It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently the US carried out a US B61-12 nuclear bomb test Today .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
This gives grounds to believe that the test was conducted in order to examine the possibility of using the B61-12 atomic bomb by NATO fighter-bombers stationed in Europe.”

test? examined? even though it was designed to be used on such aircraft? that makes no logical sense to test something that's been in service since 1968 for that exact purpose...

smells like russian propaganda, every time they do something they always find a way to make us the instigator and people believe it every time.

posted on May, 4 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Nickn3

One of the nuclear weapons accidents was a US Navy A-4E that went over the side of the Ticonderoga off Okinawa, with a nuclear weapon, and pilot on board, while it was being moved near the elevator. Nothing was recovered, since it sank in water that was 16,000 feet deep.

I wonder what the water pressure would do to a nuke at those depths - I don't quite understand the mechanics of how a nuke works but I would bet it would just render it useless.

www.atlasobscura.com...

posted on May, 12 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I believe the core was removed and therefore the weapon was completely inert.

a reply to: Kapusta

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

It does when you add a GPS guidance system and need to make sure it works.

posted on May, 13 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Tokoyami
They have what's called a "shape". Visually and mechanically you can't tell it from a live weapon, except that there are no radioactive components. They probably dropped one of those.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: FamCore

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Nickn3

One of the nuclear weapons accidents was a US Navy A-4E that went over the side of the Ticonderoga off Okinawa, with a nuclear weapon, and pilot on board, while it was being moved near the elevator. Nothing was recovered, since it sank in water that was 16,000 feet deep.

I wonder what the water pressure would do to a nuke at those depths - I don't quite understand the mechanics of how a nuke works but I would bet it would just render it useless.

www.atlasobscura.com...

Would never happen the weapon was safed and there are several levels of failsafes that can not be inadvertently detonated (at least not a nuclear detonation) even if the conventional explosives went off they would not have the precise timing needed and would just be a “dirty bomb” spreading the fissionable material.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join