It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marijuana Opponents Using Racketeering Law to Fight Industry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
The good people of Co. need to boycot these two businesses drive them out of business.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Yea, I'm pretty sure they'll win too. This is one of the reasons why I can't understand why many of the people who want legal weed don't want it to become big marijuana. Without big money backing the industry, lawsuits like this would topple it in short order.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I'm a bit worried about the lawsuit presently being considered for acceptance by the Supreme Court, where Nebraska and Oklahoma are suing Colorado because of the overflow of cannabis into their states (see www.scotusblog.com... ). The Court asked the Solicitor General to write an opinion (SG works for the Attorney General's office) for the United States back in May, just over two months ago. No opinion has been sent to the Court as yet.

This RICO business should be a slight roadblock, and hopefully is being countered well. A Supreme Court close-down of Colorado's law/industry may be the more significant threat, so hopefully the SG writes an opinion which will allow the Supreme Court to let the present law stand.
edit on 16-7-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join