It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microchip releases medicine in the body every day at the right time for many years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I don't like the sound of this. It's here and what else will it be used for?

interestingengineering.com...

Microchips Biotech, an MIT spinoff company, has developed a microchip to be implanted in the body which can hold hundreds of medicine doses. The technology allows the controlled doses to always be released at the right time, preventing the patient from having any problems due to forgotten doses. - See more at: interestingengineering.com...

The microdevice uses individual reservoirs covered with a metal membrane. Each of these reservoirs contains a dose of medicine. The membrane is removed with an electrical impulse and the drug is released in the body. The chip can be remotely programmed so the dose release time can be changed anytime by the doctor or patient. - See more at: interestingengineering.com...

Patients with chronic diseases such as diabetes, osteoporosis and sclerosis can benefit from treatment with the microchip. - See more at: interestingengineering.com...

And:

It can also be used with contraceptive medication.

Does the line above mean that the Doctors will be able to prevent people from having kids at the press of a switch? 'Population' control does need attention come to think of it, this could prevent large amounts of kids being born into 'Poverty'. Maybe it will be used to prevent couples from having more than 3 kids! I mean, if you can't afford to have more than 3 kids, would be a good idea??

For purposes such as 'insulin' release if you are diabetic, would be a great idea. I just don't know what else could come with that chip! it also says 'for many years' inside.

interestingengineering.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Applications for pain management; better than a traditional pump device, however..

Pumps can be refilled, and even though I've heard of them having problems, they can be worked on and repaired.

This thing would have to be outright removed if it stopped working due to a malfunction, or if the Doctor needed to raise or lower the dosage; or even change the medicine.

edit:

And if you load it up with psych meds to keep a person sane, can you really trust that it'll never malfunction on the poor sap?
edit on 7/14/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I don't like the sound of this. It's here and what else will it be used for?

Profit. Creating additional dependencies (AKA customers). Is there anything else?
Tightening the noose.....

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

exactly. Its quite a frightening concept!

But what i'm really worried about is the potential for such things. (well, i'm not worried per-se.. just saying)

Could these chips be implemented at school age when kids have their immunisations?? Without knowing? Thats the scary part.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I wonder how they would get the right amount of dosage in such a small object. To then have hundreds of doses in a small chip that can last years. It does not seem viable. If they could get it to work it would certainly be a good thing when it comes to certain sicknesses and such. But whether it is achievable, I'm not sure how it would work.
edit on 14-7-2015 by mmirror because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

There are lots of ethical aspects to consider when it comes to medical nanotechnology and whilst it could help a body recover or cope with a certain illness/disease, in the wrong hands it could also mean somebody may be injured. Not to mention those that could use the technology to create an engineered super human.

Nanotechnology could actually be amazing to find and destroy cancer cells, to regenerate tissue, regulate or deliver hormones, etc. This new technology is actually not that new, and it has been tested since the 90s.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yes you are right it could be used for nefarious purposes,but it could be also be good for some people with long term conditions-However,for it to be able to work for such a long period of time,there must also be a vast amount of whatever drug is needed stored in the body.
If that store breaks open,or the chip malfunctions-the entire drug supply for years could be released into the body,possibly killing(or at least causing great harm to)the patient.

Sounds an ill thought out idea-no technology is breakdown proof.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I heard about this many years ago when i was browsing type 1 diabetes news, i thought they had buried this as there has been no news about this for years. I find this a bad idea, if something goes wrong it will go seriously wrong. My kid will not use something like this..

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

And if you load it up with psych meds to keep a person sane, can you really trust that it'll never malfunction on the poor sap?

I was thinking the same exact thing - for pretty much any medication - what if it malfunctions and every dose is released all at once? That would often times be fatal, especially if these things are meant to house enough medicine to last for years on end.

A great way to get the public to trust and put faith in these things though - pretty soon we will also be needing a "chip" to get (or spend) our regular paychecks! Sheesh..

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Microchip releases medicine in the body every day at the right time for many years

Cool when do we get to put gatorade in it?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

Applications for pain management; better than a traditional pump device, however..

Pumps can be refilled, and even though I've heard of them having problems, they can be worked on and repaired.

This thing would have to be outright removed if it stopped working due to a malfunction, or if the Doctor needed to raise or lower the dosage; or even change the medicine.

edit:

Same thing for all medications.....What if it malfunctions with pain medication or anything else that can cause an overdose? Patient dies immediately? If years of pain medication is released at once, poof....DEAD...

Population control? Oops, all of the chips that were manufactured in 2018 malfunctioned and cause millions to die immediately....Never know, but I smell a disaster and a huge control chip for anyone who has one implanted....They could be killed instantly, EVERYONE with malfunction or hackers or a maniac with an itchy trigger finger to control the population...I don't like it one bit!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

As with all man made and with technology, things tend to malfunction at one time or the other, the human body been a entity of its own when it comes to its biological make over also plays a big part on no wanting what is not suppose to be there as a foreign object, it happens, I will see this new venture killing more people than helping them, but heck we will not find what is in it until is in full working order, right?

edit on 14-7-2015 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If they can get hundreds of doses of medicine in one microchip and they could do multiple medications, why are we taking so many large pills? 10mg of this or 50 mg of that.... how do you shrink that? It doesn't compute.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Can't pay? Sorry, we're not servicing your medical chip anymore, no more medication for you!

I could see this becoming a more immediate problem than population control or tracking people.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Medication taken orally has to survive the highly acidic stomach and digestive system, then make it past the liver and into your blood. It's like sending 100 warriors into battle, and hoping you get 10 through the enemy lines.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I didn't read the link but my first initial thought was, what about EMPs, or solar activity, what if it miraculously somehow got crushed inside of the patient? What if your body attacks the chips? When it comes to something that small can you really trust it? From my own understanding, I haven't even see nanotech being used commercially yet.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mmirror
I wonder how they would get the right amount of dosage in such a small object.

It's not small. Think postage stamp, not invisible particle.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Great, Another one of those Big Pharma traps. The bad genes will get worst with the mix of radiation at this rate. People will start wondering why their babies are getting more deformed. Those who screw up their lives(example: Type 2 diabetes gene) shouldn't even stay alive that long. At this rate our future generations will be even more fatter or full of bad genes.
Instead of researching to fix/find the problem, researching to create even more problem by letting the bad live longer.

I do not want to see my great great great grand kids just because I'm 150 years old surviving through implants and drugs.

The amount of old people will be horrendous to kids. Most old folks become selfish and cranky.

Selling Drugs = more money as usual.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
So not drugs, but as a kid I used to chomp down on those flinstone vitamins and recall one day envisioning a time where a device was strapped to my arm, that could administer vitamins and monitor vitals at regular intervals. I still think such a device is on the way, but now think it'll have a full range pharmacy of all the basics to combine in dose shots as need be based on feedback from an interlink with your HPA. Worn out pituitary? No problem!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Welp, the power elite have been looking for a way to remotely drug us for almost a hundred years.

Nice job!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join