It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Deep Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Here is a site that lets you submit pictures which are then ran through some sort of algorithm to alter them. The results are... very strange, sometimes. Apparently computers dream, and they are obsessed with dogs for some reason.

Original pic:

Machine Dream:

Anyone recognize this one?

Reptilian Nixon?

Obviously saying the computer dreams is a bit sensationalist, it's just processing the image. But I was impressed by these bizarre and horrifying dreamscapes. You can't help but wonder if this is what a computer perceives as it takes it's first, stumbling steps trying to make sense of the world. Or is this what we see when we are newly born, before we learn how to filter the unending onslaught of stimuli?

Some of the pics are from somethingawful.com.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Cool. Very trippy.
When my kids were new born I often wondered what they were seeing. The way they looked at random things all wide eyed and sometimes filled with terror. lol It reminded me of the way it is on a certain substance. Maybe this is how they view the world around them for a short time. If so, i'm jealous.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Subnatural

Awesome imagery, i just tried to Deep Dream a pic on my desktop, says it could take up to a week to do. It gave me a link to check back later.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subnatural
Apparently computers dream, and they are obsessed with dogs for some reason.

It's obsessed with dogs because that particular site is coded to find dogs faces in random noise.

It can also be tweaked to find architectural feats or landscapes, like here for example. It's just a matter of telling the program what it musts look for

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

If he figures out what is "happening", then he can rise one notch and become "hip", and then if he can convince himself to approve of what is "happening", then he becomes "groovy". And then after that he can actually raise himself to the rank of "cool". He can become one of those... "cool guys".

-Fear and loathing in Las Vegas.

That's some seriously awesome art work. If it was honestly randomly generated by a computer, I'd have a whole lot to say about it, which would involve organic plants and probably violated T&C.

But I'm guessing the art work isn't all that random.

top topics

join