It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you determined that the world is fake?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The way things fall into line, keeping things going normally, again and again ad infinitum...

It's everything from purely man-made things like the financial system to seeming scientific miracles. Anyone remember Ebola and the projections of an "exponential spread"? How does something like that just stop suddenly?

You may be able to explain some of these things here and there with logical explanations but when you add up millions of such things...

All I can say is, I'm convinced this world is fake. One way or another, this can't be real.
edit on 14-7-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
So the worlds fake because msn over reported Ebola and we spend money and discover things. People are fake but sorry the world is real.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Unfortunately it is all VERY real, "Prick me, do I not bleed"?

Your example of the Ebola threat was also very real. The noise raised to such a pitch that the International community had to get in there with some resources to deal with it as it was threatening their countries, too. It was actually very successful and showed what a combined response can achieve. A problem shared is a problem spared to coin an old maxim.

Obviously the media are used as a tool to manipulate mass behaviour. It is a way they get public opinion on board. If those in power want to have a war on a country for what ever reason the media are used to canvass for public backing. The whole WMD Saddam scenario is a fascinating study of how they go about such business.

It is not all fake, but it is manipulated even to the point of telling lies sometimes.

edit on 14-7-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Fake vs real is an existential question that has as many answers as it has players or questioners.

On one hand, the "world" as such appears absolutely real; we can explore it with all of our senses directly. On the other hand, much of what we perceive is fiction; stories we tell ourselves to make our experience of the world more meaningful for ourselves and others.

Nations are fictions. There are no arbitrary lines on the world itself, but we impose them on our maps to divide this from that, "them" from "us." This is true for all political and social structures, religions, economic systems, etc. These are all "stories" that we tell to make sense of our world.

None of these things exist outside the context of human understanding. We create them from whole cloth in order to function on day by day basis. Without them, there is no organization, structure or meaning beyond organism survival.

The world as a matrix is a metaphor for how we -- as a species -- interact with and are interdependent with one another. It is a useful fiction -- not because of what it describes about the world -- but, because of what it tells us about ourselves.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Just remember... I don't see the world as you do. Perspective and all that.

But it is very real.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

All I can say is, I'm convinced this world is fake. One way or another, this can't be real.

Thats why the Matrix is so appealing.

"Like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad…"

Thats the hollywood version. The real version, the real you, is your soul. All the input from your senses and all the crap you have been taught isn't the real you.

Kind of pisses you off, don't it. Don't fret, discovering that is a gift. Now that you are awake, don't stop searching for the real you.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The idea that we are not our senses, not our nerves, not the signals, but are some invisible thing inside the body, is an assumption without evidence or merit. It is a guess. It is a dogma.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The idea that we are not our senses, not our nerves, not the signals, but are some invisible thing inside the body, is an assumption without evidence or merit. It is a guess. It is a dogma.

So was the entire electromagnetic spectrum before it was detected.

ETA: Rephrasing…

The notion there is nothing outside our limited senses is pretty dogmatic, too?
edit on 14-7-2015 by intrptr because: change

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Thing is... we ARE trapped inside ones own mind. Anything above that is simply thinking we are more important than we really are.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well, the drama/doom is definitely fake. The real "doom" is the status quo and that's the illuminati/corporations/governments' most powerful weapon and to me it's obvious they are putting all their efforts into maintaining it. That's why i totally stopped paying attention to fake non-events. Ebola, some flu or other disease (It's medicine/"cures" that scare me), stock markets, you name it. All is just a distraction from the real purpose: To maintaining the current status quo which is the perfect one for them.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
"faked" or "artificial intelligence" , what's the difference

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terminal1

Thing is... we ARE trapped inside ones own mind. Anything above that is simply thinking we are more important than we really are.

Trapped for now. Every time our instruments improve we move the goal posts. So its not like there isn't anything left outside our sens(ors).

Like, this far and no further?

How would you even know. Tech shows us just how ignorant we really are all the time. I don't expect these revelations to stop anytime soon.

Unless we take everything for granted…

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

So was the entire electromagnetic spectrum before it was detected.

ETA: Rephrasing…

The notion there is nothing outside our limited senses is pretty dogmatic, too?

Thousands of years is a long time to wait for results, especially when looking in such a finite area. To find something in the human body would not take too long. Is there some place they haven't checked yet? Then go look there. Simple as that.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Which world are we talking about? You seem outward focused, but I'd suggest this focus is in reference to aspects of your inner psyche that you are not ready to face.

You hear simple people say things like, "you don't know me", and what they really mean is they don't know their selves.

Perhaps more complex people say things like, "have you determined the world is fake", when what they really mean is that they're knocking on the doors of rooms yet labeled in their minds, created before they were old enough to consciously choose.

We often disown that which doesn't feel right, even if it suits our fancy. Strange creatures we are.
edit on 14-7-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Is there some place they haven't checked yet? Then go look there. Simple as that.

We can detect radio signals with conch shells too, if we just listen hard enough.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It was actually very successful and showed what a combined response can achieve.
a reply to: Revolution9

That's the power of our so-called "collective conscience." Billions of people expressing their intention of not contracting this disease set the wheels of reality in motion. JMO.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
And when somebody, another 'You' chalks it up to a "Spiritual Experience", You'll *KNOW that You ARE a "Spirit" just having a "Human Experience". It reads as if You've discovered Your 'true essence' just like 'David' in the aforementioned motion picture "A.I.".. And when You're done here and Your Soul has learned it's "lessons" it is onward, returning from 'whence You came' The One Infinite Creator, Hunab Ku. The population is growing and growing because the majority have lost touch of their own Divinity.. Losing the connection. Where thought is "real" and the physical is the "illusion"

* KNOW used in this way trumps "feel" 'think' "believed".

namaste

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
So, I'm not really responding to this fake thread? Then I guess I'm just wasting my time eh?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I've come to the conclusion that this world is our
creation and isn't anything close to what was intended.
But it is a world full of fakery. Indeed.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Terminal1

Trapped for now. Every time our instruments improve we move the goal posts. So its not like there isn't anything left outside our sens(ors).

Like, this far and no further?

How would you even know. Tech shows us just how ignorant we really are all the time. I don't expect these revelations to stop anytime soon.

Unless we take everything for granted…

Nature around us shows us our limitations in being human. Take a shark for example, it has a sense that we don't being it can detect electromagnetic fluctuations around it. Or birds who know which way to go. Does that mean that these creatures are more in tune with the universe than we are? No... it simply means they are more in tune with their environment than we are with theirs. A dog could not care less when shown pictures of Pluto yet we cannot smell the rabbit far into an empty field that would alert the dog. We are all in tune with our local environments through the senses that we have and trapped there and the only way we can affect the Universe is through those senses we came with. We can only enhance senses and if we do add a way of sensing we would still have to bring it to the level our senses can interpret.

The Universe is very profound and beyond our measure. Even Carl Sagan argued that we could never fully understand the Universe because we can't even fully understand a grain of sand on a beach. It is a human limitation. Yet in the simple task of adding sugar to my coffee I will have changed the Universe forever.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join