It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
People feel it is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them.

If you want to lead the orchestra, you must turn your back on the crowd.

People love to hack at the branches of evil, very few have the courage to go after the root.

Religion will often accept a man for what he believes, but turn him away for what he knows.

If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed.

Some pople are good examples, others are horrible warnings.

People think in herds, and they go mad in herds, but they don't recover their senses in herds. They only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.

If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand.

In a country well governed, people resent poverty. In a country badly governed, people resent wealth.

Petty, self-important people always have to be offended by something. They spend their lives being offended by someone or something,

There are wondrous things which you must see in order to believe. Likewise, there are wondrous things which you must believe in order to see.

If you're in a card game and you can't figure out who the patsy is, it's you.

People need to realize that they can be totally committed to their own beliefs, yet tolerate others.

The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated in the name of the noblest causes.

Why set forth on the troubled seas of logic and reason when you can be firmly anchored in nonsense?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger Great thread OP - I am fairly certain I was also lucky enough to join in on the first go around
Thanks again! My contribution:

Man only likes to count his troubles, but he does not count his joys.

Realists do not fear the results of their study.

Much unhappiness has come into the world because of bewilderment and things left unsaid.

It seems, in fact, as though the second half of a man's life is made up of nothing, but the habits he has accumulated during the first half.

The formula 'Two and two make five' is not without its attractions.

(all from the famous Fyodor Dostoyevski)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
"It's easy to be foolish, but it may be foolish to be easy"... For the young ladies and gents.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Thanks! Your quote about "the second half of a man's life" reminded me of this quote from a Lakota medicine man:

People say life is complicated, but it is not. You will become what you do, and once that has happened, you will do what you've become. Life is truly that simple."

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

That's amazing! Interesting to think about Fostoyevski's beliefs (in cold-ass Russia) and a Lakota Native American's beliefs (likely more familiar with desert or temperate conditions) and how they still came to the same conclusions.

Thanks for sharing.

One more for the road
:

The ability to inspire rather than enforce loyalty is a critical quality of leadership - Saladin (Sultan of Egypt and Syria in 12th Century)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I've got one .....

Men socialize by insulting one another, but they don’t really mean it. Women socialize by complimenting one another… But they don’t really mean it, either. Lol

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Education will lead to ignorance if the teaching is incorrect

Champions have the willingness, endurance to go through it and the fortitude to sustain it

- Kevin Levrone (both of those)

I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to - Jimi Hendrix

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible. -Thomas Aquinas

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Classic!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't just burn bridges I annihilate them. That way I have no choice but to move forward.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
You can't fix stupid......but you can elect them into political office.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Everything is everything all the time. . .

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
To + Too does NOT equal For/Four/Fore

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Saw another great one today and wanted to come back to share it
:

"Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat."

Jean-Paul Sartre

top topics

join