It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Knew it was coming: NAACP wants Stone Mountain CARVING removed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Bicent76
a reply to: beezzer

so did the swastika, what is your point?

You sir, are a liar.

Prove it.

I hope that is just a jester's model of thread mayhem. I should I call it a gesture....

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You sir, are a liar.

Prove it.

I hope that is just a jester's model of thread mayhem. I should I call it a gesture....

You can't prove it and you aren't man enough to admit you were wrong.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Here is the video of him talking about it.

Better burn those Civil war books too!

ISIS would be proud

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I'll say this again with more faith in ATS people than people I actually talked to. WAKE THE FU*K UP! This is not a point of discussion, this is an attempt to keep people from actually joining together. Let's be real, a year ago there was no racism in the news because it wasn't an issue. Ignorant people will always exist but they are children, and if you ignore them than their points are mute. Suddenly before the election and a geopolitical mess we find ourselves debating and focusing on an issue that is no more urgent than it was a year ago yet hear we are continuing what the media has started. I pray we all wake up, I really do. Confederate threads have been rampant on here as well as media and social media. This is not a real issue, occurrences of racism have not changed in the last few years. If someone commits a racist motivated crime, prosecute them and do not give them the satisfaction of giving them a national media platform, and when they go to jail I promise their peers will help give them a punishment. That is all, I will no long post on this thread nor this topic again, I hope we can all help snuff this out. Maybe I'll see more threads that matter, like the almost inevitable war with Russia, or other stuff that is actually going to test us as people. Should we fail I promise someone else will be BOUGHT into the Whitehouse, and in hindsight we will wonder how.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I find Jade Helm always makes me feel better here.

ETA: And I agree with you, this division is manufactured.
edit on 7 14 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev
LOL. Cry about what the confederate flag means yet we still love that american flag. Native american genocide, imperialism, needless wars killing millions, embargo on Iraq starving 100's of thousands of children. Foreign aid to genocidal dictators, coups by us intelligence in many countries, still tortures, only country to use atom bomb. Etc etc.
The argument is bad and you should feel bad.
Any argument based on what the confederacy did should equally apply to all flags

The irony here thou, IS Native americans do not have to fly or see old glory on there reservations. American black Americans, have to see that flag in certain states, at parks and governmental buildings. HENCE THE WORD governmental buildings and parks..

Some of these southern states based off of their actions are still racist as hell obviously..

As far as the United states and their politics, what does that have to do with viewing a symbol on a flag or whatever that represents racism? Especially when we won the war and made every man and woman a free citizen. Of course the south has continued to have a hard time dealing with that, back in the 60's the south decided to beat the crap out of blacks all decade over just stupid crap, they did not want to go along with, like getting rid of segregation etc. So I guess I am not at all surprised they are fighting this tooth and nail, and lashing out at anyone saying hey getting rid of a symbol that represent hate needs to be removed.

How we can compare the old glory a flag that represented the dogma, that beat the confederation to their flag, is kinda funny..

In My countries defense, the native Americans did not even have the invention of the wheel, when we pioneered America, I show compassion for native Americans, but that is a different argument. Our politics, for the most part from what I can conjure up with previous research has been reactionary.. I do not see America, going out murdering people and enslaving people in 2015 for kicks and giggles or having it part of our dogma..

American, history is not clean, we would not have a american history in 2015, if we always made the right decision sometimes you have to choose the lesser of two evils to survive...

Again, this has absolutely zero nothing to do with whether or not a rebel flag or it's symbol is being displayed on government buildings and parks, ESPECIALLY when black people who are haunted by that damn symbol are asking for some respect, asking for the symbol to be removed..

I think that is the difference here, No one is saying everyone is perfect, carrying on like you never made a mistake or hurt someone, etc. is just ignorant actually...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

You sir, are a liar.

Prove it.

the natzi's were rebels bunny...

google can prove it ask her..

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

You sir, are a liar.

Prove it.

the natzi's were rebels bunny...

google can prove it ask her..

You're saying that the Nazi's wanted to start their own separate government from Germany?

Oh lord, what's the point.

Let me guess, public school education?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Jade helm is meant to stir stuff up. Notice we all speak of conspiracy take our rights BS. News flash, that happened with the Patriot act. God forbid everyone come together and have a true democracy, this system thrives because we always bicker. The problem is never what it seems, you have to find the root. And the root is social apathy and corruption, the corruption existing from the apathy. We can sit here and bicker or fix it. My money goes on big corporations and big government get their way as always.

+5 more 
link   
a reply to: Bicent76

Since Hitler was voted in who did the Nazi's supposedly rebel against?

History books are awsome!!

link   

There is a statue in front of the U.S. Capital building in Washington, D.C. of a man by the name of Albert Pike. He was a Confederate General and one of the highest ranking Mason in American history. If you personally destroy it...I'll take a shot at Stone Mountain.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I'm not claiming that they *are* patriots (or that I agree with their (confederate) cause(s), BUT

In general, sometimes the government approved definition of traitor is also known in other circles as a patriot.

That said, I believe that congress made the confederates who served in the Civil War official VETERANS, so...yeah.

Let me see if I can find that to cite.

ETA:

Interpret as you will: U.S. Public Law 85-425, Sec 410
edit on 14-7-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The jade helm comment was an attempt at comic relief to lighten your mood.

Sorry it didn't work.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Jade Helm is my stripper name.

And Monuments should remain up, lest we forget why.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I should have been a carpenter. The demand for soap boxes in this day and age....coulda put my kids through college.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Liquesence

ok I will try and knOck inteligence into this thread, bring it on... I know it is about the SYMBOL pattern being advertised on FEDERAL AND STATE MONUMENTS AND BUILDINGS...

No, you aren't knocking intelligence into it: you're going off topic and making this about the FLAG when it is NOT about the flag. It's about carvings of Confederate Generals.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

OH my god...

They rebeled against en.wikipedia.org...

read it...

catch up on the definition rebel...

read definition 1. their is only one definition.. Go ahead and ask google...

I thought you were kinda smart around here... I see the rating system on ats is still a farce...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The irony is this world hasn't changed, every flag has a dark past and humans aren't perfect. You can be an adult an accept that with understanding which leads to change through your knowledge. Or... We can try and make things fair while we all pay the price for our dissolution and misguided efforts. People need to wake up and stop arguing like children about sh*t that has already happened and part of history. Hate to break it to everyone but this world is cruel and full of people trying to exploit. If you don't like that change it, should you want to continue this "the races and classes are fighting", than your no better than a bigot racist because living in the past is not fixing the present. And if you want to see things in black and white, your a racist, work on that.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Jade Helm is my stripper name.

And Monuments should remain up, lest we forget why.

I find that oddly erotic, Jade Helm the Bunny stripper.

Not sure why...........

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ok I give up...

Hitler, rebelled against no government, their are confederate symbols all over america, and to hell with what black Americans are asking to be removed out of respect I guess arcane racial habits die old...

I give up..

I have been let down again with mankind...

I will lower my standards some more..

Carry on I am over it...

Sorry mods.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join