It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Sells Dead Baby Parts

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

it seems like half the employers around now days don't want to pay enough to provide for a family of one, let along a baby!!! heck are they willing to put some pressure on these employers to bring those wages up enough that they are a little closer to being livable?
talk about valuing life?? But how can you value life while proclaiming that what that life is doing for 40 plus hours a day isn't worth the money to keep the person alive?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yes, it is the law right now that a woman's uterus is hers to mind over. I do not challenge that law.
I do find the act of third trimester abortions in the case of a viable and healthy fetus to be abhorrent.

Total agreement with ya on that. I will say, however, as far as I know, third trimester abortions are against the law, except in the most extreme situations where either the fetus has life-threatening abnormalities/defects, or the woman's life is endangered. I agree with that law.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Pfftt.

Progressive don't care about the law. They only enforce the ones they agree with.

Nothing surprising here. Do you think someone who has no problem murdering formed babies would have a problem selling their parts?

Anyone who could watch this and say it is not murder is insane.

You mean like gay MARRAIGE or Obama care, hypocracy much ?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yes, it is the law right now that a woman's uterus is hers to mind over. I do not challenge that law.
I do find the act of third trimester abortions in the case of a viable and healthy fetus to be abhorrent.

Total agreement with ya on that. I will say, however, as far as I know, third trimester abortions are against the law, except in the most extreme situations where either the fetus has life-threatening abnormalities/defects, or the woman's life is endangered. I agree with that law.

Just as an FYI the pro-life movement has rejected ending "late term" abortions multiple times.

The vast majority of Americans are ok with early term abortions. However, just about everyone is against late term abortions without some crazy medical reason.

So if the pro life movement lost the late term abortion taking point they would lose the vast majority of there donations.

Always follow the money. There are very few late term abortions legally preformed. So there isn't much money involved with keeping it legal. However there are 10's of millions of dollars in donations to pro-life groups at stake if they can't use "late term" abortions as an issue.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

It's interesting how this story about PP selling aborted tissue has turned into the subject of Abortion: Right or Wrong? Even John Boner is talking about "nothing is more precious than the life of an unborn child" (blah, blah, blah). Most of this thread is about the topic of abortion, rather than the practice of tissue disposal in the medical industry...

They always have to make it emotional to get support.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There's a good Salon article on this whole video, I'll quote some of the good parts:

As we’ve seen with similar “gotcha!” videos, this one completely misrepresents what Nucatola was discussing, and numerous sites have almost too-easily debunked just about every claim. (Full debunkery here, here, here and here.) It turns out, Nucatola wasn’t discussing the illegal black market sale of fetal organs, but instead the perfectly legal donation of the organs to biomedical research laboratories that use the organs to help save lives.

The price range of the organs described by Nucatola is, in reality, the reimbursed expenses accrued in the delivery of the specimens. (Which makes sense: $30 to $100 is hilariously below the going rate for human organs.) Furthermore, the video was produced by an anti-choice pop-up outfit called the Center for Medical Progress, which not only claimed that this one video required three years of research, but which also has ties to known video fraudster James O’Keefe.

So the video was carefully edited to incite rage and intentionally deceive. Funny, haven't many in this thread been shouting this since page 10 or so? Apparently that doesn't matter though as the article continues:

Clinically speaking, the video is cleverly produced, even though it’s really easy to make abortion sound creepy. That said, it flagrantly exploits the worst and most ignorant aspects of social media: the utter lack of critical viewing, the impulse to rapidly retweet clickbait without reading, and especially the internet’s torch-and-pitchfork mob justice.

Now we have anti-abortionists latching onto this hoax video with fervor, and having no problem destroying the lives of those that may require Planned Parenthood's services. All over a clerverly edited video that distorted the truth. GOP and Republican politicians are lining up now, lapping up the video and calling for an investigation into Planned Parenthood -- all based on a video that is a known hoax:

We seriously have to question whether any of these Republicans have given their bank account information to Nigerian princes with dubious Hotmail email accounts. I hate to be a Debbie Downer, Republicans, but guess what? Professional wrestling is fake and the Easter bunny isn’t real. Sorry.

The sad thing is how terrifying the anti-abortion group can be. Death threats, car bombings, break-ins, threatening emails and stalking.

At this moment, anti-choice extremists are likely fanning out around the internet, collecting damaging information about her; finding out her home address and contact information; discovering whether she has children and where they go to school; planning rallies outside her house; or worse.

What the Planned Parenthood hoax really proves: Right-wing extremists have no qualms about destroying peoples' lives

Remember, killing babies is wrong, but destroying people's lives is OK. The ends justify the means I guess as one is morally superior to the other.

It's a pertinent article, and it's clear that now that cooler heads have prevailed that this entire controversy was nothing more than political troll-bait to serve the GOP and Republican party agenda.
edit on 16-7-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

it seems like half the employers around now days don't want to pay enough to provide for a family of one, let along a baby!!! heck are they willing to put some pressure on these employers to bring those wages up enough that they are a little closer to being livable?
talk about valuing life?? But how can you value life while proclaiming that what that life is doing for 40 plus hours a day isn't worth the money to keep the person alive?

That's the normal right wing garbage. Want to spend millions to throw people in jail for ending a pregnancy, but act like it's insane to help the parents pay for the kid once it's here.

Also then they want to act like your a horrible parent when you spend 60 hours a week working to barely pay the bills so you don't have as much time to do any actual parenting.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I think poor women are disenfranchised, whether they be "white trash", "welfare whores", "Illegal anchor baby mamas"........you get the picture! Therefore, the higher stats reflect the desperation of the disenfranchised.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

"Killing babies" is only wrong sometimes for these zealots ... they have special circumstances under which, suddenly, "murder" is no longer murder. The fact that they feel they have the right to decide the life and death of "human children" chills me to the bone.

One wonders, will we see any response from the cavalcade of anti-abortion zealots apologizing for their remarks based on a lie? Or for doing their part to perpetuate that lie? Or for any of the horrible things said to members in this thread who were simply trying to speak to reason rather than fear-mongering?

Will we ever have an answer to how Planned Parenthood is conducting Black genocide?

Will we ever have an answer to why the 50% of fertilized eggs, wait I'm sorry, human beings that are naturally aborted didn't make the cut in their god's eyes? Why would their god do such a thing?

I wonder.
edit on 11Thu, 16 Jul 2015 11:54:24 -050015p112015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
That DailyBeast doesn't say it's a fraud, it just says that this abhorrent behavior is legal so therefore we shouldn't be outraged at Planned ParentHood collecting body parts.

"But although Nucatola’s comments raise questions about the acquisition of fetal tissue and the ethical issues surrounding its collection, the transfer of human fetal tissue is not illegal in the United States. Women undergoing abortions sometimes choose to donate fetal tissue for scientific research and abortion providers do not facilitate these donations without their explicit consent."

So selling dead baby parts is cool now since it's legal. Legal and illegal does not define moral or immoral; unless maybe you live in Mussolini's Italy.

But let's get real, Planned Parenthood's foundation is in white supremecism, eugenics, and subversive genocide; so really are we shocked they collect and distribute dead baby parts?

We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population, and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.

- Margaret Sanger,founder of Planned Parenthood on Promoting abortion to African Americans

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

The fact that the 7-9 minute video was edited down from well-over an hour doesn't speak to fraud to you? That comments were taken COMPLETELY out of context to make it seem like someone was saying something they weren't?

The fact that if tissue was not used for research it would merely be destroyed doesn't get through to you?

The fact that the quote that you've listed is merely saying that importance of the real message (birth control) should not be lost in false accusations of attempted genocide (jumped to by more rebellious members of the community) and that Black ministers could be helpful in the education effort (to show that birth control is important) ... doesn't deter you at all from trying to twist it into racism/white supremacy/etc.?

The fact that 90% of all quotes attributed to Sanger are proven to be false attributions? That doesn't bother you?

Wait a minute ... *smacks head* ... of course the truth doesn't matter to a zealot.

Carry on.

edit on 12Thu, 16 Jul 2015 12:05:55 -050015p122015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Before every one jumps to aww its just a hoax watch it.

find out for your self instead of just being spoon fed bites from your political news source of your choice.

unedited version

2.5 hrs

If you wont watch it your self you cant call it a hoax .

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lostinthedarkness
If you wont watch it your self you cant call it a hoax .

I did and I do.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The edited version was not taken out of context at all . How can that be a hoax?

To sit and talk about abortion and explain methods to get a viable specimen and it would should have pricing schedule for specimens.

It follow the 8 min clip.

I totally dis agree with you so much I am wondering if we watched the same clip.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

I listened to the long video and read the transcript. She talked about women DONATING tissue and the fees going for storage, transport and other administrative costs.

Read
edit on 7/16/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Sure ... you can cut down anything to a fraction of it's real size ... it means the same thing, right?

The Constitution:

"Breach of the Peace, be privileged from Arrest during their Attendance at the Session of their respective Houses, and in going to and returning from the same; and for any Speech or"

The Declaration:

"undation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experie"

The Bible:

"Lord brings death and makes alive;
he brings down to the grave and raises up.
7 The Lord sends poverty and wealth;
he humbles and he exalts.
8 He raises the poor from the"

... because a small part of something means the same thing as the ENTIRE thing, right?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Now we have anti-abortionists latching onto this hoax video with fervor, and having no problem destroying the lives of those that may require Planned Parenthood's services. All over a clerverly edited video that distorted the truth.

The sad thing is how terrifying the anti-abortion group can be. Death threats, car bombings, break-ins, threatening emails and stalking.

LOL!!

There's an oxymoron some where there....

Anti abortion? = Pro Life? and yet they sending Death threats,

car bombing break-ins, stalking .... Not exactly a peaceful crowd!!!

So unlike the Pro choice

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Yes I watched it and just as I suspected. She tells them planned parenthood does not provide donor tissue. And said it was a decision made by their legal department then mentions ethical reasons. Then are fake doctors ask her is their othe. Locations that do and she said yes. Then they start discussing about how they would suggest these doctors get with the clinics to tell them what they need.

So time to move this to hoax bin because the edited video left out some very important facts thanks for posting this now I know I was right. And I truly hope planned parenthood sues the crap out of the organization that made the video. Because I think if you have to lie to promote your cause you deserve it.

I know people want to rely on emotion here but if this was any other topic and we see the video and know they edited it we would automatically discount anything that group said. By the way late term abortions are already restricted to only medical. And. I'm the video they were talking they needed functioning organs. This means late term abortions so if the woman decides to donate the baby to science because medically there were complications sort of takes the wind out of the sails doesn't it. We have a baby that couldn't have survived being donated to science.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Not sure if any of you have seen this yet but you might want to read this short article that seems to make a little more sense of what is going on in the video.. this is very reminiscent of the breitbart piece where they made it look like some acorn workers were involved in prostitution, which was clearly debunked.. anyways here are a few of the points listed in the piece.. by the way I actually joined ats today just so i could weigh in on this one as it is a perfect example of how easily c people can get wound up about something before they have a chance to hear both sides of the story.. In fairness to all myself included I would not just read the bullet points I would visit the article before responding to my post.. thx happy to be a part of the ats crew..

www.addictinginfo.org...

1. Nowhere does anyone from Planned Parenthood discuss “selling” fetal tissue.

Even the heavily edited video from extreme anti-abortion activists doesn’t show this or make this accusation. It simply doesn’t happen. On the video, the Planned Parenthood staff member talks about standard reimbursement fees for costs associated with tissue donation programs, which every health care provider has and which the federal law provides for.

2. Planned Parenthood helps patients who wish to donate fetal tissue, just like other health care providers do.

Some Planned Parenthood affiliates have programs for women and families who want to donate tissue to leading research institutions that will use it to help find treatment and cures for diseases like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
These programs are just like any other high-quality health care provider’s — they follow all ethics and laws, patients consent fully, and nobody benefits financially.

3. The people who launched this campaign have a track record of making totally false claims.

The person leading this campaign used to be a senior staff member at Live Action, which for seven years has made false claims that have been widely discredited by journalists and independent organizations; Forbes Magazine noted that their claims about Planned Parenthood “fall apart upon close inspection.”

4. The fact that far-right, anti-abortion politicians are latching onto this doesn’t make it any more credible or real.

GOP politicians remain in a race to prove who can be the worst on women’s health, and this story is no exception.
Whether it’s Carly Fiorina’s social media page or Bobby Jindal’s sham “investigation,” none of the partisan attempts to make this a real story change the fact that it’s a highly edited video from anti-abortion activists who have made false charges for years, now making claims with no basis in reality and no evidence to back them up.

5. The full, 2.5-hour video shows selective editing that twists and distorts what was said on the tape.

Late in the day, the Live Action-offshoot group released a longer video. It shows that the Planned Parenthood staffer was talking in the context of stem cell research, and was talking about standard reimbursement rates for costs associated with tissue donation — all of which was edited to change the meaning. The 2.5-hour video also shows that the Planned Parenthood staffer’s discussion of brain stem tissue that can help researchers study brain tumors and spinal chord injuries was distorted by editing to make it appear that she was talking about trafficking body parts, which she clearly wasn’t.”

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I have met people that are pro-life that do not threaten others at all, in fact, they are against the death penalty.
So I believe that just because some pro-life bombed an abortion clinic, that doesn't mean that all of them do.
I would bet that it is less than one percent that are killers.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join