It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Might Have All The Answers - But You Have to Show Your Work

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I've noticed a lot of people these days thinking that having "the best sources" to cite in a thread or in a conversation is all one needs to get a point across and change things for the better.. but i'm coming to realize that this just simply isn't the case..!

You'll notice is almost all of my threads i don't cite any sources as being my "source of inspiration", and this is because most of the time my "source" is my own mind distilling many different ideas and bits of info which i check and balance in the "laboratory in my head". No i'm not saying i'm just "smarter than the average joe" but rather i'm suggesting that because i often use this "mind-laboratory" and enjoy attempting to integrate seemingly "opposite" points-of-view, that i come up with results that are entirely tangent to many of the dichotomies and catch-22s that seem to so often stump other people.. comprehension and understanding is key to zeroing-in on Truth, instead of just regurgitating "facts" that one has heard from a "reliable source" and basing one's argument on that..

Truth is far more important than consistency..

it pains me to hear people who genuinely want to make a difference, feel stopped in their tracks because of things like a lack of money or thinking that "if _____ were possible, someone else (experts) would have already done it"..

More often than not, it is their self-imposed boundaries and their unwillingness to challenge their favorite theories, that leaves people feeling helpless and frustrated, and giving up on contributing ideas which could very well change our world for the better.

So! instead of just ranting and giving you all examples of this, I'd love to hear what problems everyone feels is unsolvable and perhaps we can all collaboratively brainstorm to at least identify where the root of these problems lie, and break the cycle of confusion.

More important than having all the right answers, is knowing how to ask the right questions!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The answer to most questions would honestly be "I don't know" for most people most of the time.
But when is that going to happen?
Careful, the next thought was an infinite loop.
Thank the Jesus for forgetfulness.
a reply to: HyphenSt1

edit on 13-7-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: HyphenSt1 Wow, people normally ask 'and your source?" I feel discrimination against minorities is bad. I feel bombing Palestinian people is bad,,the palestinians throw sticks, the israelis throw bombs and take more land for a sodastream factory. I feel that the US is not a christian or religious country.I feel gun rights are there, yet not limitless, nothing in the constitution says it is limitless. I don;t like republicans because they have historically been racist, against poor people and try to inject religion into laws. I feel that the police and mililtary gain more and more violent power. All that without sources.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: starswift
The answer to most questions would honestly be "I don't know" for most people most of the time.

Haha i agree with this! or at least to begin with. wipe the slate clean and then open oneself to all the possible answers and potential flaws in the question itself.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I was going to reply to you with something really good but I Googled for something to say and couldn't find any good links so I figured I would just let you know that I did some "work" but came up empty-handed.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ah, the Evidence Nazis. They come out of the woodwork just to discredit your ideas without really even engaging them at all. It's an effective way to dismiss and silence discourse in a positivist society.

If you have no Evidence, your ideas are invalid. If you do have Evidence, and this Evidence supports an unpopular conclusion, then it is the source of that Evidence which will be deemed unacceptable.

It is not truly Evidence unless it is their Evidence.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm not even interested most of the time, in your "evidence', more interested in sharing my "experiences".

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The problem I would like to do is build a time viewer but don't have a clue where to start lol.
Time_viewer

Than we could wright the true history of the world.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
No reflection, no answer.

edit on 13-7-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

But when is that going to happen?
Careful, the next thought was an infinite loop.
Thank the Jesus for forgetfulness.

You will probably have the response "I know all the answers yet no one cares to ask the right questions and when I randomly answer its to the wrong person for the wrong query and everyone else is asleep".....God.

edit on 14-7-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I've noticed a lot of people these days thinking that having "the best sources" to cite in a thread or in a conversation is all one needs to get a point across and change things for the better.. but i'm coming to realize that this just simply isn't the case..!

Bologna !!! I like everyone's contribution and I don't care how they choose to do it, via a source or not. If we start policing and putting boundaries on what makes a thread good then we take out the individuals ideas of what they felt was good about their own thread. Maybe I like it, maybe I don't. That is my choice, just as it is theirs to do how they see fit, within the T&C's of course so we can all live here happily together.

That is what makes ATS special imo.

leolady

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't have an answer, but that if I have an answer it's that I don't have an answer and that is the answer that I answer.
Even when there was no question.
Always answer the question you want answered or question the question you want questioned.
And answer to no one, because no one will answer.
a reply to: vethumanbeing

edit on 14-7-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Language is over rated.
a reply to: Unity_99

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: HyphenSt1 Wow, people normally ask 'and your source?" I feel discrimination against minorities is bad. I feel bombing Palestinian people is bad,,the palestinians throw sticks, the israelis throw bombs and take more land for a sodastream factory. I feel that the US is not a christian or religious country.I feel gun rights are there, yet not limitless, nothing in the constitution says it is limitless. I don;t like republicans because they have historically been racist, against poor people and try to inject religion into laws. I feel that the police and mililtary gain more and more violent power. All that without sources.

Well, you are laying out a set of opinions, which are always open to healthy debate. That's different from attesting to something as a fact. Facts require evidence behind them.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

So, very very true, the evidence is their evidence and they pull the evidence card mostly when its the only evidence available because they've made examination of other evidence so politically incorrect and self destructive that no one even bothers anymore for fear of committing professional suicide.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You'll notice is almost all of my threads i don't cite any sources as being my "source of inspiration"

Not all external information that is cited is the "source of inspiration" for others. I sometimes provide a link that backs up my own Gnosis or mirrors my own insight and life experiences to date. I see that others often do this as well. I also acknowledge that some people allow external information to be their only source of inspiration and knowledge.

...this is because most of the time my "source" is my own mind distilling many different ideas and bits of info which i check and balance in the "laboratory in my head".

Yes, it's called being introspective and I like to believe the majority of people are as well. Many people have weighed life experiences empirically and speak from this place of knowing. I acknowledge as well that many people do not.

Q: How can you tell which is which...? (Scroll down for the answer at bottom)

No i'm not saying i'm just "smarter than the average joe" but rather i'm suggesting that because i often use this "mind-laboratory" and enjoy attempting to integrate seemingly "opposite" points-of-view, that i come up with results that are entirely tangent to many of the dichotomies and catch-22s that seem to so often stump other people..

It's interesting that there are people in this world who are greatly capable of possessing critical thought to the point of trumpeting their own intellectual prowess.... and yet, despite this, continue to lead an ordinary daily commuting existence that is not anywhere remotely close to their idealistic lifestyle they once dreamed.

How can one be so rich in intelligence within their own mind that produces talents such as:

i'm suggesting that because i often use this "mind-laboratory" and enjoy attempting to integrate seemingly "opposite" points-of-view, that i come up with results that are entirely tangent to many of the dichotomies and catch-22s that seem to so often stump other people..

... and yet so thought poor when it comes to leading a life of ultimate fulfillment within the world? In other words: How come some people do not walk the talk...?

You see my friend?

The life one has experienced and all they have attracted into their life to date, is the composite of all that one thinks and believes about themselves and the world around them (perspective). If one wants to know what somebody truly believes about life and themselves beyond their self professed ability to "resolve dichotomies" in life, all one needs to do is simply look at the life they have manifested so far for themselves. Look beyond their words and see how truly introspective they have been...

That's how you tell which is which.

More important than having all the right answers, is knowing how to ask the right questions!

I agree. Yet, the questions are far more important than the answers...

edit on 14-7-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I don't have an answer, but that if I have an answer it's that I don't have an answer and that is the answer that I answer.
Even when there was no question.
Always answer the question you want answered or question the question you want questioned.
And answer to no one, because no one will answer.
a reply to: vethumanbeing
That is the correct answer maybe; (apparently close) to a good enough explanation. Works for me.

top topics

join