It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women, here's a tip: Guys don' t want to watch chick movies.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: Reverbs

It works for us as everyone gets to do what they want to do without having to pretend they like stuff they don't.

It's not about pretending.. It's about compromise. I compromise by caring about my looks.. I don't really care what I look like, but my girl does..

Chick flicks are good you just don't get them.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

Each to there own I suppose, we just do not do it like that.

We have many things we both like but if we disagree then we say so.

The other day I watched a lecture by nNeil tyson degrasse, 5 mins in and she said "this is # I'm going upstairs to watch lady and the tramp"

Other days we will spend 14 hours watching stargate together and loving it.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Chick flicks are good you just don't get them.

Sorry, I guess "Bridesmaids" was over my head.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I have watched enough of them to know that they are all exactly the same. the same formula just different actors.

I have the strength to say no and my partner respects that.
edit on 14/7/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

Sorry, I guess "Bridesmaids" was over my head.

must have been..

Oh look guy exploded.. I've seen that movie a thousand times. The plot lines are just as dumb.

Sounds like you are dating the wrong people.

My ex liked the matrix and "crazy, stupid, love"

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I have watched enough of them to know that they are all exactly the same. the same formula just different actors.

I have the strength to say no and my partner respects that.

Same as anybody. Anyone can say no.. You just havn't realized yet that almost all movies are the same plot line.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ok ...

This is ... *ahem* ... well ... ok ...

... *twiddles fingers awkwardly* ...

Right ...

I watched '10 Things I hate About You' around 9 years ago and thought it was ok

Ok I admitted it guys. I probably wouldn't enjoy that movie now but there I said it! I did it and I enjoyed it!

Here ... just take my man card ...

I need to go eat power tools and use a bacon sandwi- oh hell, I don't even know anymore.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

It's alright I was in the Army and trained to kill men.

I still like chick flicks.
edit on 14-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Ha, OP's off-base a bit. Plenty of men watch chick flicks. I've noticed they're more apt to deny it or try to flip channels real fast, but they DO watch them. Even caught my husband watching a few, so engrossed in them that he didn't notice me walk in the room til I cleared my throat or sat down. BOY, does the channel change fast when a guy doesn't want to admit he likes Sleepless in Seattle or When Harry Met Sally. Or Clueless, or Dirty Dancing, or Pretty Woman. I've even walked in on him watching Titanic & Legally Blonde. I don't get you boys, if you like the story, just say so already, don't cover it up with a scramble to flip through channels or a lame "I must have dozed off" excuse, lol

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

My SO and I work a lot, so we don't get to spend a ton of time together, maybe not enough to care about what the other dislikes, we like spending time together more.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Actually I have.

That's why I say no to watching them.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct

As I said each to there own

We have enough crappy tv and movies that we both like to fill the gaps.

I am a lucky man as Mrsnonspecific likes scifi and stupid UK reality like masterchef.

On reflection I watch the great british sewing bee with glee and anticipation if you are aware of it.

That makes chick flicks look like twin peaks.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I watched 'The Notebook'.
I thought it was a d@mn good movie.
It was so good....I forgot that there was an attractive woman sittin' next to me watchn as well.
Not to mention....I picked it out.

P.S. I'm a bad@ss

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

And don't we all love Twin Peaks! I've grown a love for Premiere League soccer/football, at first I didn't really see the appeal, but it's grown on me. SO and I are planning a trip to Newcastle so we can catch a game and terrify ourselves by trying to drive on the other side of the road!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I agree with nonspecific. I've seen enough of those inane, insipid chick movies to know whereof I speak.
I have a list of films that I want to see, but don't have the time.
For God's sake, there are films by Stanley Kubrick, Orson Welles, The Cohens, etc, etc that I need to see again.

There's more brilliant films out there than you could ever watch.
Yet, people will still watch a movie about Sandra Bullock going undercover in a beauty pageant, because it's 'cute'
or whatever.

I know that millions of people watch those movies. I also learned long ago that 'popular' usually doesn't mean 'good'.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I actually don't mind watching chick flicks.

There's usually nudity in them... so I'm good.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

I saw The Notebook. I thought it was awful, and I mean incredibly awful.
I usually don't give a lot of creedence to film critics because they're too jaded, but I agree with these:

Top critics on The Notebook:

“There’s no way to endure the movie without earplugs and a blindfold.” —Peter Travers in Rolling Stone

“Cassavetes isn’t much of a director and he never settles on a mood, which he seems intent on ruining with hiccups of goofiness.” —Manohla Dargis in the Los Angeles Times

“Considering the sunny, relatively pleasurable romantic business that precedes it, the elderly stuff seems dark, morbid, and forced upon us.” —Wesley Morris in the Boston Globe

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: Nyiah

I agree with nonspecific. I've seen enough of those inane, insipid chick movies to know whereof I speak.

So speak for yourself.
Title a thread that involves me and expect me to show up.

I've seen all of the mind expanding movies too many times. Not that I won't watch bladerunner, fifth element, 2001 space oddessy, or the matrix over again, but...

I like goofy as chick flicks too.

You keep naming the chick flicks I don't like. I think I have better taste. That's a joke don't get saucy now.

By the way all of this talk about chick flicks and I don't have wine or chocolate or a girl in my arms to watch one with.. Not cool..

edit on 14-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Any self respecting man would watch whatever movies he likes whether action or romantic. Any self respecting woman wouldn't expect a partner to sit through 2 hours of something they didn't like.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I love insanely bad old sci-fi films. In fact, we have a "classic bad sci-fi movie night" once a month.
One of my favorite critics of old sci-fi will say things "It's so awful, it's magnificent". I l have a wide
appreciation of film. Chick movies is not a genre I'm into.

I'm glad I did this thread. I pretty much got the comments I expected.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join