It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Sells Dead Baby Parts

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It's a deceptively edited video just like the ACORN videos and with the same goal, to de-fund an agency that Conservatives don't like that receives federal dollars.

And so coincidentally the think tank responsible for the video, The Center for Medical Progress (that's right, it's not an actual medical group but an anti-choice think tank)... the leader of that group is friends with James O'Keefe and Chuck C. Johnson (another well funded troll).

Pretty good debunking of the video here at Little Green Footballs

More to think about at Snopes.

And Media Matters got a hold of the full transcript of the video, points out the selective editing, and quotes major pieces of footage that naturally got edited to fit the anti-choice narrative that Planned Parenthood is monstrous.

At Least 3 Major Edits To The Video Undermine The Deceptive Attack

Unedited Transcript: "Nobody Should Be 'Selling' Tissue. That's Just Not The Goal Here." The Center for Medical Progress also released a full transcript and longer version of the video with Dr. Nucatola -- featuring more than 150 minutes of additional footage -- which include crucial portions that were edited out. In one case, Nucatola says, "no affiliate should be doing anything that's not like, reasonable and customary. This is not- nobody should be 'selling' tissue. That's just not the goal here." From the Center for Medical Progress' transcript (emphasis added):

Buyer [ACTOR]: Ok. I'm just trying to brainstorm. Because, I think offering some people, not only, just offsetting their cost in other areas, seeing the potential for that, besides the potential, for the patient, I'm still going down that road, even though I know, I understand what you're saying. This cannot be seen as, "We're doing this for profit."

PP [NUCATOLA]: No. Nothing, no affiliate should be doing anything that's not like, reasonable and customary. This is not- nobody should be "selling" tissue. That's just not the goal here.

Buyer [ACTOR]: Right. And, I never see that as, I don't look at it that way, we're not selling tissue, we're selling the possibility of what the research can offer. [The Center for Medical Progress, 7/14/15]

Media Matters

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

a reply to: tigertatzen

So they lied about it?

What do you know? I told you what they told the rest of us. If you prefer to make yourself feel better about it by accusing me (or them) of lying ... whatever. At most, I got the wrong number of weeks, and it was older, but it wasn't 20 or 21 weeks. I do know that. She hadn't been pregnant for long.

No, actually I think it is you who lied about it the same way you do about most every other topic, making up silly fiction to try and support your uninformed bias. You really should learn to quit while you're ahead...or do a bit better research before you invent fairy tales to make sure your lies don't come across as being too obvious.

What do you know?

I know that either you or your alleged friend are lying, and without any particular skill or finesse at that. If a fetus had survived out of the womb at any point before 21 weeks, it would have made medical history...journals would have been authored about this miracle fetus who lived for hours outside of its mother's body. It is pure, unmitigated garbage, and I am not the only one to call you out on it. If you don't like people pointing out your attempts at deceit, stop making things up out of thin air. It's pretty simple.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freenrgy2
a reply to: EternalSolace

Oh for crying out loud.....the babies were unwanted?????? How many potential parents who want to adopt a child would consider those babies as unwanted?

Your sick logic makes me want to puke.

And my sarcastic comment sailed over your head. Don't worry, I miss sarcasm sometimes too. Happens to the best of us.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
For those of you claiming abortion after 20 weeks is rare.

The Congressional Budget Offices says there are about 30 late term abortions per day in the US.
That is over 10,000 per year.

cnsnews.com...

The CBO did their calculations to figure out if Medicare spent more money on abortion past 20 weeks or more money long on on the children born. They ended up saying it was a cost savings to Medicare to abort even beyond 20 weeks.

That is certainly far more than I expected from everyone's claim of rarity.
I can't imagine that 10,000 women per year would die if they did not abort their 20+ week old fetus.

Please remember that a 20+ year old fetus
feels pain like you and me
can taste
can smell
can self sooth and self stimulate
has a sleep/wake cycle and has dreaming brain waves that are like those in adults.

Now, remember these abortions are done
with out giving the fetus any pain medication
or anesthesia of any kind,
frequently the fetus is dismembered alive
and aware of what is happening (they are being cut up alive).

This is humane?
To the mother as many here claim.
But inhumane and ghoulish to the fetus.

What animal would you approve of being cut up alive
being dismembered alive
to sell the parts?
Even slaughter houses don't do that.
But many here argue it is ok to do it to humans.

Here is a 16 week "blob of tissue"
a 3D sonogram

Here is a 20 week "blob of tissue"
a 3D sonogram

Remember 20 weeks is when this blob of tissue
feels pain and is aware if it is dismembered alive
piece by piece.
a 3D sonogram

Here is a 24 week "blob of tissue"
a 3D sonogram

Where are their rights not to be torn
limb from limb alive and in pain?
Where are their rights not to have
their brains sucked out alive and in pain?
Where are their rights not to have
their heads bashed in alive and in pain?
Where are their rights not to be harvested
like a weed, as one poster called them?

edit on 2Wed, 15 Jul 2015 14:43:15 -0500pm71507pmk153 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

It sort of already is underground. Real hospitals don't preform abortions, their oath to preserve life gets in the way.

Oh poppycock. "Real" hospitals perform abortions too...and hospitals don't take an "oath". Physicians do, and it is "to do no harm". If a woman needs an emergent abortion, those physicians will do it because they'd be violating that oath to refuse. If they stood back and did nothing to intervene in a life-threatening situation, they'd be allowing harm to come to that patient.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: pyramid head

Uneducated comment? That's a hoot!

You don't appreciate having your specious historical comments corrected? Look up that wiki page you're so fond of.

You didn't appreciate having your poor grammar corrected? Type it into a word processor before you post.

Based on your posts, the only things you've "researched" about Sanger is what you've read on right-wing propaganda sites.

You got schooled on a few basic points, and now you're doubling down on the personal commentary.

I will certainly agree with you that the chance of an intelligent conversation is unlikely here, as your posts are so immersed in arrogant ignorance, there's really no where to go.

Instead of silly personal attacks because you got your feelings hurt by having your mistakes pointed out, make an argument and leave the crap to the side.

Or not. /shrug

Ok, I'll bite, please explain how your "historical correction" is relevant to my post.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Well considering there were 730,322 legal abortions in 2011 alone, 10,000 late term abortions DOES make it rare. That is unless you consider 1.37% to be a common occurrence.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

(post by tanstaafl removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well considering there were 730,322 legal abortions in 2011 alone, 10,000 late term abortions DOES make it rare. That is unless you consider 1.37% to be a common occurrence.

Sorry I don't consider over 10,000 per year dismembered alive and in pain to be a small or insignificant number.

I don't consider "harvesting" the blobs of tissue that look like what is in my post to be anything close to humane.

Take a good look at these pictures and tell me that 10,000 of them per year being dismembered alive or having their brains bashed in alive or having their brains sucked out alive - with no pain medications at all - to be humane in any way shape or form. This is what liberals believe to be a good thing for society?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Congress Will Investigate Planned Parenthood for Selling Body Parts of Aborted Babies

www.lifenews.com...

Speaker John Boehner announced today that committees in the House of Representatives will take a look at the Planned Parenthood abortion business after a shocking new expose’ video that caught Planned Parenthood’s top doctor describing how the abortion business sells the body parts of aborted babies.

Now, Speaker John Boehner says the House of Representatives will look into the “grisly” practice at Planned Parenthood. Boehner issued the following statement on the video released yesterday documenting the grisly practices embraced by Planned Parenthood.

“Nothing is more precious than life, especially an unborn child. When anyone diminishes an unborn child, we are all hurt, irreversibly so. When an organization monetizes an unborn child – and with the cavalier attitude portrayed in this horrific video – we must all act. As a start, I have asked our relevant committees to look into this matter. I am also calling on President Obama and Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell to denounce, and stop, these gruesome practices.”

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Puhlease. Semantics.

How much does she make?

PP wouldn't be able to open it's door if someone wasn't profiting. I rate this kind of "nonprofit" the same as the Komen Foundation....simply preying on women and their health and fears. A non-stop plea for funding using emotion and scare tactics.

It's straight up ghoulish but couched in PC justifications.

They make enough to cover costs without profit. That is a non profit.

That is some assumption you make there.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Whose advocating racial genocide? More projected hyperbole, on your part!

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm not going to partake in your appeal to emotion fallacy by looking at your pictures. I try to keep myself emotionally detached from my arguments, it helps me analyze things better.

The simple fact is that, yes 10,000 looks like a large number in a vacuum, but compared to all the other abortions taking place in the country it is really a very small number. Though you did do a good job of utilizing a propaganda technique. Displaying a quantity in a vacuum and not compared to other, similar quantities or as a percentage. It's like displaying an increase in a quantity as a percentage increase instead of an actual number. It hides the meaning of the numbers and is a popular way that people lie with statistics.

I don't particularly like late term abortions, but you are being intellectually dishonest by trying to say that we have a problem of women seeking them out when in reality, only 1% of women actually get them.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

And as far as complex thinking, fear and pain are more basic than that.

BS! Fear is a mental and psychological reaction, based on previous experience, that projects memory to a expectation of a future event. A fetus is incapable of any of that.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Investigate what? PP is not selling tissue or parts.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm not going to partake in your appeal to emotion fallacy by looking at your pictures. I try to keep myself emotionally detached from my arguments, it helps me analyze things better.

The simple fact is that, yes 10,000 looks like a large number in a vacuum, but compared to all the other abortions taking place in the country it is really a very small number. Though you did do a good job of utilizing a propaganda technique. Displaying a quantity in a vacuum and not compared to other, similar quantities or as a percentage. It's like displaying an increase in a quantity as a percentage increase instead of an actual number. It hides the meaning of the numbers and is a popular way that people lie with statistics.

I don't particularly like late term abortions, but you are being intellectually dishonest by trying to say that we have a problem of women seeking them out when in reality, only 1% of women actually get them.

Then is 238 black people being killed by police each year statistically insignificant?

If 10,000 20+ week old fetus killed each year by abortion is statistically insignificant?

Then how miniscule is the insignificance of the number of blacks killed by police?

Is your indifference equal to the insignificance of the occurrences?

Are you outraged at 238 blacks killed by police in the US,
but not outraged at 10,000 feeling babies being cut up alive?

How do you justify the disparity?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

That conversation began talking donation… Until they got to the price range of thirty to a hundred dollars a 'specimen', set by the good 'doctor'' herself.

When she spoke of livers, lungs, hearts, extremities or (muscles) and craniums, they weren't discussing the menu at the restaurant they were seated in.

First of all, the video has been shown repeatedly to be heavily edited. Second of all, the video was made by a company who has a history of doing things like this to perpetuate an agenda. It was edited to take things out of context and even had footage added that was shot previously, to match what they were trying to portray. The things you are referencing are implied, not actually said in proper context, because that was the only way they could put the video together with what they had. The video was a fabrication, and the people who started this mess are being investigated. Case closed.

When she was speaking of livers, etc., she was speaking in terms of tissue donation. When the price came up, it was also regarding tissue donation. If you honestly believe that a physician would stoop to selling dead baby parts on some black market for a measly $30-$100, you probably ought to do a little more reading on the subject. That would be chump change, and no doctor is going to risk their entire career for something as monetarily insignificant as that. This is all nothing but smoke and mirrors.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Of course you are unable to look at the pictures, they destroy the narrative that these fetus' are simply
blobs of tissue. To face reality by looking at the pictures is probably too painful for you to reconcile support
for dismembering them alive and feeling pain.

Then is 238 black people being killed by police each year statistically insignificant?

If 10,000 20+ week old fetus killed each year by abortion is statistically insignificant?

Then how miniscule is the insignificance of the number of blacks killed by police?

edit on 3Wed, 15 Jul 2015 15:11:58 -0500pm71507pmk153 by grandmakdw because: addition

edit on 3Wed, 15 Jul 2015 15:13:03 -0500pm71507pmk153 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

I don't know. How many people are killed in total by the police each year to compare it to?

I don't know, I need another number to compare it to.

You apparently don't understand how statistical analysis works...

Because I understand how to perform statistical analysis. It's not about how BIG the number is, but how the number compares to other similar numbers. As I said, that 10,000 number is insignificant considering that it only makes up 1% of the abortions in the United States. If you were to give me a number saying that the total number of police slayings in the country was, say, 400 people, then that puts the percentage of black deaths by police officers at 60% and thus would make that number statistically significant. If however, the total number of police slayings was, say, 5000, then that puts the percentage at just under 5% and thus insignificant.

new topics

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join