It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

..WebCams in your area...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hi Peeps,

Ahhh...the joy of being an internet voyeur

Just been surfing the net looking at webcams set up at various cities, landmarks etc around the globe...quite interesting to see what other places look like.

Heres one set up downtown in my own city...Wellington, New Zealand:

COURTNEY PLACE

It refreshes every couple of seconds and is situated on a street called Courtney Place, which is the local 'party-strip' with bars, clubs, diners etc etc.

Just through the traffic lights, and off to the right, is a three-storey old style cream-coloured building...that is the Embassy Theatre, which has held the NZ premieres of both Lord of the Rings movies...and will (fingers crossed) hold the World Premiere of the 3rd installment, Return of the King.

Wing-Nut Productions (SFX group who did the props etc for LotR) set up a HUUUGE Cave Troll on the entrance veranda for 'Fellowship of the Ring'. For 'Two Towers', they set up a giant Gollum on top of the building, reaching over and down to a large revolving giant gold ring. For 'Return of the King', I have heard that they will be setting up a giant Shelob (Giant Spider).

So when 'Return of the King' rolls around, you can watch the opening ceremonies LIVE!

At the bottom right of the picture, next to the Pedestrian Crossing, is a 'notice-pole', where people paste posters etc etc...I'm HIGHLY tempted to climb that one day and spray paint ATS ROCKS on that 'weather covering' at the top...

Another webcam I visit regularily during the day is:

LAKE TAUPO

...which is the area I grew up in. This cam however only refreshes every few minutes between sunrise and sunset...so outside those times ya only see the last shot till morning rolls around. But the cam is faced out over Lake Taupo and towards a group of majestic mountains, which are crowned with snow this time of year and are so very beautiful to behold. Its currently night-time here in NZ...9.45pm, so the Taupo one is just gonna be pitchblack till morning.

SO...Anyone got any links to webcams in their area??? Post them up...would love to see where everyone lives.

Peace,
ALIEN

[Edited on 7-6-2003 by alien]

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Seattle Cam

Heres some webcams from Seattle.

The one in Pikes market never works, because all the junkies and riff raff that gather there after dark either keep shooting them out or damaging them. Besides, Pikes market is nothing to look at anyway

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
The one in Pikes market never works, because all the junkies and riff raff that gather there after dark either keep shooting them out or damaging them.

...shooting them out?? Dang...

*mental note to self: If ever in Seattle, stay the HELL outa Pikes Market*

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
here's one looking from the tower of a local TV station: Southfield, MI
here's one looking at downtown Detroit: Downtown

and this one is at the top of a landmark tower on Michigan State University's campus, my school
: MSU

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You can download this and get quite a few different camera views across the nation. The forecasts suck though.

weatherbug.com...

top topics

join