It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran nuclear deal reached

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
www.bbc.com...

According to the BBC, Iran has reached a deal to end sanctions and monitor (or not) its nuclear program.
Why anyone thinks this is going to work, is beyond me.

Aren't the sanctions in place because they didn't honor previous agreements? (Apparently not the case, thanks!)

Ah well, maybe we can sell them some weapons now, lord knows we need the economic boost. And if adding their petroleum products to the world market doesn't lower my gas prices nothing will.
edit on 14-7-2015 by Midnight4444 because: Letters and words

edit on 14-7-2015 by Midnight4444 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Midnight4444

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

It is all part of the plan . Enemy of my enemy is my friend kind of thing . The oil is a big bonus .

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
How is oil a bonus?
Oil has already fallen through the floor to around $50, meaning those global oil corporations are not making money

add another oil rich country and allow their oil into the mix, it will just drive prices down and put more of a glut on the market.. wouldn't it?

I think the world has realised that Israels fear mongering and war like attitude isnt the way forward and Iran are not that big a threat as they made them out to be.

Considering Iran is HELPING us fight ISIS more than anyone else is, maybe the republicans (GW Bush and co) were nothing but war mongers creating a Iran boogey man like they did Iraq??

Good for Persia, i hope they become the middle eastern super power!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Does this mean Bibi got his $200 million in weapons from the pentagon to protect Israel from Iran and their nefarious nuclear program which Iran says is peaceful but Israel (and other UN security council member countries) says could lead to the manufacture of nuclear weapons?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

How is oil a bonus?

I would have thought if you could kill Saudis monopoly on world oil prices that could only be a good thing . Plus if its cheap enough you arent using your own . You have to play the long game .

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I don't know if one should ever fully trust a theocracy, but the U.S. has allied with some truly terrible governments and leaders in the past. The folks in Iran wouldn't even make the top ten list.

There will be repercussions though, I'm sure the Israelis have their own opinion on the matter and they may take matters into their own hands if they feel pressed.

Ultimately, I think it is worth the risk, Iran is an educated society and can't be permanently stopped from producing power plants and Weapons without a massive military effort.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Exactly,

Sadly, I feel the incoming Republicans will just negate any deal made and put us back on a collision course.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Strewth

Does this mean Bibi got his $200 million in weapons from the pentagon to protect Israel from Iran and their nefarious nuclear program which Iran says is peaceful but Israel (and other UN security council member countries) says could lead to the manufacture of nuclear weapons?

I have no idea what we have given to the Israelis, but we may end up finding out

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Strewth

$200 Million? I am sure they wanted a helluva lot more than that for the Iran deal.

I am surprised there is actually a deal at all, seeing as some tried moving the goalposts several times, introducing (at Israels insistence) new and ridiculous conditions designed to scupper the talks.

I wouldn't put it past Israel and it's mad dog nutjob leader to pull some stunt though against Iran, expecting of course others to step in and protect them from any repercussions.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Aren't the sanctions in place because they didn't honor previous agreements?

No, but let us not let the truth get in the way of a good story.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

There is a question mark, not a period.
Please, give me the right info.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Yes I agree. It never will work out, but the west has to go down this route, so they can 'do the right thing' in giving Iran a chance to mend its ways, then when inspectors are chased away by Persians form nuke sites expect the wholesale total destruction of Iran by the powers that be in that good old Iraqification way. Russia can always be bought off by giving them more of Ukraine, nothing else will stop the Iraqification of Iran. Tehran has fallen into a trap here.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher

Aren't the sanctions in place because they didn't honor previous agreements?

No, but let us not let the truth get in the way of a good story.

So, you are in the Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran group thinking folks. Sorry, can't help you with that.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Yes I agree. It never will work out, but the west has to go down this route, so they can 'do the right thing' in giving Iran a chance to mend its ways, then when inspectors are chased away by Persians form nuke sites expect the wholesale total destruction of Iran by the powers that be in that good old Iraqification way. Russia can always be bought off by giving them more of Ukraine, nothing else will stop the Iraqification of Iran. Tehran has fallen into a trap here.

When did Persians ever chase away inspectors from "nuke" sites?
Sure, they requested clarification on some sites to be inspected, as is their right to do so if they feel it may harm their national security. But chase away inspectors? I don't think so!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Hopefully that will not be the case!
Attacking Iran would be bloody, messy affair and should be avoided if at all possible.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Strewth

How many countries has Iran invaded?
How many countries has Israel invaded?
When did Iran sign the NNPT?
When did Israel sign the NNPT?
How many nuclear weapons does Israel possess?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Midnight4444

I don't know if one should ever fully trust a theocracy, but the U.S. has allied with some truly terrible governments and leaders in the past. The folks in Iran wouldn't even make the top ten list.

There will be repercussions though, I'm sure the Israelis have their own opinion on the matter and they may take matters into their own hands if they feel pressed.

Ultimately, I think it is worth the risk, Iran is an educated society and can't be permanently stopped from producing power plants and Weapons without a massive military effort.

Isn't Israel a type of theocracy? Also, who's fault is it that the secular Iran was overrun by reformists that wanted the west out of their business? Also I remember that Iran signed the NNPT in 1970 and thus earned the right to process uranium at that time. Guess CNN/Fox must not have told you that one….

Also there is a sizable Jewish community in Iran which lives very peacefully within the Muslim community; try saying that about Israel.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
How is oil a bonus?
Oil has already fallen through the floor to around $50, meaning those global oil corporations are not making money

add another oil rich country and allow their oil into the mix, it will just drive prices down and put more of a glut on the market.. wouldn't it?

I think the world has realised that Israels fear mongering and war like attitude isnt the way forward and Iran are not that big a threat as they made them out to be.

Considering Iran is HELPING us fight ISIS more than anyone else is, maybe the republicans (GW Bush and co) were nothing but war mongers creating a Iran boogey man like they did Iraq??

Good for Persia, i hope they become the middle eastern super power!

You mean "again", right?
They've been a superpower for thousands of years & will hopefully regain their former glory. They were temporarily a Middle Eastern superpower as recent as under the Shah, as well. Either way, I trust Iran far more than I do Saudi Arabia so this deal is a good thing.

There's something else that people are ignoring here. Iran is set to join the SCO once these sanctions are fully lifted. This may be huge. The SCO, BRICS, and EEU (Eurasian Economic Union, not the Europe EU) are working together on so many joint ventures that it will soon be impossible to drive those countries apart. China's already agreed to build a $2 billion pipeline through Iran & Pakistan the Iran–Pakistan gas pipeline. I think this is the same pipeline that was supposed to include India, but India pulled out because of US pressure (and other concerns). But it will be interesting to see how many more projects like this are announced now.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Bibi will not be pleased.

Nope , not at all happy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join