It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My current dental, throat & neck issues...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hello everyone, I have been debating on if I should post this or not and have decided to do so, to at the very least have a recorded record of this in cyber space.

Let me start with a little about me and my dental history. I am currently 37 years old will be 38 in August. I'm 6'1 and 270 pounds. Don't smoke, however I do use smokeless tobacco (snuff), my motto is you can brush and clean your teeth you can't do the same with your lungs.

The first time I had went to a dentist was at the age of 8. I wasn't nervous it was suppose to be a routine checkup for school. The problem turned out to be at least according to this so called dentist was that I needed braces across my top teeth, long story short I had them done.

After about a week I had noticed where each side of braces ended a good sized section of wire that runs through the middle of them was gouging both sides of the back of my mouth.

Needless to say this was VERY painful and this Dentist should have known to cut both ends off next to the braces. My mother had seen enough and took me back to have them removed. I never went back to a dentist again.

Currently I have been forced into going back to a dentist the 24th of this month and certainly not to the same one when I was 8. At my current age I have had just one toothache which I cured myself no dentist needed with a pint of Ancient Age (Whisky) I have all of my teeth except 2 on the backend of my teeth top and bottom left side which look ruff and are causing my current issues.

I'm not a junkfood junkie so I suppose that helps and hardly ever drink a pop. Now here is what is going on now about a week ago those two bad teeth started aching which I can handle pain but don't enjoy it.

2 days later a knot started to swell up just below my jawline and neck where those two bad teeth are I decided enough was enough and made me an appointment with the local dentist but can't be seen until the 24th.

I knew the swelling was infection so I went to the local hospital and got me a prescription of infection meds penicillin 500mg one every 8 hours.

The infection seems to have been stopped but I still have that knot as well as pain when I swallow I can only get one finger between my teeth which has caused me to take on a diet of applesauce and/or potted meat. Which even those things aren't easy to eat.

I may in fact turn out to have throat and/or mouth cancer. I just wanted to get this out as a way to have a record of it without letting anyone I personally know about how I truly feel. At least with my beard the knot is pretty much hidden. Since yesterday I have been getting dizzyheaded when standing up.

If anyone has any questions or comments please add them, either way I will continue to update this until the end, good or bad.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ArchangelOger

It is possible you had an ulcer.

I had one from an infected tooth and the swelling in my neck was beyond belief even after the antibiotics had killed the pain and stopped the infection spreading.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Infected tooth. If you let it go, it will kill you. Go to the dentist, it will have to be extracted.

Or die, your choice.

C'mon, this isn't the mddle ages, 'man up' and go.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Just go to the dentist. If you have cancer, then best find out sooner or later. However, chances are your problems stem from your teeth. No amount of advice given, or research undertaken on the internet will equal a professional having a look.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You do not always have to have it it removed although you do need antibiotics.

If left the infection can spread to your blood system as it did with me and you really can die from such a silly thing as a toothache.

I was lucky as caught it in time but only when I finally went to the hospital as I had lost the colour in my vision.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

You do not always have to have it it removed although you do need antibiotics.

Antibiotics will stem the tide of infection, but not cure the source. If a tooth is so infected it has developed an abscess that deep in the jaw, the tooth itself is probably infected in the root and irreparable. By now, having let it go that long, (because he will "never go to a dentist again") that is most likely the case.

I've lost most of my teeth due to neglect of money, I know what thats like. Bad bacteria in the blood stream erodes the heart valves, too. Better deal with it…

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Dentist had been telling me for years to get my wisdom teeth out. I always said that once I start having problems then I will get them removed. Well I finally started to have an ache in my lower right molar. Went in and they said my wisdom tooth was digging in to it. So I decided it was time. Week 2 since I've had it done and I now wish I had done 10 years ago. Easy with no complications. I ended up having to lose that molar as well but my teeth should slide over to compensate for the gap back there.

Anyway, OP you are likely going to have one hell of a dental check up. The longest I went was 6 years, only had 1 cavity but the plaque build up was terrible. I now go when I'm supposed to. I also use chewing tobacco though I consider myself a minimal user (1-2 dip a day or 1 can every 4-5 days).
edit on 14-7-2015 by hawkeyenation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Sorry I should have said that you do not always need the tooth out straight away or could have it "fixed".

I did not wish the OP to become ill out of fear of having a tooth ripped out when that would not be the only solution.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Similar story here, although I was homeless and/or without enough money for the last five years to do anything for my teeth.

At the current stage I have 20 teeth scheduled for removal, one got infected and gave me a similar feeling to what your having (including trouble swallowing at times).

In any case, I got the infection checked and got put on 4 penicillin a day (yeah that's a lot of infection).

Just wanted to let you know your not the only one, and likewise for me if my mother hadn't twisted my arm to get it done I'd just have gone until I was dead most likely.

edit on 14-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Call the dentist and tell him exactly what's going on. They will fit you in as an emergency patient.

I am sure it's not cancer. The fact your tooth was acting up, you got the bump - it's something to do with the infection. Of course I"m not a doctor so I could be wrong but all signs point to infection/something still brewing.

Sometimes it takes a particular type of antibiotic for a specific area of the body/disease/infection. Your antibiotic shot may have helped slow it down but not eliminated it.

Please go to the dentist now. I know how it is to have to go, take time off work, fit it into your schedule, have to talk to people when you don't want to, the cost, the inconvenience, the anxiety of what are they going to do - BUT you can do this. You'll have the whole bunch of us reading your post with you hanging over your shoulder cheering you on and holding your hand.

Don't base your past experience on what dentists today can do for you. I've seen a bunch and you just have to see the right one - someone who cares about you the person and knows his craft.

Report back to us. Please go! A bad infection can eat into bone and spread into your bloodstream. And worse.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

If it turns out to be just an ulcer I'll be fine with that. Yes, the antibiotics have stalled the infection from spreading but not much in the way of improvement. At least, so far.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

As I pointed out I have a dentist appointment the 24th. They, the dentist informed me to get a routine dose of antibiotics going in the meantime. If it's severely infected they can't do anything with it.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thank you ALL for sharing your thoughts. I will also see if I can get into the dentist a little earlier. Mainly just giving the antibiotics a little time to do their job.

I brushed my teeth and used mouth wash this morning like always with little problem. Tried it a while ago and it was simply too painful and had to stop.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger

As I pointed out I have a dentist appointment the 24th. They, the dentist informed me to get a routine dose of antibiotics going in the meantime. If it's severely infected they can't do anything with it.

Read that have to extract it. 10 days from now. If you can handle the pain until then… good luck.

I will also see if I can get into the dentist a little earlier.

Best advice.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Update: After my failed brushing attempt which also managed to toss me into a level of serious pain I went into my room shut the door and turned the light off until I got the pain under control.

Once I felt I could talk well enough I called the dentist back and gave them every detail they told me to finish my infection medicine and unless something severe happens to call them back. She was very nice and also told me not to worry about being unable to open my mouth no wider than my pinky and to continue with what I was eating and drink plenty of water.

She also informed me that I could be put under so they could perform what ever needed to be done considering I'm not able to open my mouth in a normal fashion.

She did say that may ease up but the time my medicine is done. I'll just be glad to get in and get whatever needs done over with. She also told me to massage around my jaw line as well as the lump provided it isn't painful. I told her it itches from time to time and she said that a sign showing the medicine is doing what it can.

Again thank you all for taking the time with this thread and I shall continue posting updates.

On a funny note at least to me, it's a waste of time to try to discuss this with my roommates, neither one have a single viable tooth in their mouths...LOL...*ouch, that hurt a little*

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Sounds like an abcess and you'll need a root canal or have the tooth/teeth pulled.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
Just as long as they fix whatever the problem is I'm fine with the loss of a tooth or so if need be.

I'll go ahead and add an update with this post. Sleept good last night still eating the same, no improvement in mouth opening. No decrease or increase in swelling.

The pain has let up i'm not sure if that's on it's own or the nerve pain meds I got today. So for now other than being able to open my mouth like normal and some soreness today shouldn't go that bad

And I must give a big thank you to my roommates who are both taking care of the bills while one of the three stooges is MIA. lol

edit on 15-7-2015 by ArchangelOger because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2015 by ArchangelOger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Update: 07-16

No increase in swelling, perhaps a slight decrease. Thobbing pain is gone, just soreness. Still issues with opening my mouth, good news is I finally was able to eat 2 tuna and mayo sandwiches! First normal food in a week.

Opening my mouth, well forcing my mouth open does cause pain, if I hold my lower jaw back that helps, but am still unable to fully open it as normal.

I'm going to finish off my routine of infection pills then see what's going on then, thank you for your time!
edit on 16-7-2015 by ArchangelOger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Update: 7-17

I was going to give it two or three days to add an update but due to the swelling having reduced 70% I had to post...

No throbbing pain, a little more improvement in eating ability, also helps to somewhat eat in the same manner as a snake would...lol...I know gross sounding but it does help.

General daily maintenance of my teeth, tounge and gums are back on routine now, no issues. Some over all soreness but nothing I can't handle.

Now I just need to continue what I am doing and finish the infection medicine and keep my dentist appointment which will be my next update unless something drastic happens.

Again, thank you for your time and catch you at the next update!

(post by hjskuf removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join