It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New social network, Facebook alternative, Minds.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
There is a new social network picking up a bit of steam. It is called Minds.com and is completely open-source and encrypted. I figured a lot of people at ATS would enjoy it thoroughly.

It's currently filled with a lot of libertarian, anarchist, anti-establishment, Anonymous, conspiracy type folks.

Sorry if this has already been posted (I did do two quick searches) or if it isn't allowed for me to link to this for any reason.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
There is a new social network picking up a bit of steam. It is called Minds.com and is completely open-source and encrypted. I figured a lot of people at ATS would enjoy it thoroughly.

It's currently filled with a lot of libertarian, anarchist, anti-establishment, Anonymous, conspiracy type folks.

Sorry if this has already been posted (I did do two quick searches) or if it isn't allowed for me to link to this for any reason.

Seems like a perfect way to get on a government watch list.

Where do I sign up?

We watch YOU.

EDIT: Hit enter too early. That's pretty cool though. It's like Facebook except for informative and has political things? I think it's a good idea.
edit on 13-7-2015 by RomeByFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hi!

I'm so sick of facebook and all of the seflies of people i know. I already know what you LOOK like, now what do you THINK? Thanks a bunch, I'll be trying this out! Hope to see you there.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Easy. You sign up at Minds.com or get the free app.

Honestly, I heard about it on Infowars. Unlike Facebook, it is anonymous. You don't have to use you real name.

99% of everything I see on it is what people THINK.

It seems to be about bringing together our minds to actually DO something.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This sounds like a great idea to me, but then again I liked the idea of The Silk Road as well before the Feds shut it down. I am one of weird people that values their privacy and right to free commerce.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Sounds like a good alternative for those not wanting to use FB. Something like this needs to kill off FB, and bring people back to anonymity and privacy of the net-such as with this site. Would still say to remain cautious because a site data with a plethora of uncontrolled info may be of great value.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Only social media I use regularly is twitter, I get notifications from FB, but I rarely go on to browse the newsfeed, it's just full of advertisements, people complaining about current events, or posting fake, staged selfies and group pictures.
My girlfriend browses it probably three times a day, and she is also guilty of taking several pictures of herself and choosing the best looking one.. I just roll my eyes at her.

Thing is, facebook has a very good team of people for keeping up to date with what the latest trends are in social media, if not they create the trends. The smooth transition from a 'What am I doing right now' twitter / instagram style of social media to a sort of photo album was genius, people will post photos and life achievements on the site and will build a life long profile, 5 years down the road, would you abandon all that for a 'new' Myspace?

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

Joined up a few week ago have not used it much yet though.. it does seem good you can enccypt your messages on it..

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

top topics

join