It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Nuclear Deal Concludes In Historic Announcement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Iran reached a historic deal with six world powers on Tuesday that promises to curb Tehran’s controversial nuclear program in exchange for economic sanctions relief.

The accord was announced on Tuesday by Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif and the European Union's policy chief Federica Mogherini in a joint statement in the Austrian capita
l.

My comments to follow.....

NBCNEWS
edit on 7/14/2015 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Link doesn't work... But if this deal doesn't have NATO inspections it is not worth the time and effort... They will not keep their end of the deal. They want nukes to wipe their enemies off the planet.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

OK. Now we wait for the different "interpretations" to play out.

Cultural nuances and different meanings will be negotiated well into the future ... methinks.

Hope I am wrong ...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
In the US, Obama is on the TV here at 6:00am claiming it's a good agreement and I can't wait to see how many ways they will spin this story. So the US agrees to lift sanctions on the promise Iran won't produce nuclear weapons and they agree to sign a deal with the UN Security Council.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Alright this story just broke a couple of hours ago, so please bear with me as i try and assimilate the facts....

Here is the deal:

We are reaching an agreement that is not perfect for anybody but it is what we could accomplish and it is an important achievement for all of us," he said.

"We are starting a new chapter of hope."

The deal puts strict limits on Iran's nuclear activities for at least a decade and calls for stringent UN oversight, with world powers hoping that this will make any dash to make an atomic bomb virtually impossible.

In return, painful international sanctions that have slashed the oil exports of OPEC's fifth-largest producer by a quarter and choked its economy will be lifted and billions of dollars in frozen assets unblocked.

Well, I wish I could be elated about this decision, but really and truly I am not. I was under the impression based on a news article i read yesterday that Iran already bought Nuclear Weapons LAST MONTH!

[url=http://www.weeklystandard.com...]weeklystandard.com[/url ]

And now we are supposed to blindly trust Iran not to move forward?? How has that worked for us in the past?
Every time the IAEA was sent to inspect Iran's facilities and violations were found, there were no consequences enforced! The IAEA has little pull to do anything about it. Except report it to the U.N. Security Council....and according to the weapons article here is what happened:

Two reports regarding Iran's attempts to illicitly and clandestinely procure technology for its nuclear and ballistic missile programs have recently been published. They show that Iran's procurement continues apace, if not faster than before the Joint Plan of Action was signed in November 2013. But fear of potentially embarrassing negotiators and derailing negotiations has made some states reluctant to report Tehran’s illegal efforts. If these countries have hesitated to expose Iran during the negotiations, it is more likely they will refrain from reporting after a deal is struck.

The first report was released last month by the U.N. panel of experts in charge of reporting compliance with U.N. Security Council resolutions regarding Iran. The panel noted that U.N. member states had not reported significant violations of U.N. sanctions and speculated as to why: either Iran was complying, or countries did not wish to interfere with negotiations.

Hmmmmm....am i wrong or does this look like the " Historic Deal" that was just signed? The U.N. did nothing about the violations.

So can someone help me understand what makes the signing of this deal EPIC??? Let's pray its not the word "HOPE" which will deliver "CHANGE" We have been down that road before.......

Thanks for your time ATS!

Pax

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
Link doesn't work... But if this deal doesn't have NATO inspections it is not worth the time and effort... They will not keep their end of the deal. They want nukes to wipe their enemies off the planet.

NATO Inspections? What the hell have NATO to do with this?

Also, quit it with the ridiculous talk of Iran wanting to wipe it's enemies off the map! Seriosuly, where do you get this stuff from (other than Nutty-yahoo)?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Where did Iran buy it's nuclear weapons from last month?
Amazon? ebay? Nuclear Weapons "R" Us?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Do not for one second think that we will ever be privvy to this kind of ugly.

Probably a good thing ... in a health kinda way ...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
A reply to Britguy..

I agree with you.....
I just don't get how people can become so manipulated into thinking if Iran were ever to get a nuke, they'd suddenly attack another nation.
How stupid do people think a country who are under as much observation by the whole of the western world and Israel could be ? It'd be like going into a gunfight with a peashooter !

Iran have no plans to build nukes to attack the world.........
edit on 14-7-2015 by lambros56 because: Addressing who my reply was to.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: lambros56

That's what you tell us ...

Ed; Jokes aside, there are issues - political - humanitarian - religious - military ... etc.

This crap runs deep.

It has not been sorted for like - forever!!

So therefore - crap is forever imminent !

WE have organised ourselves as modern man - well !

Time to RE - Focus ...

A moratorium on old outdated BS stuff should be on the Global agenda.

The World - truly is a smaller place.

We are the first to see the difference the internet and instant global communication can make.

It is a shame that this type of thing is still an issue - considering this mass information flow.

* Steps off soap box - walks away; cautiously ...

edit on 14-7-2015 by Timely because: specifics.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Doesn't it seem likely if Iran used a nuke that the US would retaliate and level their place unless the US fears the Russian backing,

The whole talks seemed like so much BS to me unless the sanctions really didn't work.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Because that's what I believe.

Why would you think Iran would build a nuke and use it...as opposed to any other country that actually has nukes ?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I just don't get how people can become so manipulated into thinking if Iran were ever to get a nuke, they'd suddenly attack another nation.

Who would have thought the mindset of people in the Mideast would allow them to use people as bombs and randomly blow up groups of people?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Who would have thought the mindset of people in the Mideast would allow them to use people as bombs and randomly blow up groups of people?

Is it really any different than our own aircraft and drones randomly blowing up groups of people?
We are propagandized into thinking that because our side blow people up, that they surely deserved it, because.... well..... we wouldn't just go kill innocent people.... would we?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

Let me get this straight. Iran wants nukes to wipe their enemies off the planet. It would be suicide for Iran to carry out a first strike on it's enemies. Israel alone has over 200 nukes, the United States has over 5,000 nuclear weapons of some sort. So tell me again how Iran wants nukes to attack their enemies.
The only reason any country wants a nuke, is to keep from being invaded or messed with by neighboring countries or the United States. If Iraq had nukes, the US would of never invaded and destroyed that country infrastructure.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: lambros56

originally posted by: Timely

Because that's what I believe.

Why would you think Iran would build a nuke and use it...as opposed to any other country that actually has nukes ?

Sorry - please see my late edit ...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy

originally posted by: roadgravel

Is it really any different than our own aircraft and drones randomly blowing up groups of people?
We are propagandized into thinking that because our side blow people up, that they surely deserved it, because.... well..... we wouldn't just go kill innocent people.... would we?

Not much different.

Religious fanatics run that country and fanatics, to an extent, run the US. It's a real mess of death and destruction.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What could the UN do? The IAEA was not permitted access to some places because they were on military bases.
Every country's intelligence was saying that Iran was not building a bomb, even Israel's, so why does the average citizen believe it?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

It's pathetic that we need an agreement to prevent proliferation of the human race. ...and we consider ourselves a civilized society.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join