It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowded Trains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
This is a youtube vid of a crowded train in Beijing with a population equivalent to the size of New York (approx 20 million).

crowded trains in India.

train stuffing in Yokyo

The general theme is "overcrowded train stations suck". I am seen some really nice rail systems, but when you overload it with people, it becomes a real malfunction. You thought Global Warming was bad... try it in a crowded train station or airport where they charge about
$6USD for a bottle of water.

Is this serious what the UN is planning to do here in the US?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mapsurfer_

The UN?

What does the UN have to do with over crowded trains?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Indeed... I'd say it has more to do with the fact that China and India are OVERPOPULATED.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

The Agenda 21 model is what I call a pod of highrise buildings with Bus and Rail Access only surrounded by wildlife land. So, that is what city planners are doing globally. They are to relocate people of rural areas into high density structures.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Over population has been an issue in China and India long before Agenda 21 was even dreamt of.

Did you know Sweden and Switzerland have fully integrated Agenda 21?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   

I take it you haven't ridden Amtrak lately... The trains in the U.S. are practically empty. And what the hell does the U.N. have to do with any of this?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   

No sorry I did not know Sweden and Switzerland was Agenda 21 but will look into that further. I was following this topic from the planning I hear they doing in Southern California by 2035. They are attempting to reduce footprint and increase the population density and along the way property owners are being forced off their land which is kind of a big deal.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

This is all down to a combination of things.

Population numbers - There are just too many people in a given area for the system to cope
Economic factors - People not being able to afford cars or able to gain work closer to home
Social attitudes - People not choosing to learn to drive, or not wanting to use other forms of transport
Infrastructure spending - Governments and corporations either not willing to spend on services or unable to do so
Privatization versus nationalization - Private companies using corrupt means to funnel profits out rather than invest, and governments refusing to invest where a private company might be driven to for increased profits.

In each country where you see this there are likely various factors involved too. India is entirely different to China, and China entirely different to London (which also gets incredibly crowded during rush hours).

People in China fled from the countryside to the cities to be able to work and they've seen massive growth in a relatively short time, meaning they haven't had the time or the foresight to invest in increased infrastructure.
People in India cannot find work in rural areas and all need to get one the one train on their failing system not updated since colonialism just to be able to get to a city.
People in London prefer to use the Tube rather than walk for half an hour, and the system has not kept pace with population demands.

None of this has anything to do with any global agenda, and it certainly has nothing to do with the UN.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

None of this has anything to do with any global agenda, and it certainly has nothing to do with the UN.

Well, it's on the UNECE web site. and on the Sustainable Development website.

I do agree with your combination of things and I get rail systems in the different countries and while things seem to work fine in lower density cities, while the more densely populated areas have bigger issues.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kojiro

Indeed... I'd say it has more to do with the fact that China and India are OVERPOPULATED.

Massively overpopulated is an understatement. It's amazing to see people getting stuffed into trains in Tokyo though.Just when you think you've seen everything.

In all honesty, I've never been on a train.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mapsurfer_

This is a youtube vid of a crowded train in Beijing with a population equivalent to the size of New York (approx 20 million).

New York City's population is less than 9,000,000.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: rhynouk

You should try it sometime. It's fun.

top topics

join