It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Annual parades of bigotry and hatred in belfast. Prepare for riots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Hi

Being from this area and from a nationalist background I thought it would be a good idea to post a live stream of the current 12th of July parades and the violence that is inevitable.
A small background is as follows:
Every year on the 12th of July the unionist communities partake in erecting huge bonfires and parading. The bonfires this year were pretty massive with local houses having to be evacuated or removed by police. Quite surreal the police moving the victims instead of demanding the removal of illegal fires...but this is the norm.
On the 12th the unionist communities March to remember king Billy and all that jazz. Added to the mix the celebration and burning of political figures and the wearing of KKK costumes along....

Annual parades of bigotry and hatred in belfast. Prepare for riots 😡

edit on Wed Nov 8 2017 by Jbird because: removed smilie from title

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

....with the nazi uniforms and flags and we have a lovely display. Oh add in alcohol and drugs and here we go. For the last few years these parades have been prohibited from marching certain routes due to the violence. Anyway we look to be at the end of the parades and now comes the riots.

It's a terrible sight to see the human species fall to the level of some of these people. The gang mentality seems to kick in and people forget about reality. For example last year a young man openly attacked the police line with a samurai sword.

live video

Here is an example of the 12th
example
edit on 13-7-2015 by liteonit6969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Can't say what I'd like really.

Up The RA!

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

And somewhere a smart man plans how to use this piss and vinegar.

Fascism is the worlds most popular and profitable team sport.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

"As a Nationalist", you would obviously see it like that.

The Nationalists behaved no better when they blew English pubs up and bombed the British Government in the Brighton hotel, etc. The British behaved no better when they shot everyone up on Bloody Sunday. Just more of the same patriotic crap, what ever side.

It is people that make all this crap happen by allying themselves with "The Cause" or causes. Little tribes of monsters who put politics before human life. In the past both paramilitary Loyalist Unionists and IRA Nationalists have committed atrocities as bad as IS today. IS has a cause, too. All these causes that use brutality and terrorism to achieve their clique objectives add up to a scourge on the human race. Same in Africa where the War Lords terrorise everybody.
edit on 13-7-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Yes I'm from a nationalist BACKGROUND. Not where I am today. I see the political here living the good life while keeping the people separated by anger. A bit like dogs. The people from the working class areas have not investment in their areas yet will still blame the other side for their problems.
This is what is being deployed in the rest of the world. Divide through senseless war and control.

Just an update at one of the parades a man reversed accidentally colliding with 10 people. It sounds serious. Again drugs and alcohol are said to be the cause. Another sad situation.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Im from Glasgow, which can at times be like a mini Belfast, and I think everyone needs to come into the 21st Century. Theres no place in modern society for any of this. The Orange walks and the Republican marches in Glasgow are both as bad as each other, and to the idiots who insist on Up the RA..get a life.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gdt26
Living in what is probably the most sectarian area of Glasgow, I get to see the antics on a regular basis. What they fail to grasp is that the whole thing is another tool to keep the idiots entertained. Something along the lines of my dog and a new ball......

For the most part both 'sides' are clueless and simply follow the pack, no doubt some Heid-the-Baw is steering things to a degree, but in the real plan they are of little consequence.

At some point people will come to realise that there is only one apartheid.............MONEY!
And its nothing to do with religion, colour or creed....thats just another dog toy.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well there wasn't much trouble this 12th
oh dear wat will yous poor nationalists complain about now!!

And yes I'm from Belfast...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have a theory about this. About destructive and constructive culture, and I believe that this particular loyalist culture is inherently exclusionary, triumphilist and sectarian. This isn't a country of just protestants and catholics, loaylists and nationalists anymore. We have indian sikhs, iranian jews, australian muslims, people from everywhere and they feel, on this particular day of the year, threatened.

It's no secret that racist attacks go largely unchecked in loyalist areas of Belfast, by both police and politicians, as they are hard to prove, and foreigners aren't gonna vote DUP anyway. I've lived in a student area just off the village, and have personally witnessed the "whites only" spray painted on houses after people have been forced out.

This pride that we feel, as british people in northern ireland, is totally misplaced. We rejoice in the tiumph of a conquerer some 325 years ago, and are largely ignorant of the history of and the politics of the time, just as we are of them now. We haven't a clue actually, there are 5 israeli flags on my street, below the union flag. What the hell is that all about, are we just so indoctrinated to hate catholics that we have to hate anything that resembles the conflict at home? Do we support Israel because at least that position justifies our own murderous history?

I wouldn't be so annoyed, but we're teaching this to our kids. "We hate them coz they're tryin to take away our britishness." No, our britishness is something that Britain left behind long ago, I've never seen a band march around a church in London, singing songs about killing them. Unless it was the EDL acting asshats around a mosque, and we really shouldn't aspire to them. We let idiots like Jamie Bryson represent us, a kid who I'd stake my left nut hasn't picked up a book in his life.

I walked down the Lisburn road to go to work today, as I have every 12th of July for the last 5 years, and heard the same old garbage. "Knee deep in fenian blood" is a popular lyric, with buckfast in one hand and a baby in the other. Passing the bile to the new generation. This isn't about celebration of culture. This is an excuse to be a bigot for a day.

As a contrast, I was invited to a Feile festival (I think it's called that) last year, and I swear it was a new atmosphere. Genuine celebration, barely a tricolour in sight, not one mention of "the brits" or "the ra". Just a celebration of people who are comfortable in their own skin. it was refreshing.

new topics

top topics

join