It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women, here's a tip: Guys don' t want to watch chick movies.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I just had a talk with my nephew's girlfriend. She was upset because he didn't want to watch some sappy romantic movie with her.
Her defense was "But I go see action adventure movies with him!"

I said "There's a BIG difference. You like action movies."
I actually had to explain to her that no self-respecting man would want to watch 'The Notebook'.
For God's sake, I know women who hate those movies.
Why would a woman want to be with a guy who watches Jennifer Aniston movies?

It's a bit of a paradox. It's OK for a woman to be tough, but it's not OK for a guy to be a romantic movie-watching sissy.
Sorry, that's just the way it is. I don't make the rules.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I know tons of men who don't give a crap if they go watch a sappy movie or two with their girlfriends or wives. If a man can't sit through 2 hours of something he doesn't like, he should never, ever date anyone, seeing as a relationship will have hours upon hours of unpleasantness to sift through. Women might not like to watch action movies, or they might like to, sometimes we just do things to please our significant others because we love them and 2 hours is a very small commitment.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I apologize if this offends you but I think I lost 3 IQ points reading this post. Plenty of dudes watch chick flicks. And you seem overly concerned about the perception of your masculinity.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Yeah, you really, really DO wanna watch our chicken flicks. We like them for a reason just like we like chocolate....ahem...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

I apologize if this offends you but I think I lost 3 IQ points reading this post.

Tell the truth....you're wiser for having read it.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I have to agree with the OP here.

It has nothing to do with masculinity it is that chick flicks and romcoms are simply awful.

I am in a long term relationship yet have no issue with telling mrsnonspecific to go and watch that rubbish with a female freind.

This valentines she took her female friend to watch a chickflick and then went to dinner.

I did not have to endure a crap movie and she did not need to watch me do so, A good time was had by all.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Yeah, you really, really DO wanna watch our chicken flicks. We like them for a reason just like we like chocolate....ahem...

always worked for me.. Definitely pro tip..

And OP don't speak for me dude.. I like chick flicks. I like them a LOT.

I didn't like the notebook, but that's just one movie. I watched it 3 times though. I've made girls watch gladiator more times than that.. Give and take, don't be greedy.

Me and my ex used to always rent 2 movies. One for me one for her. A lot of the time I liked the chick flick better.. Depending on which order we watched the movies in there was a Long intermission in-between the first and second movie...

edit on 14-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I know tons of men who don't give a crap if they go watch a sappy movie or two with their girlfriends or wives. If a man can't sit through 2 hours of something he doesn't like, he should never, ever date anyone, seeing as a relationship will have hours upon hours of unpleasantness to sift through. Women might not like to watch action movies, or they might like to, sometimes we just do things to please our significant others because we love them and 2 hours is a very small commitment.

Why make someone do something they do not wish to do for love?

That sounds like a silly thing to do.

link   

originally posted by: Malynn
I apologize if this offends you but I think I lost 3 IQ points reading this post. Plenty of dudes watch chick flicks. And you seem overly concerned about the perception of your masculinity.

If you're as hot as you are in your avatar... I agree with everything you just said.

link   

You are judging all men by your own standard.
I have known guys who watch soap operas, same thing right?

My son very big masculine guy who flies and Apache watches with his wife and she in turn watches his favorite sci fi they enjoy doing things together.

My hubby just went through the torture of Les Miserables musical version lol last night! Hug to him! I watch his favorite Predators. Nice to be with your loved one while they enjoy something and you learn more about each other.
edit on 14-7-2015 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Malynn
Plenty of dudes watch chick flicks.

Yes there are plenty of us that do.

"Come at me bro!"

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

Make your girl watch movies alone??

Or snuggle with her and make her feel safe when the guy chooses the wrong girl in the movie, so she knows she picked the right guy. For me to get in the right mood I would drink wine instead of beer as my normal go to. Get out the wine glasses and popcorn and fancy chocolate..

It's not like you're digging ditches and filling them back in all day in the Army..

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

If you mean wise to the fact that you sound vaguely sexist, and must be a real joy to have a relationship with...then yes absolutely.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

LOl then what is love?

I clean the toilet...hummm

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Malynn

you sound vaguely sexist

I'm really not. Sexism is wrong. It hurts everyone.
Especially broads.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

Sorry I look like Skeletor and Paula Deen had a baby. So that invalidates all my arguments right? Only hot chix are worth listening to Bro!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Because sometimes compromise is okay when you'd like to spend time together, but can't quite decide what you'd like to do. You aren't "making" anyone do anything. Most people at least have the free choice to decide if they want to watch a movie.

What I'm saying is, if it makes my SO other happy to go watch a movie I don't like, because he wants to get out and do something together, what's 2 hours. I don't have to pretend I didn't like it, and afterwards we can have a riotous discussion about how we did or didn't like the movie.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

No , not alone.

If she wants to watch a romcom she goe's to her friends house so she can watch it with someone that cares enough about the movie to talk about how good it was, If the timing is right her friends husband comes over here and we listen to music and drink beer.

It works for us as everyone gets to do what they want to do without having to pretend they like stuff they don't.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

speak for yourself.
the notebook was awesome.
i enjoy chick flicks and rom coms.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

someone that cares enough about the movie to talk about how good it was,

Talking about how good a romantic comedy was? Sorry, you lost me there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join