It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian weapon can zap satellites and switch off long range weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Russia is boasting a major advance in electronic warfare technology enabling Vladimir Putin’s armed forces to zap foreign military satellites, and “switch off” enemy weapons.

The new system will muzzle the guidance systems of Western cruise missiles and other high-precision arms

www.mirror.co.uk...

Wasn't such a device demonstrated on a US navy ship in Black Sea some time ago which caused bunch of sailors to retire. I remember reading this
edit on 14-7-2015 by LostAndFound2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LostAndFound2

No it wasn't. That was nothing but a Tactical bomber flying around a ship getting blown out of proportion.

This is similar to the Boeing CHAMP system that was demonstrated a couple of years ago. Currently it's the size of a vehicle.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LostAndFound2
Wasn't such a device demonstrated on a US navy ship in Black Sea some time ago which caused bunch of sailors to retire.

No, any valid source for the claim of retired sailors?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   

The link is either not working or doesnt say much at all .

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: LostAndFound2
Wasn't such a device demonstrated on a US navy ship in Black Sea some time ago which caused bunch of sailors to retire. I remember reading this

originally posted by: Zaphod58
No it wasn't. That was nothing but a Tactical bomber flying around a ship getting blown out of proportion.

As often, this is discussed on ATS :

Read Why the USS Donald Cook Crapped It's Pants and was 'gravely demoralized' in the Black Sea

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Russia can boast all they want but their deterioration continues to show. They got rockets falling out of the sky, and they just had a barracks collapse that killed 23 soldiers. They cant even keep a proper roof over their heads. Yet they have this monster tech available. Its all talk, smoke and mirrors.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrStyx
Russia can boast all they want but their deterioration continues to show. They got rockets falling out of the sky, and they just had a barracks collapse that killed 23 soldiers. They cant even keep a proper roof over their heads. Yet they have this monster tech available. Its all talk, smoke and mirrors.

True.
I think there was another thread yesterday about a Tu-95 crash.
I saw a story on the Internet recently touting Russia's 'War Machine' and one of the weapon systems referenced (in a short list) was the Bora class guided missile hovercraft. The list was supposed to be weapons that have the West shaking in their boots.
The entire fleet of Bora class hovercraft consists of TWO boats which were built in 1995.... and they are a coastal defense boat.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: MrStyx

I'm with you if enough people say it didn't happen then it didn't happen and the Russians aren't stupid why would they use a no so secret weapon and show it works that's just plain silly sure that would only act as a deterrent why oh why would Russia do that yeap never happened move alone people nothing to see here come on mods move this to lol or hoax or out of here quickly before people start believing this Putin loving propaganda

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Oh an instant useless trillion dollor military that will have them think twice. . . . .

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RyleeNator
never happened move alone people nothing to see here come on mods move this to lol or hoax or out of here quickly before people start believing this Putin loving propaganda

You're right! Who needs discussion anyways?

I love how you have 0 consideration for the fact that you could be wrong.

Smart.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

You seem like a logical poetic person if the incident happened I've no reason to douth it did I think you'll find it happened for the logical reasons in the first part of my statement which you omitted and for the reason posted below mine and you will find the part of my statement you did post is actually how things work around here deny ignorance ha pull the other one

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

never happened move alone people nothing to see here come on mods move this to lol or hoax or out of here quickly before people start believing this Putin loving propaganda

You're right! Who needs discussion anyways?

I love how you have 0 consideration for the fact that you could be wrong.

Smart.

Its probably very much true and just the tip of the iceberg to some of the stuff they must have. However this is a weapon system that renders other weapons that use eletricity useless looks like it could be something like a directed EMP which quite a few governments have. Its different in that it turns off equipment, dont know how it exactly works but if it can turn off ships, missles, space based platforms, or subs that would cause the US military to have to go back to the drawing board on everything, and I do mean everything.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I question when governments boast of their capabilities. We hear this a lot from North Korea. It's not really a smart military tactic to tell your enemies your capabilities. More often than not, it's used to scare the unknowing public and a way to try to boost their military position in the world. I would worry more about what the U.S. military is capable of considering the trillions of dollars they spend on black projects and military equipment in general.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

The new system will muzzle the guidance systems of Western cruise missiles and other high-precision arms, it is claimed.

Its Russian makers say it is a “fundamentally new electronic warfare system” which can be mounted on ground-based as well as air- and sea-borne carriers.

The system will target the enemy’s deck-based, tactical, long-range and strategic aircraft, electronic means and suppress foreign military satellites’ radio-electronic equipment.”
“The system will be used against cruise missiles and will suppress satellite-based radio location systems.

“It will actually switch off enemy weapons.”

Wow it looks like it will render all kinds of advanced technologies useless. . . .

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
In support of Russia developing cutting edge weapons that cant be nullified/ countermeasured by the US, maybe this is why their military Robotics program looks like it was done in a shed with a couple of students...

Don't develop any good technology as they know their superweapon will disable it anyway.....

Those crafty so and so's.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The US has had that ability for years now. I wouldn't worry about Russia playing "catch-up".

And I'm pretty convinced US has even surpassed those weapons by now too....

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

You seem like a logical poetic person if the incident happened I've no reason to douth it did I think you'll find it happened for the logical reasons in the first part of my statement which you omitted and for the reason posted below mine and you will find the part of my statement you did post is actually how things work around here deny ignorance ha pull the other one

Listen mate, I was just pointing out that you were trying to shut down a discussion based on your opinion, which is (imo) stupid. That's the part of your post I addressed and didn't quote the rest as it wasn't relevant to what I said.

And to top it all of, after trying shut down a discussion, you throw 'deny ignorance' out there lol, you cheeky chappie.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Vlad thinks the sun comes up just so everyone can hear him Crow .

" perhaps the less we have , The more we are required to brag "

John Steinbeck

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The tough guy at the bar is not the one who brags about being tough. Normally the louder someone talks about their capabilities, the less they actually have.

new topics

top topics

join