It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Sells Dead Baby Parts

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

Then what was the point of your reaction to my comment? That I shouldn't be bringing right or left into it? The organization that misrepresented itself to try and trap PP is a right-wing group that has been trying to shut down PP for a while now. They've been known to be dishonest in their previous attempts to attack PP.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
don't think I've been participating enough in this thread to create ten different threads ... matter of fact the only thing that remotely goes off course from what you claim is the topic, well is this....
there's one thing I am pretty sure about this is that the fetal cells that are being put into cosmetics are not coming from planned parenthood.. or what is being used to produce food.
and well I think they are far worse than planned parenthood donating them for medical research...
so what is the source for those industries? and well by doing away with planned parenthood would we increase that other source's available supply?

there's such a big uproar about this but well, it is being regulated better than any other source out there I'd wager.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 17-7-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
And my comment wasn't only about you either.

This wasn't directed at me? "And to Benevolent Heretic - I do not know how much more clearly I can say this to you. I AM PRO CHOICE."

And you keep saying that I haven't made my position clear and I keep answering. But I'm not giving you the answer you want apparently, because you keep rewording then asking again. I just don't get it.

I am sorry. I don't want there to be any confusion. You have said you're pro-choice - fine. My question was about your position on this PP tape and PP in general. So I tried to figure out out from some of the things you've said. You clearly don't like PP, even though they help women. You think they are making profit, in the business of selling baby parts. Saying, "My position is the truth and the truth is what it is" doesn't tell me anything.

You are clearly very invested in the subject and want to defend PP at all costs.

I could say that you are clearly very invested in the subject and want to attack PP at all costs. It's called debate... As I've said since I started this discussion with you, we each have our opinions. But opinions aren't facts.

And this isn't even about pro-life and pro-choice (although many have tried to make it that). It's about "Is Planned Parenthood selling baby parts".
edit on 7/17/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: stosh64
a reply to: Grimpachi

Then again the Salvation army isn't selling mutilated babies.

I thought the law said NO PROFIT regarding an aborted fetus?

Now it gets twisted to mean that as long as the profit stays in PP, and maybe fills a gap elsewhere and at the end the books are 'even' its ok.

This thread gives me a headache, and makes me want to vomit.

Bye bye

The salvation army makes a profit. PP makes a profit.

So that means it is legal for NP organizations to sell things for profit.

The problem seems to be that you have misunderstood the law regarding non-profit organizations.

If that causes you distress in some way then maybe the thread isn't for you.

Your right, I must have misunderstood that you cant sell baby parts for profit.

And you are right on your last line, this thread is no longer for me.

Thank you for reminding me, I don't know how I got sucked back into the vortex.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

NO, I do not dislike PP. I neither like or dislike them. They are a business that serves its customers. And I am pro-choice but that doesn't mean I have to defend PP at all costs. I am not that invested in the matter to be honest.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Kali74
Yes, and watched the whole uncut video.

And you're still of the opinion that PP is selling baby parts?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I admit I'm late to this thread. Ugh! Another abortion type thread.

Did anyone cover who exactly the: "The Center for Medical Progress" is?

A little unknown group . . .

The group's head is former Live Action worker David Daleiden, an associate not just of Lila Rose but apparently of James O'Keefe, who's himself a machine for churning out sting videos attacking various liberal organizations and politicians. CMP has a strong whiff of the fly-by-night organization.

www.slate.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

^^^^ This is exactly what I'm talking about. What are you going on about now? Do you even know? Can you possibly stick to the subject matter?

What is the subject matter? I'm not the only one who doesn't understand your position. If we understood better, we wouldn't be making assumptions and asking questions.

If you would just say, "My position is that PP ___________. This video shows _______________." We'd all have a clue about your opinions. You say you don't dislike PP. Basically, what are you arguing about?

What you HAVE said is that you're pro-choice (that's neither here nor there). You've said that PP is "in it for the money". So, is there more?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah, we've been all through that and more...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: Annee

Yeah, we've been all through that and more...

Thanks. Just gonna post this, then be done.

David Daleiden has been trying to destroy Planned Parenthood for nearly his entire life. Yesterday, some thought he succeeded.

Daleiden lists himself as the founder of the California-based Center for Medical Progress (CMP). He is also the man behind the camera in yesterday’s Planned Parenthood sting video, which purportedly showed a Planned Parenthood doctor discussing the sale of fetal body parts until the full video revealed that it was, in fact, a discussion of legal forms of fetal tissue donation.

But Daleiden, who did not respond to comment for this article, is fairly young for his job title.

He is 26 years old, he graduated from Claremont McKenna College a few years ago, and he has been involved with the pro-life movement since he was 15. In that short time, his life has become a veritable who’s who of pro-life extremists and Twitter trolls.

- See more at: newsbusters.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

^^^^ This is exactly what I'm talking about. What are you going on about now? Do you even know? Can you possibly stick to the subject matter?

What is the subject matter? I'm not the only one who doesn't understand your position. If we understood better, we wouldn't be making assumptions and asking questions.

If you would just say, "My position is that PP ___________. This video shows _______________." We'd all have a clue about your opinions. You say you don't dislike PP. Basically, what are you arguing about?

What you HAVE said is that you're pro-choice (that's neither here nor there). You've said that PP is "in it for the money". So, is there more?

I've said repeatedly that I am pro choice.. I've also said I do not believe the video to be a "hoax" the best you can argue is that it is misleading. But what is happening is clear. PP is providing aborted fetal tissue/body parts to the bio med industry - who will pay a modest amount to cover the costs PP incurred for gathering the viable tissue/body parts/fetal cells (whatever name you choose to call it - it means the same thing). This is all done legally. They call it a "donation" so that is okay.

And furthermore, it is my personal opinion that none of this is being done for the purposes of bettering mankind - or for "womens health" or to find cures for deadly diseases. It's all done for money. It's all business.

Have I made myself clear now? I've said this all 20 times already

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Grimpachi

a reply to: Grimpachi

Then again the Salvation army isn't selling mutilated babies.

I thought the law said NO PROFIT regarding an aborted fetus?

Now it gets twisted to mean that as long as the profit stays in PP, and maybe fills a gap elsewhere and at the end the books are 'even' its ok.

This thread gives me a headache, and makes me want to vomit.

Bye bye

The salvation army makes a profit. PP makes a profit.

So that means it is legal for NP organizations to sell things for profit.

The problem seems to be that you have misunderstood the law regarding non-profit organizations.

If that causes you distress in some way then maybe the thread isn't for you.

Excuse me - how have I 'misunderstood'. LOL This gets better all the time. I worked as an accountant for 15 years for a large non profit. But somehow I don't understand the way the law works? It's a wonder I lasted 15 year in an accounting capacity isn't it?

So, did your non-profit make any "profit" that was put back into the services that the organization provides?

They made plenty of profit and spent very little of that on the actual cause. But it was all LEGAL. So, what am I supposed to do?

Personally, I don't really care if PP makes a profit or not. I see no proof that they are doing anything illegal or underhanded. Planned Parenthood has helped a lot of people. Period. Whatever accounting methods you think they may use, doesn't negate the fact they have helped people. That is the most important thing, is it not? That makes them a worthwhile organization, does it not?

storify.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

If it's not being done for "betterment" -- what are the tissues being used for? Ritual sacrifice?

The fact remains that the people that edited the video deceptively claimed that PP was breaking the law and illegally "selling" fetal tissue and organs.

The truth is, they were not doing anything illegal. The video was cleverly edited to lead viewers into believing that PP was breaking the law. They aren't. End of story.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, here we are...53 pages of opinion and information from a plethora of people and sources...and it remains crystal clear to me that Planned Parenthood is absolutely harvesting butchered baby body parts and selling them to third parties...often doing " a little better than break even" (Quoted from Planned Parenthood Federation Senior Director of Medical Services Dr. Deborah Nucatola)...in profiting from those sales.

It IS what it IS...regardless of the "ick factor".
Choose to support and defend it...or be horrified by it.
We all have our right to choose.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

The pharmaceutical/biomed companies are in it for profit. The cures they are seeking are how they make their profit. Have I made myself clear?

I never said they did anything illegal - in fact - I've repeatedly said it's all legal.

But I have also tried to make it clear that I don't believe for one minute any of the players involved give a crap about women or curing diseases (not unless there is a buck or a trillion to be made from these things).

Is this really so hard to understand?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I've also said I do not believe the video to be a "hoax" the best you can argue is that it is misleading. But what is happening is clear. PP is providing aborted fetal tissue/body parts to the bio med industry - who will pay a modest amount to cover the costs PP incurred for gathering the viable tissue/body parts/fetal cells (whatever name you choose to call it - it means the same thing). This is all done legally.

It would seem we mostly agree, then. It's a misleading video (meant to lead people to believe something that isn't true). And what PP is doing is perfectly legal, and as far as I know, ethical. That may be where we differ.

And furthermore, it is my personal opinion that none of this is being done for the purposes of bettering mankind - or for "womens health" or to find cures for deadly diseases. It's all done for money. It's all business.

Have I made myself clear now?

Yes. Thank you. And I still wonder where you disagree with me. You think I am "defending PP at all costs", but I'm ONLY defending the charge that they're selling baby parts for profit. I went to PP many times as a teen and got a lot of help that wouldn't have been available otherwise. I don't have much more of an opinion of them than that. I just hate to see someone accused of something they didn't do.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

PP is providing aborted fetal tissue/body parts to the bio med industry - who will pay a modest amount to cover the costs PP incurred for gathering the viable tissue/body parts/fetal cells (whatever name you choose to call it - it means the same thing). This is all done legally. They call it a "donation" so that is okay.

So, you don't support science that could possibly save a child in the future.

Right, nothing here to better mankind. Sure.

Its all evil and nefarious.

EDIT: had to say it, now out.
edit on 17-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I also went to PP for contraception when I was young. TMI? I think they provide services that women are seeking. I guess I just don't like defending them as doing anything heroic because I think they are a business like any other business. They are not Mother Theresa, ya know?

And I think the whole business of donating body parts is distasteful and that doesn't make it unethical. But I have to wonder what sort of person would participate in these industries? How detached they are from what they are actually doing?

It's an extremely difficult thing to justify in my mind. I guess I am reluctantly pro-choice. I don't like it, but I think it's only my business when it's my body. Is that a little better?

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

There are several people in my family who have had Alzheimers. It worries me that I will get it someday. If someone finds the cure for it, I don't give a crap if they're only in it to make a zillion dollars on their cure - I'll take it and be deliriously happy!

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join