It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propaganda and/or Fake-News ... Does It Work?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Twitter shares surged this morning as traders rapidly spread a report from "Bloomberg" that "Twitter Attracts Suitors." However, in Avon-esque manner, the story is completely fake, via a website whose doman 'bloomberg.market' was created just 4 days ago. Prices then fell back.

So to be clear: with the stock trading around $35,

someone bought around 400 lots (400,000 shares worth) of $37 strike calls that expire in 3 days (at a cost between 21c and 30c) which were all dumped into the ramp today at between $1 and $2)!

Stock Pumps & Dumps After Fake 'Bloomberg' Report

-
OPINION: (and/or a sensory-overload of WOW!)

It used to be ... Who has the ... :

1. Most-Bucks.

2. Most-Bucks and Fastest-HFT Computer.

NOW?

3. Most-Bucks, Fastest-HFT-Computer and Propaganda-Website(s).

-
OBSERVATION:

The Alphabet-Agencies MIGHT be so BUSY, things easily fall thru the cracks.

( or what are the chances these manipulators will be caught? )

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Is there such a thing as news that ISN'T propaganda or fake?

If so, it's "news" to me...

The mainstream media appears to serve multiple functions. First, to distribute information that the controlling cabal wants you to believe is real news. Secondly, to assist in the cover-up of information that has leaked out through other sources. In other words, Damage Control. Thirdly, as a weapon to assassinate the characters of those who expose the practices of the Establishment. Also, to act as a firewall to prevent information detrimental to the elite's control from reaching the public. Finally, to continue to reinforce mainstream accounts of current and historical events. The mainstream news essentially serves as a primary tool for social conditioning or mind-control.

"It is through the press and the media that the lie is penetrating through to the masses," declared Professor Marrs. The media is used as a weapon. So when you watch, read, or listen to mainstream news, ask yourself, "what will the CFR like me to believe today?"

Centralized Control of History, Media, and Academia

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Just look at Russia to answer that.

So I would say...yes it does.
edit on 14-7-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Just look at the Rothschilds to see it works, but not all the time. It's the ultimate gamble isn't it?

Also we all believe what we are told by the various news sources, well maybe not all, but enough to keep the money people where they are, in control.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media is a 1988 non-fictionbook co-written by Edward S. Herman and Noam Chomsky, wherein the authors argue that the mass media of the United States "are effective and powerful ideological institutions that carry out a system-supportive propaganda function by reliance on market forces, internalized assumptions, andself-censorship, and without overt coercion".[1]

en.m.wikipedia.org...:_Noam_Chomsky_and_the_Media

a reply to: Murgatroid

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Why look there when we have Fox news and all its related ilk?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

yes.. just ask RT
/

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

The difference is those outlets can say disparaging words about the president and be okay...Russia doesn't allow that, so in the respect of propaganda, they aren't even close.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: fshrrex
Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media is a 1988 non-fictionbook co-written by Edward S. Herman and Noam Chomsky, wherein the authors argue that the mass media of the United States "are effective and powerful ideological institutions that carry out a system-supportive propaganda function by reliance on market forces, internalized assumptions, andself-censorship, and without overt coercion".[1]

en.m.wikipedia.org...:_Noam_Chomsky_and_the_Media

a reply to: Murgatroid

do you think that people on the right would read Chomsky or Herman?....c'mon....but, I'll give you an E for effort.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

A wise man watches and reads the two opposing extremes to get a fair understanding of the majority in the middle.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

yes

.. stupidification will continue.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Fastest-HFT Computer.

From my understanding High Frequency Trading relies more on the location and communication network than the actual computers used. Do you agree?

Also, I don't see how HFT really is affected by false news stories because the leverage in HFT is the speed in which they make market transactions. Do you agree?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Then why it is that Fox News tends to tell you the sly tricks of the administration among other news stories that the MSM ignores, downplays or tells you little about? I guess you can't believe that all of the other major news orgs could possible lie and that Fox is truly the fox in the henhouse?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Unless its a republican administration, right? You can cherish your corporate news source all you want. CNN, MSNBC, BBC, RT, you name it and they both lie and suck. Right wing propaganda is the worst and most shared by there followers, just click recent posts and open your eyes.

edit: Does propaganda work? ask nazi Germany, or the last 100 year war on drugs, or ask the Japanese while they were interned during WWII, or the public perception and the treatment of the Native Americans in the 1800's, are you a birther?
edit on 14-7-2015 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The lowest stage is dividing people into ideological groups that either believe or reject the message. After that you set about contradicting the messages within those groups to cause confusion and break down the foundation of their bias then move within the vacuum without resistance.

Orwell defined it as holding 2 diametrically opposing ideas and simultaneously believing in the validity of both. That is the most effective level to operate at because it's impossible to resist something when you have no anchor for discernment.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...

a reply to: OmegaVice

Good book! Read Lewis and Erdelman for Wall St. & Banking
edit on 15-7-2015 by fshrrex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fshrrex
That is definitely a great book, one of the few I purchased the day it was released. It was especially cool because I had just finished a short term job with a fiber optic company.
I am not familiar with Erdelman, just googled it and couldn't find any relevant links. Could you provide some?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Of course it does. I'm sure there are many social media tests done similar to that one. Conspiracy wise some say that goes back to the beginning of big banking. Another question should be is why are people so conditioned to follow in tow the lines they are given by propaganda such as with partisan politics?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If you're not sure if propaganda and fake news works, take a look at the history of Germany in the 1930's.

FOX NEWS and the far right machine of the Church make Goebbels look like he was barely getting started.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OmegaVice

After I posted "Erdelman" I began to doubt my memory. Thus, my googles came up empty.
I wish I remember the name correctly...he wrote several dam good fictionalized accounts of major financial scandals & headliners. He once was with the BIS or some other big bank
and was "thrown-out"/banned from the banking industry...so he wrote FICTION. One of the books was about the Oil Crisis in the 70's.
edit on 16-7-2015 by fshrrex because: typos

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join