It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy Is Healed From Being Gay In Church And It's Party Time!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Whether he was cured or not.... those people are crayzeee.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Hahahaha I've seen this! Must have been on liveleak also.

Yes, most churches are like this, this is just a bunch of actors putting on a show for the camera.

I like how the supposed gay guy felt the need to state that he "won't carry a purse anymore or put on makeup anymore" as if all gay guys wear makeup and carry purses???? Gimme a break, a lame portrayal at best.

This is nothing more than a display of good old-fashioned voodoo. All the big churches are like this.

Edit: Did anyone else spot the Mad Hatter in the audience? If we look closely we can probably see Alice and the White Rabbit somewhere in there too!
edit on 15715 by symphonyofblase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
Is that real?

I mean - not the situation - thats utter crap, but does that really happen in "churches" ?

If so, thats some surreal stuff right there - what on earth do they put in the water?

It ain't water man, it's "Jesus Juice"!!!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I've seen it 100 times but the women women women hubalubhadaubhalhaskldja will always get me.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

I like how the supposed gay guy felt the need to state that he "won't carry a purse anymore or put on makeup anymore" as if all gay guys wear makeup and carry purses???? Gimme a break, a lame portrayal at best.

This is nothing more than a display of good old-fashioned voodoo. All the big churches are like this.

I don't deny that bad actors (phoney people) are a big part of church, but there are defiantly some carry a purse and wear make up gays out there. Maybe they are closeted trans gender and scared to go beyond labeling themselves gay, but there is some possibility an extremely feminine gay guy got beaten with a bible, most likely by his grandmother lol.
edit on 07am10am312015-07-16T10:09:05-05:0010America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Even if it is scripted, it's a huge back fire against the "being gay is a choice" argument, he may have chosen to be straight, but it's obvious to anyone who watches it he is still gay to his bone marrow.

I like the music though.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Not all are closeted Transgender, some like me are Genderfluid... but yes we are out there, it's a stereotype that people call on sometimes but not every Gay Man is effeminate, and some are

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Not all are closeted Transgender, some like me are Genderfluid... but yes we are out there, it's a stereotype that people call on sometimes but not every Gay Man is effeminate, and some are

Right gender fluid.

It can be a fun stereotype to joke about though. I understand why comedians would play off of that trope, it offers a lot of freedom. Some diva types are honestly hilarious. No f's given. They should defiantly have their spot in the comedy world.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yes Genderfluid...

I understand how it could be a comedic trope... but that's who and what i am, i don't want to be seen as a Joke

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Yes Genderfluid...

I understand how it could be a comedic trope... but that's who and what i am, i don't want to be seen as a Joke

I don't see why not. Do you enjoy any comedy? As far as I can tell most jokes have people at the other end. I don't favor being cruel and directly putting people on blast, but generalized jokes are fine. Everyone gets targeted, Laughter would die if every group got a comedic anti-targeting card.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If you haven't seen it yet watch Sarah Silverman Vs Guy Aoki. I may be an ass, but I think Guy comes across as the more ridiculous of the two.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with "PC" or not. yes i like Comedy, yes i understand that Comedians use the Stereotypes and Generalizations of People to be Funnier.

But that doesn't mean Me being Genderfluid, Effeminate, Flamboyant Drag Queen etc is a Joke in real Life. i don't want to be seen as a "caricature'

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

That was a VERY interesting discussion! I think each person had really valid points, but Aoki is really hyper sensitive to the way the word was used by Sarah. It's not like she called someone a racial slur.

I remember in the 70s and 80s there were all kinds of jokes about races (including whites), gay people and religious people and everyone just kind of took it in stride. It's one thing for a stand-up comedian to tell a joke and quite another to call someone something in anger or disrespect. But now, every person has a "reason to be offended".

I would have to stick with Bill Maher's opinions here. There's a difference between saying something racist and talking about race.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Right, and to clarify, i'm not saying i get offended when Comedians may use Stereotypical tropes for Comedy. i'm saying when it carries outside 'Comedy' into "Real Life" and now we become 'caricature's' or not taken as serious just because we fall under said 'Comedic tropes'

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with "PC" or not. yes i like Comedy, yes i understand that Comedians use the Stereotypes and Generalizations of People to be Funnier.

But that doesn't mean Me being Genderfluid, Effeminate, Flamboyant Drag Queen etc is a Joke in real Life. i don't want to be seen as a "caricature'

Everyone is made into caricatures. What I don't get is why people like Guy Aoki hear jokes and instantly link them to the worst thing that ever happened. A stupid joke about avoiding jury duty with soft racism and a smile isn't calling for camps.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Right, and to clarify, i'm not saying i get offended when Comedians may use Stereotypical tropes for Comedy. i'm saying when it carries outside 'Comedy' into "Real Life" and now we become 'caricature's' or not taken as serious just because we fall under said 'Comedic tropes'

What if the intention is a joke though? What separates the comedians joke from the person you may encounter in life?

If we where standing in a lobby together while you are dressed in all your gender fluid gear, I wouldn't laugh. if a comedian appeared on TV while we stood in that lobby, and he made a funny joke about gender fluid people, I might not be able to help it.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Right, i'm not talking about the Joke though...if it was funny enough i would probably laugh too

i'm talking about maybe the person in the Lobby laughing at me because i fit into that "Joke Stereotype" or thinking that all people are like that and don't see the person for the person.. does that make sense?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Right, i'm not talking about the Joke though...if it was funny enough i would probably laugh too

i'm talking about maybe the person in the Lobby laughing at me because i fit into that "Joke Stereotype" or thinking that all people are like that and don't see the person for the person.. does that make sense?

You are who you are honey.

You already know this, but you can't help the way you look act and feel any more than I can help the fact that now I'm 41 I look like a total Dad - ordinary, very straight and just 'some person'

Stereotyping gay people is stupid, the effeminate guys may be the easiest ones to spot, but they are just the tip of the unseen iceberg.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I agree...

you are not just some other person, you are you!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I remember this, the saddest part is that people truly believe we can be "Cured"

I think it's sadder they think you need to be.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join