It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Says:I'm not anti-marriage equality, it’s a plan to make us ‘asexual humanoids’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Alex is an idiot. I stopped listening to his tripe a while back. I liked him for a while, but then I learned what game he was playing and promptly stopped paying attention.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
[SNIP]

But the world DOES accept them now. At least the United States does, and that is where the child is going to spend most of its childhood anyways.
edit on 7/14/2015 by kosmicjack because: removed quote of ill mannered content

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance
Are you really surprised? Alex Jones is a blithering idiot. Always has been, always will be.

Sometimes I got to think he's just a bundle of self satire. I mean, he can't be that crazy, can he?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Are you really surprised? Alex Jones is a blithering idiot. Always has been, always will be.

Sometimes I got to think he's just a bundle of self satire. I mean, he can't be that crazy, can he?

Yes. Yes, ha can be. Is, in fact. This is the guy who thinks everything, up to and including Taco bell's breakfast menu, are plot of The Plot To Take Over the World.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
Doesn't that actually make sense? why put children in a position to possibly doubt something they haven't even discovered about themselves yet?
No matter if you think homosexuality is natural or not, i think we can agree that it's unnecessary to have those sort of doubts.

Like it or not children are raised in a society, not a vacuum.

You cannot simply ignore the world around them, doing that results in psychologically damaged kids who are then unable to function in our world without spending a few hundred thousand $'s on therapy.

What is the alternative? Ignoring the world entirely? Lying to your kids about anything you personally don't understand? Ignoring their questions about the world around them and then attacking them for the decisions they make in their efforts to find out for themselves?

I've seen the results of that kind of lying and isolation, and it is NOT pretty.

Tell kids the truth, it changes nothing other than giving them a better understanding of the world around them. It doesn't harm them in any way to understand the society they live in, and the notion that it does is just the ignorance of idiotic parents who probably shouldn't have kids to begin with.

Education is not something to fear, how kids deal with that lack of education is certainly something to fear.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I've been saying that about Rush Limbaugh for years now...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

I agree. Too often people assume they can think for children or think they need to shield them from reality. That is so damn condescending to the kids that it isn't even funny. Children are only smaller people, they are 100% able to comprehend MANY things we can comprehend just fine. Even if they can't, exposing them to it earlier, just means that they will be able to comprehend it much quicker than if they were exposed to it later in life.

I used to hate being talked down to by adults when I was a kid.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
And as for Alex Jones, the man needs therapy.

Then again, I think he just knows his audience and he's refined how to get cash out of them.

He also seems to have moved on from paranoid teenagers angry and suspicious of the world around them to right-wing Christian nutters. He used to rant about how the evil government and NWO was about to take over, now he's moved on to right-wing fascist opinions about LGBT people, racism, religion and all the usual bs the Conservative Fundies like to get all bent out of shape about.

The guy is an idiot, but his audience is more idiotic for swallowing his tripe.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Why is everyone surprised?

I mean, it's been 6 decades since the civil rights era started and people, today, still have issues with interracial marriage.

This social environment of "immediate acceptance" is unrealistic.

You'll have this, others will protest, many won't ever like or agree with it for decades.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
This is the guy who thinks everything, up to and including Taco bell's breakfast menu, are plot of The Plot To Take Over the World.

That's true.

Have you had the chorizo's?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

When it comes to people like Alex I think there is a point in time when your character earns you so much money that you start exaggerating it to the point you become a caricature of yourself.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Think I'm putting a few Taco bell employees kids' through college lol

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Why is everyone surprised?

I mean, it's been 6 decades since the civil rights era started and people, today, still have issues with interracial marriage.

This social environment of "immediate acceptance" is unrealistic.

You'll have this, others will protest, many won't ever like or agree with it for decades.

I don't think anyone here is surprised that acceptance will take time.

More that Alex Jones seems to think there is a gay agenda linked to a space cult to turn children into asexual humanoids. Probably a plan from TPTB to naturally reduce the population and turn everyone into obedient metrosexuals.

Or something like that. (and even then, should we really be surprised that Alex spouts such crap?)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I agree. Too often people assume they can think for children or think they need to shield them from reality. That is so damn condescending to the kids that it isn't even funny. Children are only smaller people, they are 100% able to comprehend MANY things we can comprehend just fine. Even if they can't, exposing them to it earlier, just means that they will be able to comprehend it much quicker than if they were exposed to it later in life.

I used to hate being talked down to by adults when I was a kid.

Absolutely spot on.
The smartest kids I know are raised by parents who take the time to explain things to them. I have a relative with two young kids who are already reading beyond their years and far more intelligent than any other kids their age, and they're like that because their parents don't shy away from answering their questions about the world.

If their kids ask them something, they'll tell them, they'll explain it until everything is covered, they'll take a complex issue and sit down with them at the end of the day and fully explain the answer and all relevant tangents.

Kids constantly ask "why" for a reason. If you tell them something they'll usually follow that with "why?"

That's not because they want to annoy, or they didn't understand, it's because the answer they got doesn't include everything they need to know, there's no frame of reference, or it just doesn't make sense without all the other information to support it.

It really makes me angry when I see parents shutting down their kids when they're asking questions. It's bad parenting, they're incapable, and it's one of the reasons we need such a good education system and well-paid teachers able to do this.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Orifiel

Anyone who thinks "metrosexuality" is actually an alien conspiracy is nuts. But's it's a defense mechanism from accepting equality.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Yeah, doesn't really surprise me, considering the source. Jones took leave of "the deep end" long ago.

I find it hilarious that there's such a strong movement to assign some nefarious purpose to people simply wanting to live their lives as they choose. And it usually involves their desire to mess things up for someone else... Example: Gay people getting married is some evil scheme to wipe out the population, turn the world gay, rid of country of morals or dissolve Christianity! LOL! Like gay people have to have a REASON to want to make their own choices about their lives!

ACK! It's crazy-making!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

That's how my parents raised me. They talked to me like an adult from a very young age. That doesn't mean they cussed at me or anything, but they certainly respected my questions and didn't pretend like I was too young to understand something. Shutting down communication or talking down to your kids just breeds ignorance and contempt for learning.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
I find it hilarious that there's such a strong movement to assign some nefarious purpose to people simply wanting to live their lives as they choose.

And I find it hilarious that it's one of the defining traits of conspiracy theorists :p

"Rich people want a future where all the poor are slaves to the elite !". Uh, most rich people I know just want to be left alone, far from the noises of the plebs.

"Politician want to create a new world order to enslave humanity !". Uh, politicians just want to be re-elected for 5 more years because they need that power and influence to achieve the goal they chose.

"Industrials want to poison the earth and the population !". Uh, industrials just want to maximize their margins so some choose to cut down costs by disregarding health and environment impact.

"Gays want to force their agenda on society !". Yeah sure gays secretly dream of a world where everyone listens to Gloria Gaynor while sipping a Cosmopolitan.

It's really funny to see how much people project nefarious intents on those they dislike when in fact most human beings just want to live their life and not being bothered by others.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!

Whew! (wipes eyes) That was a GOOD one... Wait...

You mean he was serious???

o_0

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

(sigh)

- AB

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join