It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planned Parenthood Sells Dead Baby Parts

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I thought ISIS were the sickest organisation on the planet.

Whodathunk that was BS.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I don't get it.

Anti-abortionists usually want smaller government. . . but they want the government to tell people what they can and can't do?

We just want equal rights for the human beings that aren't born yet. Was giving LGBT equal rights a burden as well?

So...it's OK to have big government sometimes, if it aligns with your personal moral compass?

I'd ask the same.
Giving LGBT people equal rights was easy. They're physically attached to another person and depend on them for growth, sustenance, life, blood, etc, etc.

An unborn child's rights are a little murky, because they're technically PART of the mother until such time that they're born, which, legally, the date of birth is the date a fetus becomes a person.

Yeah, people thought gays were sub-human also.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: Guidance.Is.Internal

Aside from the moral arguments...ethically speaking, should an organization that is tasked to council/educate/assist women and girls considering abortion also be profiting from aborted fetuses

Watching her creepy, nonchalant, disaffected, vulture-like demeanor when talking about the profit potential to be mined from possibly the worst moment of a woman's life - I'd say hell no.

But they are not profiting from it. There are hours and costs involved in preparation and storage. These are fees and they break even. Hospitals collect the same fees when a dead person is donated to research.

Should she cry every time she meets with a new research facility that called them?
edit on 14-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Guidance.Is.Internal

Aside from the moral arguments...ethically speaking, should an organization that is tasked to council/educate/assist women and girls considering abortion also be profiting from aborted fetuses

Watching her creepy, nonchalant, disaffected, vulture-like demeanor when talking about the profit potential to be mined from possibly the worst moment of a woman's life - I'd say hell no.

They're not exactly profiting. They're covering costs. At the request of people who are doing research and women who want to donate to that research.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Your right 3% of what they do is abortions but 36% of their revenue is from those abortions. They are not advocates for women and girls, many many times young girls are molested or raped and guess who take these children in for their abortions, the perpetrators. Planned Parenthood is not regulated the way it should be.

I have seen girls go in 2-3 times for abortions, before the age of 18, all paid for by welfare. Most girls were from families that by no means were entitled to welfare, but Planned Parenthood told these girls how to apply and get it..sounds like welfare fraud to me.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

What if it was determined not to have any awareness or consciousness, but simply a mass of tissue?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Puhlease. Semantics.

How much does she make?

PP wouldn't be able to open it's door if someone wasn't profiting. I rate this kind of "nonprofit" the same as the Komen Foundation....simply preying on women and their health and fears. A non-stop plea for funding using emotion and scare tactics.

It's straight up ghoulish but couched in PC justifications.

edit on 7/14/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

What if it was determined not to have any awareness or consciousness, but simply a mass of tissue?

Right now, sitting at your computer, you are nothing but a mass of tissue.

Awareness? Is a 1 month old aware and cognizant of his/her surroundings? Or is it instinct?

link   
a reply to: Watcher777

Wouldn't be cheaper and safer to give them a Merina IUD?

It combines chemical and physical forms of birth control, lasts for several years, and can be done in a 20 minute doctor visit.

Are women even aware this is an option? There are some clinics that operate on a sliding scale and this IUD can be had for a few hundred bucks -- while not cheap to someone dirt poor, it could be saved up for to save from having several abortions at higher cost.

link   

originally posted by: Watcher777

Your right 3% of what they do is abortions but 36% of their revenue is from those abortions. They are not advocates for women and girls, many many times young girls are molested or raped and guess who take these children in for their abortions, the perpetrators. Planned Parenthood is not regulated the way it should be.

I have seen girls go in 2-3 times for abortions, before the age of 18, all paid for by welfare. Most girls were from families that by no means were entitled to welfare, but Planned Parenthood told these girls how to apply and get it..sounds like welfare fraud to me.

You are not correct. The figures leading to that total mainly came from pro-life bloggers, as PP does not release all iof the numbers needed to come to that number.

"So abortion procedures could generate 37 percent of Planned Parenthood's health center revenue -- but mind you, that's an estimate created by pro-life groups because the organization doesn't release that figure. If true, that's still only 13 percent of the total revenue generated by Planned Parenthood." Politifact- PP revenue

And where do you see the other anecdotal stories you gave?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

If this is just normal business as you say, then they should have records of all these transactions, correct?

And there should even be price lists, that are legal.

I will be interested to see what comes of this, if there is an investigation.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

A one month year old baby out of the womb is certainly aware of its surroundings. It responds to visual and auditory stimuli.

Is there any neural activity in the brain of a fetus at the age in which abortions are happening?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Puhlease. Semantics.

How much does she make?

PP wouldn't be able to open it's door if someone wasn't profiting. I rate this kind of "nonprofit" the same as the Komen Foundation....simply preying on women and their health and fears. A non-stop plea for funding using emotion and scare tactics.

It's straight up ghoulish but couched in PC justifications.

They make enough to cover costs without profit. That is a non profit. The fees for donation certainly aren't making a profit. Only 3% pf what they do and 13% of total revenue is from abortions. So, I still don;t understand how they are preying on anyone or where this is ghoulish.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wow, a discussion about a completely legal process start to finish is heavily edited to the point of being considered doctored (no pun intended) propaganda, and idiots buy it lock, stock & barrel. I'm oddly still surprised with all the evidence put forth thus far that people are still proclaiming it to be black market-like trade. It's not. I think Reldra's covered this better than anyone else so far, so fricking say thank you for all the info digging done.

It's donation, people. It's not FREE, either. Everything from containers to the shipping must be paid for because duh, it costs money to pack & quickly ship what's donated. As far as her describing what's in demand, no ish, sherlock. This is the same kind of discussion I'd expect to hear between people discussion what parts of an adult body are in demand,some organs are in much, much higher demand for study than others are. Are you going to bitch about the cost of packing & shipping Joe Schmoe's liver, too? Because like I said, it doesn't ship for free.

What fantasy world do y'all live in, anyway?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
Its not surprising like somebody said. Were there is a buck to be made somebody will be there to fill the gap.

This is not new, years ago there was even another about how they were using dead fetuses for anything from stem cells to selling them to the cosmetic industry for use in there products, to other less savory things. They even got caught dumping them in the dumpster out back in emergency room of one of these clinics in one story, I guess things were just not booming then.

And well you take your pick, like the female Representative in the vid said, "yesterday was the first time she said people wanted lungs" Don't know how much use a fetus lung would be as its likely not even formed. But I am sure its used for something.

As for this whole pro and con fetus life thing. Not my business, if anything females out to charge more for there leavings, seeing as they are making a sumfull of money of this business. Either way, its people being people.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

A one month year old baby out of the womb is certainly aware of its surroundings. It responds to visual and auditory stimuli.

Is there any neural activity in the brain of a fetus at the age in which abortions are happening?

By the 3rd week the heart starts beating denoting neuronal activity.

But you didn't answer my question.

Giving GLBT their equal rights is so different from giving an unborn child equal rights?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

How much does she make?

Of course she makes a salary! These doctors do not work for free. PP does not profit from donors or the tissue they donate. But there are administrative costs in handling and transporting the tissue.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
Its not surprising like somebody said. Were there is a buck to be made somebody will be there to fill the gap.

This is not new, years ago there was even another about how they were using dead fetuses for anything from stem cells to selling them to the cosmetic industry for use in there products, to other less savory things. They even got caught dumping them in the dumpster out back in emergency room of one of these clinics in one story, I guess things were just not booming then.

And well you take your pick, like the female Representative in the vid said, "yesterday was the first time she said people wanted lungs" Don't know how much use a fetus lung would be as its likely not even formed. But I am sure its used for something.

As for this whole pro and con fetus life thing. Not my business, if anything females out to charge more for there leavings, seeing as they are making a sumfull of money of this business. Either way, its people being people.

There is no money being made.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

How much does she make?

Average salary by job for PP employees

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Giving GLBT their equal rights is so different from giving an unborn child equal rights?

Gay people are not inside my body. They are fully formed, operating, viable people. Fetuses are not.

How does this get turned into an anti-abortion thread? People trying to change the subject so as not to recognize the FACT that this is a Hoax. Planned parenthood is NOT profiting from selling baby parts! LOL!

No, Planned Parenthood is NOT Selling Aborted Fetal Body Parts

Except that, as Planned Parenthood told The Hill, its affiliates “can legally receive reimbursement from a tissue donation procedure for the ‘additional expenses related tissue donation, which can vary based on individual circumstance,’ but it does not go to staff members or providers.” These “additional expenses” might be the $10-30 it costs to transport the tissue being donated, which Planned Parenthood notes is “standard across the medical field.” And no, the patient donating the tissue doesn’t receive any financial reimbursement either.

In reality, the donation of fetal tissue is no different than any other situation in which a patient might donate tissue to scientific research. No money changes hands, and the donation could help pave the way to any number of medical breakthroughs.
The video itself opens with a short clip of Planned Parenthood president Gloria Feldt that is edited to give the appearance of condemning the recorded conversation that follows. But the 20/20 segment on which Feldt appears is actually an investigation into abuses made by private sector “tissue and organ procurement companies.” And Feldt even went on to later affirm that “Planned Parenthood supports research using fetal tissue in accordance with legal and ethical guidelines and are deeply concerned about the attempt by some to profit from the humanitarian contributions of courageous women.”

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join