It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women, here's a tip: Guys don' t want to watch chick movies.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Reverbs

fair enough, I get distracted with my own opinions sometimes. Yes back to the topic, chic flicks. I'll do it and sometimes have not regretted it.

Name 5 good chickflicks.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Same here lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

who said they have to be good?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

who said they have to be good?

So thats a no then?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

How else am I going to tell you that "you complete me"?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

We don't always need one, or at least I don't. Jaws doesn't have a love story.

Well, not unless you're watching this version ...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

I'll give it a shot

-Legally Blonde
-Mean Girls
-Miss Congeniality
-The Devil wears Prada
-Failure To Launch
-Sweet Home Alabama
-Tangled
-Grease

I can keep going.

You're not going to sprout a vagina (not that theirs anything wrong with rocking one) watching a chick flick, same as you aren't going to get all peen lusty if your gay neighbor gets married.

edit on 1420150720151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

its been awhile tbh. last one I saw was keanu and sandra bullock in that mail box thing from the past

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I understand that you find an attraction to it but will it stand up to the test of time?

Is it a good film, does it have a good plot?

In ten or twenty years time will people still talk about it? Will future generations see it as a defining moment?

Or is it just another chickflick of the time?

Will it stand the TEST OF TIME? Clearly you've never seen it nor heard of Nicholas Soarks, who wrote the book. Lol sorry I love this movie. It's a real love story imo, it's very loosely based on the authors relatives. I'm not sure if it was his parents or his wife's. Nicholas Sparks writes many romance novels that have become movies, "Th Notebook" has been the best by far!

"The Notebook" is over 10 years old! Oh it will stand the test of time! It will be a classic.

I own many chick flicks and this is the only one I can watch over and over again, BECAUSE the plot is so good. I love it!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

a reply to: Reverbs

fair enough, I get distracted with my own opinions sometimes. Yes back to the topic, chic flicks. I'll do it and sometimes have not regretted it.

Name 5 good chickflicks.

"The Notebook"
"Sweet Home Alabama"
"Say Anything"
"PS I Love You"
"Ghost"

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I'll give it a shot

-Legally Blonde
-Mean Girls
-Miss Congeniality
-The Devil wears Prada
-Failure To Launch
-Sweet Home Alabama
-Tangled
-Grease

I can keep going.

You're not going to sprout a vagina (not that theirs anything wrong with rocking one) watching a chick flick, same as you aren't going to get all peen lusty if your gay neighbor gets married.

some of mine are
sweet home alabama yes.. One of my favorites.
crazy stupid love,
bad teacher,
friends with benefits,
easy A,
mean girls,
ps I love you,
10 things I hate about you (i think its called?)

I don't remember most of the names. I'm bad with names.

edit on 14-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Hey, some of us only watched those movies because we got a reward or were allowed to do something else later

Or, not that I encourage this - Some of us used the movies as an excuse to fall asleep. Don't know about your significant others, but mine at the time thought it was cute that I'd fall asleep through the movies, because somehow I'd fall asleep still supporting her

-foss

Side note: I've already lost too many braincells from anything involving K.K - I'd take a romance movie over watching that... thing any day of the week.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

its been awhile tbh. last one I saw was keanu and sandra bullock in that mail box thing from the past

Is that the one where they were seperated by time, like he was two years ahead?
If that was the case, he should have asked her not to make 'Miss Congeniality II, Armed and Fabulous'.
edit on 14-7-2015 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

yeah that's the one. They both lived in the same house but at different time periods and corresponded via a time portal in the mail box.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
My husband likes period piece romantic films, like Jane Eyre and Pride and Prejudice. He likes romantic comedies too - one of his favorite films was When Harry Met Sally. That's a great one.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Oh come on, some guys like those chick movies. Maybe I don't know one guy who does but I am sure there has to be one or two somewhere.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
My husband sat through all versions of Pride and Prejudice with me. Why, because I sit through countless hours of Anime with him, it is called compromise. But more than that, it is about sharing the things that each other find interesting. My husband and I also read each others favorite books, and we don't always enjoy them, but we share anyway. It keeps us connected.

I foresee a lifetime of loneliness and bitterness in your future if you don't compromise some. Sappy movies serve to remind us that we are human and have feelings and that being in love is lovely.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

yeah that's the one. They both lived in the same house but at different time periods and corresponded via a time portal in the mail box.

sounds like a movie about reality in some of you guys' relationships. Close to the matrix in deep thought about what are we doing?

haha...

I only jest.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I watch them with my wife, and every gf I ever had. There is something seriously wrong with the culture you and your nephew have. It's actually disgusting to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Notebook.
Walk to Remember.
Princess Bride
Breakfast Club
The Blind Side
Love Actually
Marley and Me
Pretty Woman
You've Got Mail