It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Knew it was coming: NAACP wants Stone Mountain CARVING removed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I apologize as I usually have a strong emotional intelligence and can debate I an intelligent manner. However, I'm greatly saddened that my generation has digressed to racism and another cold war. I thought all that were learning lessons of the 60's and 70's. I've been ranting in a credible forum and I will take accountability for that, I apologize to all I just hope we can fight this silly ploy by out government to stand separated based not off of current events but history that none of us were involved in.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

You linked me the end of WWI.

I'm done with you.

You have bored me.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Here is the video of him talking about it.

Better burn those Civil war books too!

ISIS would be proud

Thanks for the video.

That carving is so offensive I cover my kids' eyes. Yep, burn the books, erase the past.

Do it all over again.

ETA: And I don't even have kids, so I have to cover other people's kids' eyes!
edit on 14-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Does anyone else find it ironic that they're "white-washing" history?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: beezzer

OH my god...

They rebeled against en.wikipedia.org...

read it...

catch up on the definition rebel...

read definition 1. their is only one definition.. Go ahead and ask google...

I thought you were kinda smart around here... I see the rating system on ats is still a farce...

It's kind of funny you brought up the Armistice of ww1. Did you know that Lincoln broke the armistice of his day by reinforcing fort Sumner? Which helped provoke the start of the civil war.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: buster2010

I'm not claiming that they *are* patriots (or that I agree with their (confederate) cause(s), BUT

In general, sometimes the government approved definition of traitor is also known in other circles as a patriot.

That said, I believe that congress made the confederates who served in the Civil War official VETERANS, so...yeah.

Let me see if I can find that to cite.

ETA:

Interpret as you will: U.S. Public Law 85-425, Sec 410

Waging war against the United States is an act of treason. After fighting in a war people are called veterans duh.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No reason to apologize.

I let this invented BS get to me at times too. I feel your pain.

Times like that I need to turn it off and walk away for a while.

Find some peace away from here for a bit, it helps.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I know, right?

I am surprised all those kids in the video were smiling and not running in fear crying from the horror.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

And the revolutionaries were also treasonous, by definition, rebelling and taking arms against England.

You're *implying* all treason is bad and unworthy of esteem simple *because* of the dirty word treason.

I agree with you most of the time; in this case, I'm looking at the historical context and significance. Hey, if they want to take that carving, cut it out intact, and put it in a museum, go for it. Otherwise, leave it be.

In this case they were made veterans by an act of congress. While they are veterans of the war, they are federally recognized veterans. Big difference.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

How eloquently put and my appreciation is beyond words. But never would I walk away for nightmares only help you experience that in which reality has not given you the opportunity. I will face my fears and anger head on and hold myself accountable when I let emotions trump my logic. The only thing more powerful than dynasties and the world's most powerful weapons are ideas. Ideas are immortal and cannot be suppressed. I will share mine and openly invite opposition as in the right context makes stronger, better constructed ideas. Thank you all

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Reparations are next. Just sayin'.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: fshrrex

I think again the irony would be to embolden the differences instead of embracing and being symbiotic. We cheat our selves and all the government's count on that. The power used to be in the masses who believed in their selves and their peers. And here we are, a world close to ruins.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Liquesence

I'm not claiming that they *are* patriots (or that I agree with their (confederate) cause(s), BUT

In general, sometimes the government approved definition of traitor is also known in other circles as a patriot.

That said, I believe that congress made the confederates who served in the Civil War official VETERANS, so...yeah.

Let me see if I can find that to cite.

ETA:

Interpret as you will: U.S. Public Law 85-425, Sec 410

Waging war against the United States is an act of treason. After fighting in a war people are called veterans duh.

I think he was talking about this.

Confederate Soldiers are American Veterans by Act of Congress

Veterans Today
It was kind of a big deal in our history.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

All right then, soldier on Sir. And Godspeed.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

We ALL have been going to Hell in a handbasket from the beginning...but it is not happening today or tomorrow (Google time/date in Australia)...you may need to walk away from this medium for 24 hours and watch a sunrise or sunset before you come back. Don't worry, we will save you a space in the flaming handbasket.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

You know what? I'm all for it. The sooner we obliterate all early American history, the sooner we can be rid of all the "you owe us because of slavery" crap. If some of it goes, it ALL goes. Wipe the slate clean and let's move on.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111

You know what? I'm all for it. The sooner we obliterate all early American history, the sooner we can be rid of all the "you owe us because of slavery" crap. If some of it goes, it ALL goes. Wipe the slate clean and let's move on.

Sorry, I will still be white. I know I should feel guilty right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join