It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If a woman lies about being on the pill, is it rape by deception?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Oh please, when hormones and passion are ruling, good judgment goes out the door. Men lie to seduce women and dont get jailed for it. EVERY TIME you have sex, no matter what the birth control, you take the chance of making a baby. Sex101.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
Professional sports people and celebrities have to resort to taking their used condoms with them when they leave because of the socialite type culture of the women that want to have their babies and entrap them. Horrible world.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Haha no, I just stumbled upon the topic online, recognised a personal situation that involved my consent to sex after a lie and decided to ask a question to start an interesting debate.
I'm chilled about the whole thing, I was at the time, and to be fair I've been entertained by some of the strong emotions in this thread.

...surprised anyone argued that when someone lies to another to gain consent for sex then it is also the fault of the person who was trusting.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
is not just women

boys are = bad
the bragging nvm
edit on 14-7-2015 by Layaly because: bleh

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
How so? Consent was only granted because one party lied.

It takes two to tango. When you enter into an agreement with someone, you're BOTH responsible for the outcome. That's MY opinion and how I live my life. Not trying to tell you how to think or anything. It's just how I do my life.

Or are you saying consent to sex is a unique case so if someone lies then it is equally the fault of the person who trusted?

I'm not sure what you mean by "crimes of dishonesty", but I think sex is a unique situation. BOTH parties consent and BOTH are responsible for the outcome. ONE is not responsible for what the other does. They are each responsible for what THEY do.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

What is your point exactly?
A woman lied to me that contraception was in use. I would not have consented to sex if she had told the truth.
If you don't believe me then there is little more I can say.
'Other men' are irrelevant to this topic.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

i am glad u're good (sounds funny sorry)

no I say it for you.. she was a lying suck of mad
("weird u didn't leave her after the DNA test.. may I ask why.. just curious no need to talk)

female insecurities and teenage dreams
edit on 14-7-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Not the "Somebody was deceitful" category no?

How about "somebody was deceitful" AND "crap, I made a bad choice"? Why does it have to be only one person's fault?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So again you attach blame to somebody trusting another person who lies?
Do you not see how ridiculous that sounds?
Nonspecific used the example of trusting someone who gives you a lift in their car but not asking for verification that they have insurance. How is a woman lying to a man that they are using contraceptives solely to obtain consent for sex any different in concept?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

...surprised anyone argued that when someone lies to another to gain consent for sex then it is also the fault of the person who was trusting.

That's not what I'm saying at all. You're purposely misrepresenting my position and I don't appreciate it. The lie is the fault of the liar and I have said that all along.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Because that's circular. The only bad choice would be in trusting the individual.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

You were negotiating?! Was she a hooker? Oh geez, what a laugh. Bye.
edit on 14-7-2015 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Oh please, when hormones and passion are ruling, good judgment goes out the door. Men lie to seduce women and dont get jailed for it. EVERY TIME you have sex, no matter what the birth control, you take the chance of making a baby. Sex101.

Exactly. You could have still gotten her pregnant even if she was on the pill. Knowing this, why would you leave it to chance? Obviously she is nasty piece of work, and what she did was wrong, but you still could have said no. At that point, knowing a pregnancy could still happen, you took the shot anyway. You still share some responsibility, she did not force you physically, which is what rape really is.

link   
trusting not a bad choice
lying an efed up move

specially about that

but as a female god it was tempting before 21 that is

edit on 14-7-2015 by Layaly because: wrong pep

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
weird u didn't leave her after the DNA test.. may I ask why

Ah, I'd gone through a 9 month pregnancy with her, I fell in love of course and she had moved in with me.
I didn't know the baby was mine but just in case it was I wanted things to be right.
Once he was born it didn't matter that he wasn't my blood, still a beautiful new life needing care and love. Wasn't his fault.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

CPS legal guidelines Rape and Sexual Offences: Chapter 3: Consent

Not had a chance to interpret it fully but looks as if it sheds some light.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: artnut

God damned, I can't keep out of this thread. Do you think the guy in this thread would in any way try to duck out of being a father, and throwing blame if there was a kid that resulted after she was on the pill?

This is entirely besides the point!

This thread is so freaking bizarre.

Unwitting apologists with faulty logic.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Sounds like a civil matter to me.

Nail meet head.

Why bring the Gov in the bedroom.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Are you just here to argue like a child?
I explained that I didn't have condoms and she lied saying that's cool I'm on the pill.
Did you not read the OP?
Sheesh, this place is getting like facebook sometimes, can't have a rational mature discussion with some folk.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Why should negotiation not be part of a pre sexual encounter?

Why would you assume she was a prostitute?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join