It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is obscure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
God is old fashioned and during his time in the beginning of adam and eve and his own existence - god is and was obscure (error prone, without solution, without hard data) and turns a blind eye to solutions to human struggle. Tis struggle is of discipline (in communications terms - errorless , effective , with solutions) - on how to live and the root of this is effective communications although he is called "all-knowing" he shows no knowledge of how to be effective because if he knew like we were told he would have taught us humans the way back then then we would have many less problems now. If he knew - he would have told us long ago.

I am going around the fact that god is "evil" and piercing the point that god is not all knowing - thus characteristically forfeiting his nature making him a fraud.

It would be best to see my previous link about communications discipline. You can look it up and I'll see if I can add that link into my signature.

EDIT: Ok, the discipline story is in the first link on my signature.

Thanks

edit on 14-7-2015 by RevelationsDivad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
IMHO...
God is no more or less obscure than we allow Him to be. 'There is none so blind as he who will not see'. Some of us see His workings in our lives and in creation itself; others refuse to acknowledge any divine effect.

The old old question (which I have asked myself) is something like 'why does God allow _____'? Does He now know/care? Is He unable to interfere? Could He not have saved the Titanic? stopped Hitler?'
Traditional Christianity teaches that God is well aware of what is done on earth. There is no simple easy explanation as to why He allows tragedies.
1) He gave earth to us. He is giving man a chance to see what we can do. allowing mistakes is like letting the child fall of the bicycle; how will he learn if he doesn't have some space to make mistakes?
2) He is giving us time/space to repent. He takes no pleasure in the destruction of the wicked, but would prefer him/her to repent. He wants all people to be saved. so He allows people to do bad stuff in hope that they'll change later. (If I'd died earlier in my life I might have been on the wrong side)
if He stepped in and stopped every bad thing life on earth would be pointless. There is a promise of ultimate justice, in the next world if not this one.
I hope that addresses the issue some.

edit on 14-7-2015 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RevelationsDivad

Nah, Judeo-Christian theology may think this but not Islam. In Islam, God makes no mistakes. It's not a mistake just because we don't understand something.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I am going around the fact that god is "evil" and piercing the point that god is not all knowing - thus characteristically forfeiting his nature making him a fraud.

Knowing as you've said above "God (fixed it for you) is "evil" " It would be in your best interest to not piss Him OFF !!!

JMO...

See the Prodigal Son - It's never to late to come home. We all get off track, He would enjoy the call home. It's we who've gone off track... He is the same yesterday, today and will be forever...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Disease, Famine, Evil.

I don't know how much longer this hands off approach crap is gonna cut it. "Reality" is already absurd, so why should good people be forced to endure? Because "God" said so?

ETA: And if humans were created in the image of god, then why is the human body such a frail piece of crap?

edit on 7/14/2015 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Perhaps you are trying to fit a mountain into a thimble.

God MUST rationally be beyond our capacity to comprehend. God's motivations are therefore greater than we could understand.

Inferring that God is not all-knowing from our limited view is somewhat ironic.

Perhaps God feels that raising the human race up to being an immortal linked-mind community with nearly godlike powers, trumps the issues individual members have along the way.

edit on 14/7/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Another explanation is this: What creation can understand its creator? Expecting us to understand God is like expecting a painting to understand its painter. We don't even understand ourselves but are arrogant enough to think we understand something that created our existence. Artificial intelligence will appear to come close to understanding its creator (humans), but without human emotions, it will still never understand us either.

Just think about all of the rules of physics, particle physics, chemistry & chemical bonds, etc. Not the rules & theories we believe right now, but the final "true" versions of each theory. I mean after all errors have been corrected, after every discovery has been made, & after everything has been explained with 100% accuracy. That will be a monumental day for humanity right?

Well those absolute truths already exist & have existed since our universe was created. We're just beginning to uncover & understand them right now, yet think we have the capacity to understand the one who created & perfected them.

EDIT: Ok, this isn't directed at you in a bad way. I'm agreeing with your post. Re-reading my post makes me seem grumpy.
edit on 14-7-2015 by enlightenedservant because: i need a snickers bar or some mango strips b/c i sound grumpy. i blame scott walker

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: chr0naut

Another explanation is this: What creation can understand its creator? Expecting us to understand God is like expecting a painting to understand its painter. We don't even understand ourselves but are arrogant enough to think we understand something that created our existence. Artificial intelligence will appear to come close to understanding its creator (humans), but without human emotions, it will still never understand us either.

Just think about all of the rules of physics, particle physics, chemistry & chemical bonds, etc. Not the rules & theories we believe right now, but the final "true" versions of each theory. I mean after all errors have been corrected, after every discovery has been made, & after everything has been explained with 100% accuracy. That will be a monumental day for humanity right?

Well those absolute truths already exist & have existed since our universe was created. We're just beginning to uncover & understand them right now, yet think we have the capacity to understand the one who created & perfected them.

EDIT: Ok, this isn't directed at you in a bad way. I'm agreeing with your post. Re-reading my post makes me seem grumpy.

I understood and agree with you totally (starred your post too).

Cheerz.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Sounds a lot like Bruce Nolan in "Bruce Almighty"...

I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet.

Bruce: God, why do you hate me?

God: You've been doing a lot of complaining about me, Bruce. Quite frankly, I'm tired of it.

God is God and he is in control.

He can see the big picture and we cannot.

Remember Isaiah 55:8-9:

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
"Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner"

Murgatroid, I believe you have hit the nail on the head, with a now universal truth.....

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
If your god is evil, just stop worshiping him and choose another god.

You have the power to choose for your own integrity and happiness. There is another God that is within you and has been from the beginning.

The kingdom of God is within you. You don't have to be deceived and worship a god "here" or "there".

You can express your integrity and happiness within and let truth set you free.
edit on 19-7-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

top topics

join