It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New evidence from radar operators at Wattisham airfield confirms RAF Bentwaters sighting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Thanks TG...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I talked to John Burroughs about this like maybe 4 years ago and he at the time seemed to think Electro Magnetic Radiation would have been used to somehow make us open our minds while perhaps holograms were shown.

-Member: LaPlume

Oops ( I made a big oops, I'll esplain later).

edit on 15-7-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
a reply to: The GUT

Thanks TG...

I talked to John Burroughs about this like maybe 4 years ago and he at the time seemed to think Electro Magnetic Radiation would have been used to somehow make us open our minds while perhaps holograms were shown.

-Member: LaPlume

Oops ( I made a big oops, I'll esplain later).

Sorry to sidetrack but did LaPlume offer up any observations on the craft/hologram he saw?
Read his post on that link and can't seem to see anything...

ETA: According to this

"Cigar shaped form", "3 football fields long".
Interesting.

edit on 15-7-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2015 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Looks like the BBC have updated information.

Rendlesham UFO 'controlled by mothership'

13 July 2015 Last updated at 17:25 BST

A former deputy commander says an unidentified flying object reportedly seen over Rendlesham Forest in 1980 may have been controlled by a "mothership".

Speaking during a trip to Suffolk, Col Charles Halt also said had statements from radar operators at RAF Bentwaters and nearby Wattisham airfield, saying that an unknown object was tracked in December, 35 years ago.

Col Halt, 75, claimed the object was seen by himself and base security staff.

www.bbc.co.uk...

More snippets of information are coming out quite rapidly.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FireMoon

MM, there was a bright meteor, then again there is pretty much on any clear night almost world wide. As for a comet though, not a chance in hades, comets *hairy stars*, are visible for days, weeks and some times months. I been into astronomy since I was a small kid and do take umbrage when people appear on TV talking about "bright meteors" when they are pretty common place and mostly last less than a couple of seconds. It's verging on intellectual dishonesty to drag the meteor excuse out as often as it is in fact, it's on a par with Ridpath prating on about mistaking Sirius for a UFO

I will humbly have to admit I misread the original information and it is only right to correct that.

I didn't intent to mislead anyone and so I will apologise for my error and correct myself by showing the source article. A comet was spotted that night but it appears to bear no relation to the incident.

This clipping is taken from the Jan 1981 edition of New Scientist Magazine

But please Firemoon I hope you don't think I'm in league with a certain Mr. Ridpath?

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EasternRadar

One bit of info I didn't know although somewhat sketchy came from Halt who said he heard that a female security police Sgt saw something on second night and she allegedly threw down her rifle and fled scene. No name given but he did say she now lived in Italy and would not talk about the case. For the record he stressed this encounter was what he was told not what he witnessed.

Yes that story comes from the mysterious second night.

What many people, including Col. Halt, for a time were unaware of was that the incident began on Christmas Night and continued for 3 nights.

1) The first night was the Penniston, Burroughs (plus Ed Cabansag) excursion into the forest.
2) The second night (Boxing day night) the Shift Commander, Lt. Bonnie Tamplin, had been relieved of her duty because her vehicle stalled and a strange blue ball of light flew through it. Radio contact was lost for a short time and she was so traumatised by it all when she returned to base that she was told to go home.

3) 27th Dec to early AM 28th Dec 1980. This was the night Halt and Larry Warren tell their stories about.

If you want sources I can probably dig them out. But at present little is know about that part of the incident and to my knowledge Bonnie Tamplin has never spoken about it.

ETA : Actually there is a bit more from the second night. Another low key witness Lori Buoen was on guard duty in the East Gate guard shack. She was looking north where she saw a fiery, orange-red sphere move over and then slowly down below the treeline of Rendlesham Forest.
edit on 15/7/15 by mirageman because: ETA

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Steve La Plume did contribute to this site a number of years ago and went into some detail about his time at the Twin Bases. His sighting was not part of the three nights in Dec 1980 and occurred in mid-January of 1981.

Starting Here : www.abovetopsecret.com...

He also gave a very rare appearance speaking about the incident back in his home town Massachusetts in 2014.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Haha...no I can;t see you and Ridpath sharing a rostrum any time soon. There is a serious point here though and it's this. Because of what I do and my family background I learned the hard way from an early age to be damned careful about what you say to the media and that includes appearing in documentaries. The band I was part of were interviewed by a national musical paper and it was one that lasted several hours. I answered a direct question in a very detailed manner then, when the interview appeared in print, my long and detailed reply had been edited down to single sentence"Yeah, we'd love to make it big".....

So OK< the mere frippery of that sort of interview means not that much however, with Ufology it is different and I believe it is beholden to those taking part in documentaries to make sure that their contributions are fairly edited or they should demand to have their content withdrawn, so as not to mislead the public.

At the time of the Rendlesham Forest incident astronomers were wholly of the opinion that other planets around other stars were probably quite rare. The reasoning for this was seemingly logical as well. Over fifty percent of all stars exist in binary, trinery and more systems. The reasoning was and it was seen as purely logical only 35 years ago that, the intense changes in the gravitational pulls from two stars in relative close proximity would prevent any planets from forming and if they did they would only last a brief time before being ripped within a very short time period. Well here we are 35 years on and we now know for certain that that is completely wrong and that stable planetary systems around binary stars are actually very common. In fact, I remember several astronomers dismissing out of hand, the idea we might be being visited by aliens from Sirius primarily, because Sirius is a binary star system. At the time, I was of the same opinion, unlike many of those astronomers I am quite happy to stand up and say "Got that one big time didn't we"

The majority of visible meteors are caused by particles ranging in size from about that of a small pebble down to a grain of sand, and generally weigh less than 1-2 grams. Those of asteroid origin can be composed of dense stony or metallic material (the minority) while those of cometary origin (the majority) have low densities and are composed of a “fluffy” conglomerate of material, frequently called a “dustball.” The brilliant flash of light from a meteor is not caused so much by the meteoroid’s mass, but by its high level of kinetic energy as it collides with the atmosphere. Meteors enter the atmosphere at speeds ranging from 11 km/sec (25,000 mph), to 72 km/sec (160,000 mph!). When the meteoroid collides with air molecules, its high level of kinetic energy rapidly ionizes and excites a long, thin column of atmospheric atoms along the meteoroid’s path, creating a flash of light visible from the ground below. This column, or meteor trail, is usually less than 1 meter in diameter, but will be tens of kilometers long. The wide range in meteoroid speeds is caused partly by the fact that the Earth itself is traveling at about 30 km/sec (67,000 mph) as it revolves around the sun. On the evening side, or trailing edge of the Earth, meteoroids must catch up to the earth’s atmosphere to cause a meteor, and tend to be slow. On the morning side, or leading edge of the earth, meteoroids can collide head-on with the atmosphere and tend to be fast.

So, the slowest meteorite is moving is at almost 7 miles a second. Now how long do you think you really get to view one, from horizon to horizon moving at it's slowest? A few seconds at best and that's meant to be mistaken for a slow moving/hovering object is it? So why is it , you have to ask yourself, do astronomers constantly bang on about people mistaking them for UFOs?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Sorry to sidetrack but did LaPlume offer up any observations on the craft/hologram he saw?

Just to follow up a bit more on this. Steve La Plume did comment on his sighting here.

Airman Palmer and I stood there and talked about he light house in the background and thought it ridiculous that they would have mistaken that for a UFO over their heads Later that evening when we had our sighting I will say this if it is a light house I saw then it uplifted off its base and flew over my head, directly over my head and then flew off to the south and went into the stars never to be seen again. Yet the light house does not show signs of ever being uplifted off its base does it? Again I can not speak for what those guy saw that night but the night I saw this craft it was perfectly over my head causing me to look up and craning my neck backwards...NOT a light house! I saw a structured craft of some sort with multiple colored lights.

Link : ATS Post by LaPlume

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I have had co-workers who were based at RAF Bentwaters during the incident, one of whom became my assistant at Travis AFB, CA. They confirmed the UFO in the forest had nothing to do with a lighthouse, which cannot be seen from the East Gate anyway. The lighthouse also has a back-shield that prevents a beam of light from reaching the East Gate, and that in addition to the fact that any light from the lighthouse would have been blocked by the thick forest even without the lighthouse back-shield and I have posted photos that proved the lighthouse cannot be seen from the East Gate. There were other UFOs in the sky and this was not the first time UFOs were seen over the general area. One very good case involved the Lakenheath UFO encounter in 1956 where interceptors were scrambled. Here is a link.

www.ufoevidence.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join