It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban Star Wars Princess Leia Action Figure

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

OMG.... this is the best reply I have ever read in my life.

Thank you for the much needed chuckle!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I wonder if this guy would take issue with his sons playing with a male action figure that happens to have a chain on his neck? Let me guess: Only if it's brown-skinned?

This guy is sexist. Super PC. And potentially racist. LOL

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That's not too bad of an idea.
Maybe someone should talk to Mr. T.
Or, how about all those rappers with a neck full of bling?

I can't help but wonder what will be next... Maybe mother's milk, it has been shown to cause cancer when injected into a rat's skin.
edit on 15-7-2015 by tinymind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
My husband sent me this from work. He thought it was relevant.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

People just can't wait to be offended. Stupid. I wonder if he's even seen the movie. I mean that's just what she wore on the movie.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Isn't this a classic example of religious conservative or right wing political correctness? Ban Barbie, ban Teletubbies, ban Halloween, Bratz Dolls.

Here is a list of some other banned toys and why:

Lucifers toy chest
Omg, this is the funniest thing I've read in ages!

I love this Site ^^^^ LOL ! Total Satire ...

edit on 32015WednesdayfAmerica/Chicago7195 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I get it now,
They're just jealous of all that gold chain.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

It won't get banned until she's wearing a confederate flag.

If flying a Confederate flag makes you a racist, does flying the skull & crossbones make you a pirate?

This whole thing about being offended is getting out of hand. What's next ? burning the action figures, the movies and books...?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Note to collectors:

The left wants to ban the Princess Leia action figure

and the right want to ban the black Stormtrooper action figure.

get them while you can!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
My husband sent me this from work. He thought it was relevant.

That is good.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
They don't even seem to realize that the "age 4 and above" is a safety rating system designed to alert parents if the toy is physically safe for their kids to handle. Usually toys that contain detachable small pieces get higher age ratings because younger kids might put them in their mouth and choke on them. It has nothing to do with how appropriate the toy is or not, and absolutely not a suggestion to buy it for 4 year old kids. It just means its safe for them to play with.

What 4 year old kid would even want that toy, they most likely haven't even seen the movie. This is just stupid.

I thought it was more crazy that they called it the "black edition" and she was in the "slave costume". That should raise more eyebrows.
edit on 15-7-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
So Philly news stations won't report on philly hate crimes but they will report on one person who will, like most households in america, not police what their children watch on television but get all discombobulated when their child asks them a simple question. If we were honest with our children many of our problems would solve themselves.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Why that scruffy looking nerf herder...

Out of all the scantily clad dolls that line the shelves, he takes offense to the one with a chain around her neck.

"daddy, I want the Leia doll!"

"No, that's not for kids. How about this one? it comes with a tartan miniskirt and a smartphone glued to her ear, that's far more appropriate."

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Is no one going to mention Boba Fett's ship??? I mean, Slave 1 SHOULD have offended an entire group of people.

Crap. I let it be known. Now my favorite bounty hunter will be offensive. I done did it now.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Amy Schumer, the real live action figure, has grown up, it seems, and makes this silly comedy over the doll being played out here even sillier.

Comedian Amy Schumer may be one of Hollywood's hottest commodities right now, but her brand of saucy comedy — namely, a raunchy Star Wars parody photo spread in GQ — has caused a major disturbance in The Force.
Promoting its new comedy issue this week, the high-profile American men's magazine hailed the Emmy-nominated Inside Amy Schumer star as "the funniest woman in the galaxy" and featured her on its cover in a sexually suggestive shot with Star Wars android C3PO.

Accompanying its feature article with Schumer, the magazine also boasts a suggestive and silly photo spread of her with additional costumed Star Wars characters and props, including Chewbacca, R2D2 and storm troopers.

Enjoy the pics in the link.

Warning, may not be safe for little children and ardent Star Wars fans to view.

www.cbc.ca...
edit on 17/7/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join