It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-abortion crusader: God is punishing nonbelievers by sending annoying ‘weather patterns’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Anti-abortion activist Troy Newman of Operation Rescue warned recently that God was sending subtle “weather patterns” to punish nonbelievers.

While speaking to the Crosstalk radio program, Newman explained to a caller that God’s punishment for abortion might not come in the form of “some sort of cataclysmic judgment, like the Flood.”

Instead, he predicted that it would come “one step at a time, one small step until the people groan so heavily and they return back to God and then they’re slowly restored.”

Iv'e always wondered why that when God sends down his wrath; why doesn't he just target the sinners instead of everyone under his dominion.
It just doesn't seem fair that the righteous should suffer along with the unclean ones.

According to Newman, “it’s easier to be a homosexual in this country than it is to be a Christian.”

“You’re a protected class there while we’re a minority,” the anti-abortion crusader opined. “I just think that at some point, people, this country’s going to have to hit the reset button.”

annoy the sinners....??

Didn't we just push the reset button to allow gays to have the same benefits and freedoms as the rest of us.
edit on 14-7-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Iv'e always wondered why that when God sends down his wrath; why doesn't he just target the sinners instead of everyone under his dominion.
It just doesn't seem fair that the righteous should suffer along with the unclean ones.

Humans are humans.....Love thy brother and sister, we are to WORK TOGETHER to fix whatever problems we have....If we don't then in the eyes of the Lord we are not doing what we were sent here to do....(in my opinion)

Just imagine what we could achieve without money or titles or anything like that....ALL EQUALS, each person could offer input on something out there to improve an idea or an invention or anything! We would be leaps and bounds ahead of where we are today! If you are a "regular Joe Schmo" with no power, your say means nothing to anyone...You could have the greatest idea ever and without the means to turn it into something, you rot away with your talents along with you...

It is sad that we have fake money and power rule all else, knowledge is what is key and together (EVERYONE - yes all over the world EVERYONE) would be able to achieve greatness....We wouldn't need money if we all worked together to make this place better for all!

We wouldn't need jobs, or money....Everyone helps each other create everything....This place would be so much better! But no, let's have everyone slave their lives away with no say in anything, no progress other than the rich and powerful (most are stupid and born into the position) and we are at the fingertips of these people....It just saddens me

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Wait, so it's not man made climate change, it's god made climate change? That explains everything! Why didn't I think of that?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
His followers will pray: "Rain rain go away, come again without the gay".

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Wait, so it's not man made climate change, it's god made climate change? That explains everything! Why didn't I think of that?

Iv'e always thought it odd when a tornado destroys a church. You would think the faithful would be spared like Noah and Lot. Of course Lot's wife didn't make out to good in the long run.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Always remember. God loves everyone equally. We are all equally condemned to die from the actions of a few.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Pro-abortion folks have already sealed their fates, if you believe in that sort of thing.

The weather disasters are because we've bombed ISIS.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
So thats why 8,000 people died in Galveston in 1900. I always wondered. I guess these days abortions are much less common ......

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
double post
edit on 14-7-2015 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
if "god" is going to punish anyone, it would be the tons of people who make assumptions on what god says, or how god thinks of other people. Its called religious psychosis.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sanitizedinfo
if "god" is going to punish anyone, it would be the tons of people who make assumptions on what god says, or how god thinks of other people. Its called religious psychosis.

Or spiritual Arrogance. We seem to be experiencing an epidemic on ATS lately.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sanitizedinfo

It's the height of human arrogance to make presumptions and assumptions of what a force, (not being, force) capable of creating the universe in all of it's infinite complexity thinks.

It would be like an atom of your body presuming to know what the poll numbers in an election are at a national level.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

According to Newman, “it’s easier to be a homosexual in this country than it is to be a Christian.”

“You’re a protected class there while we’re a minority,” the anti-abortion crusader opined. “I just think that at some point, people, this country’s going to have to hit the reset button.”

Wait...What!? When did Christians become a minority!? What parallel universe is this guy living in?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

If or when this world falls, it will not be because of gays and abortions, that's almost entirely certain now. I mean this is the 21st century and all. On the contrary, studies show that ever since abortion was legalised in US in the seventies, fewer kids were doomed to grow up with uneducated, poor, single mothers living in tough neighbourhoods surrounded by all sorts of crime, and the effect that had on crime statistics in the 90's alone is quite an eyeopener. A whole generation of criminals disappeared from the streets of NY and other cities and states where abortion was made legal about 18-20 years earlier. (source: «Freakonomics», everyone should read it)

And gays? What could they possibly do wrong? Wear too much pink?
edit on 14-7-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: source

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Iv'e always thought it odd when a tornado destroys a church. You would think the faithful would be spared like Noah and Lot. Of course Lot's wife didn't make out to good in the long run.

speaking of Noah....why did god kill all the animals but 2 ?.........all the rest of the animals were sinful except for those 2 ???....god couldn't figure out how to get rid of just the sinful humans?...he didn't have that intellectual arrow in his quiver? and all the children of the people were sinful as well???.....when a simple human can have more empathy than god, why do the religious think so highly of him?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: olaru12

speaking of Noah....why did god kill all the animals but 2 ?.........all the rest of the animals were sinful except for those 2 ???....god couldn't figure out how to get rid of just the sinful humans?...he didn't have that intellectual arrow in his quiver? and all the children of the people were sinful as well???.....when a simple human can have more empathy than god, why do the religious think so highly of him?

strange god..

This is my second of three sermons on the strange God of the Bible. By strange I am referring to God as other. By other I mean other than our culture, other than our psychology, other than our politics, and other than our theology. What I am being cautious about is becoming overly familiar with God. As I said last week, every time I think I have God figured out, something presents itself that jars or even shatters my certainty.

In this sermon series I want to lay out, as best I can, how God in Jesus Christ gives us deep confidence toward the one God of the universe who is simultaneously both part of us and other than us. This is a paradox – God being part of us and other than us. This is what makes the Gospel difficult to grasp. That is why I requested this opportunity to preach for three straight Sundays to establish some building blocks for understanding this paradox which is at the heart of the Christian Gospel.

the "reactors" who justify their feelings by saying "god says this" and therefor "this" must happen are the paradox this pastor i think is reffering to.

Many religious people are devout good people, but make a simple socialy conversant mistake of saying the Bible was/is Gods word. Not that it is not Gods word, just that statement when used to justify hatred for other cultures or ways of life is when it becomes a tool for fascist ideology or preset fears based on upbringing. Thats where i become concerned and start looking for massive trojan horses at the gates...so to speak.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Must be some wicked abortions going on in Hawaii!

www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It doesn't say much about all of them tornadoes in the "bible belt."

Or maybe god is telling them your preaching the wrong messages.

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
At the same time punishing "believers". Seems legit. Looks like God full of love cough cough

new topics

top topics

join