reaches the center of the frame. It's almost as if frames of the gif are missing. Anyone else catch this?

eta: upon a closer inspection and some due diligence, this is NOT the full rotation of Ceres. Where is the full rotation?

Even these images don't show the complete rotation

edit on 15-7-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

A healthy dose of speculation and hypothesis are key to science and discovery; there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Try this instead:

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

And yes, I think there are some pictures missing in the other GIF. I would guess that could have been very compelling ones.
The light seems to be very stable if ya catch my drift. Very unusual if you ask me

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

yup that's better.
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

It show's what I was looking for; the lights are consistent in the full rotation. The two, then three whiter areas dim out as they get to the shadow indicating true reflective behavior, yet the crater lights are brighter and more consistent in their luminescence. Those are indeed self-illuminating lights and anyone who says they are reflections is on pharmaceuticals and isn't thinking clearly.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Nothing to freak out so far, I can still think of volcanos. But... aliens would be great indeed.
A very good perception you have, my dear Padawan. Precisely well put.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Oh hey, I'm just keeping it real. I would love for it to be a city but I'm not going that far yet. Just telling what it aint. If it is something mundane then I would like to see it as radioactive SUPER gold. 1 spoon = the entire deficit.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Just to give an alternate to your view.

What do we know of aliens in the public sphere?
NOTHING.
To assume that they would not have reasons to use lights during a Ceres' Day is the first error.
Ceres is much darker than our familiar terrain. If they are from a normally lit (our standards) place, there is no reason to think that they do not need lights during the day.
In turn, this gives greater efficiencies to whatever lighting is necessary.
They also may have decided that they would go into a resting state to maintain efficiency when the sun goes 'down'.

The other is that they may be hiding and feel safer during daylight to release excess light.

It could be an art exhibition.

If y'all uncross your eyes from looking at the near field, you may find that there are NO bounds to potential explanations. That is because we do not know POOP at this time.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The mysterious bright spots on the dwarf planet Ceres are better resolved in a new sequence of images taken by NASA's Dawn spacecraft on May 3 and 4, 2015. The images were taken from a distance of 8,400 miles (13,600 kilometers). In this closest-yet view, the brightest spots within a crater in the northern hemisphere are revealed to be composed of many smaller spots. However, their exact nature remains unknown. "Dawn scientists can now conclude that the intense brightness of these spots is due to the reflection of sunlight by highly reflective material on the surface, possibly ice," said Christopher Russell, principal investigator for the Dawn mission from the University of California, Los Angeles. These images offer scientists new insights into crater shapes and sizes, and a host of other intriguing geological features on the surface. The image resolution is 0.8 mile (1.3 kilometers) per pixel.

Source

That is NASA's statement. I want to see the dark side, but I wonder if NASA even takes any dark side photos. I wouldn't be surprised if they did to answer that very question themselves. If it was still glowing, they wouldn't release it until further determinations were made. That would rule out whether they are self illuminating or not. And as we do not know what it is, it could be a new element that may be highly radioactive and be emitting light or and element that gives off its own light.

The only thing is I don't trust NASA after they were cold busted Photoshopping or airbrushing out things on the moon. Why anyone would trust them to release paradigm changing information is beyond me. However, at this point in society I think that information would be leaked if indeed it was determined to be something other than natural. I don't believe NASA itself would make the decision if it wasn't natural. I believe there would be inter-agency consultations along with the president. It could be very upsetting to society. I think of the religious implications and effect it would have on extremist reactions.

Of course, I don't believe aliens travel here from across the galaxy. I believe they are in our oceans (USO's) and have a mining base on the moon. LIving on the surface is dangerous. Some planets are worse than others. If an advanced being was here, they would want to hide so as not to be seen and live in a stable environment, which the sea provides. Just ask the folks in tornado alley or on the coast when a Cat 5 hurricane is devastating them how they like living on the surface.

If they are indeed here, then traveling to Ceres for some reason is not that far out of their way. The thing about the alien question is that none of you know absolutely one way or another. There is evidence of human abduction, but you can show any piece of evidence and there will be the skeptics that just will not believe it if they held it in their hand. And that is OK, because even evidence could be manipulated and not be what it seems. It is like Big Foot. You can have all the tracks and other evidence in the world, but until the skeptic sees a body that is verified to be real, they will argue against it.

I feel the same is going to be the case for aliens. Until they can board a ship themselves and talk to an alien they will discount it, and that is ok for them. When people can not handle the truth they go into denial mode. That is ok too. For example, I saw a big foot for 5 minutes one day while hunting. The case was documented. I had a scope on my rifle and sat and watched it while it stood there curious looking at me. It wanted to cross the field I was in and was staying about 5' out from the treeline. I think it was concerned about crossing with me there. However, no skeptic would take an eyewitness or tracks and nests as evidence. Unless of course they were on a jury. If skeptics are on a jury, they should be consistent and dismiss all eyewitnesses and evidence that can be explained by something else and acquit the person. Somehow, I doubt they would do that though. It only happens with things they don't agree with or believe. That is hypocrisy.

And the thing about it going dark in the terminator. I believe that since it is in a crater the edge of the crater suddenly hit the angle where it blocks the bright spots. If you look closely, there are other light white spots that rotate in and well before the terminator and they dim and disappear even before the terminator. It is because they are entering the sunset zone and they get dimmer from less light hitting the area. The questioned bright spots do not behave that way. They remain at the same brightness through sunset and into the terminator as far as we can see before they are blocked by the crater wall. As I said above, a dark side photo would end the debate about being reflective material if they remained visible. That does not mean they are artificial however. As I said, they could be an exotic material. An element that made it there from impact or from the interior of Ceres. It may be self illuminating due to radioactive decay, or some other mechanism. We humans have material like that in watches with Iridium. They glowed in the dark with it, and possibly something else added. But, those watches had to be discontinued due to tritium being radioactive. This is not the same thing as glowing watches today that are charged by sunlight. Maybe the Iridium decay was used to hit a fluorescing material.

Bottom line is we don't know at this point and the scientists have the THEORY it is reflected sunlight. Now, if they did take a photo in complete dark (easy since DAWN is orbiting), and it is not illuminated, then that would make the theory 99.999% probable. I haven't seen one myself and maybe someone has. I ask where the earlier dark picture was from. I can take it in Photoshop and and turn down brightness and exposure and come up with the spots and it looks like the body is in dark. I want to see an actually dark side photo and then we will be able to rule in or out sunlight reflection as the cause. Until then I am on the fence.

I would love it to be an alien mining operation! However, it is not likely. I would think if you ascribe to Werner Von Braun's statement that the government was going to go from wars, to rouge states, to terrorism, then asteroids, and finally a fake alien invasion, then this would be a perfect opportunity for the conspirators in the Military Industrial Complex that would run the operation to come out and say we found an alien mining or staging operation right here in our solar system to begin the build up for a fake alien invasion and claim we have to unite as human beings under a planetary government and begin preparations for a possible invasion. How's that for a run on sentence with NWO and Alien Invasions too! lol!

Need a brew after that lol!

edit on 15/7/15 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Our Moon has the same kind of Bright Spots ! but not as big and bright as Ceres

from a A Flim I Had Long ago..

edit on 32015WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago7195 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 32015WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago7195 by Wolfenz because: getting the pics in order

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Why are the lights going on just before it passes into the shadow? There's no lights while Ceres rotates out of the far left, two white spots in the north and south region pass by, the crater passes into view and suddenly the lights just flick on once it reaches the center of the frame. It's almost as if frames of the gif are missing. Anyone else catch this?

Nice catch! They definitely click on like they are preparing for the dark coming. But, I agree frames are missing. The question is can you see the crater prior to the bright spots appearing in the gif? If you can show the crater in sun light without bright spots, then you have something pretty major.

ETA: The link below shows NASA's animation. You can see the bright spots all the way across from left to right, so that is the case with the above gif that frames are missing. Look below.
NASA Ani-Gif

edit on 15/7/15 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join