It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists unveil 24 new geoglyphs on Peru's Nazca Plateau

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
latino.foxnews.com...

NAZCA AP.jpg
A Nazca geoglyph. (AP Graphics Bank)
Japanese archaeologists have discovered 24 new geoglyphs on the Nazca Plateau in Peru that they say are similar to the animal shapes for which the region is famous – but were created two centuries earlier.

Archaeologists from the University of Yamagata in Japan made the discovery a mile north of the city of Nazca, in central Peru. The shapes are mostly geometrical, including a figure resembling a flame and other less recognizable representations.

According to a report submitted to the Peruvian government by the Japanese team, the newfound figures are smaller and less distinct than the older ones (a spider, a hummingbird, a condor and a monkey) but it would seem that some of the new ones depict llamas.

I've always had an interest in these. Giant glyphs drawn on the desert floor to....what? I know the theory about them being landing strips for alien ships and even heard they were indicators of water and where to find it. The current theory is that they are celestial pointers, made to indicate where the Sun and other planetary bodies rose and set during solstices.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
That's awesome, I lam very interested in the Nazca geoglyphs! I wish they would have included pictures of the new ones with the article, instead of just showing the hummingbird glyph that is already well known. Have you ever looked at them on Google earth? I had to look and look before I finally saw them, but once I did, I was so impressed by what a huge amount of ground they collectively cover. I have read that some are related to water sources and some to graves, as well as indicating solar/star alignments.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
At first I was wondering how these were overlooked just a mile north of the city but now I understand just how hard they are to see.
You can barely make out one of the llamas.

Here are more highlighted

edit on 13-7-2015 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Thank You for the pics. Pretty sloppy of the author not including pics of the new ones in the news article.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Nice job finding pics, thanks!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Great find. Can anyone sum up the theories as to how they were able to draw these? Ie techniques and tools?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
The current theory is that they are celestial pointers, made to indicate where the Sun and other planetary bodies rose and set during solstices.

Who's current theory ?
The Nazca Indians have been telling anyone who wants to listen that they are spirit paths, used for shamanic rituals. Which they still do today, sometimes they annoy the archaeologists with their drumming

Here is shaman Don Sergio about to start a ritual
www.infinite-life.eu...

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argosnaut
Great find. Can anyone sum up the theories as to how they were able to draw these? Ie techniques and tools?

They removed the stones and a little topsoil
its that simple

Details www.csicop.org...
edit on 14-7-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Argosnaut

They are arrangements of rocks which is why they are so delicate and easily damaged. There was a story recently about damage done by GreenPeace of all people in a recent stunt for recognition.www.wsj.com...

So this area is really very delicate. Preservation so far has been in the form of hands and feet off. It appears that these new lines have been disturbed and that's why they are incomplete and were missed.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Too me it looks more and more as the "Index" of earth.

The first landing place for star travelers, depicting all the kinds of stuff found on earth.

- Insects
- Birds
- Animals
- Chemicals and Materials
- Humanoids
- Etc

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

The pictures look like someone's made those glyphs recently.
I could probably push some rocks into the shape a horse or llama and declare it ancient.

But who knows it may be real, if so I would agree with Eartoccupant it seems like a directory or index of available resources.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
Too me it looks more and more as the "Index" of earth.

The first landing place for star travelers, depicting all the kinds of stuff found on earth.

- Insects
- Birds
- Animals
- Chemicals and Materials
- Humanoids
- Etc

I agree. I've always thought the Nazca Plateau is some kind of landing pad for early space visitors to our planet all those years ago.
The shapes are just amazing to look at. Something definitely went on there years ago. Just what that is we don't know.

new topics

top topics

join