It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Native American Spirituality - The Great Spirit & The Tower of Babel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think many people misunderstand polytheism.

If example, in The Abrahamic Religions and The Zoroastrian Religion, there is one God, the spirits that serve God called "servants" or "messengers/angels" and the evil one and the spirits that follow the evil one.

In Egyptian polytheism, for example, there is one supreme God - The King of The Gods (called "Amun-Ra"), and all other gods are under the authority of The King. In polytheism there is The King of The Gods and then the lesser gods under his authority. In the Abrahamic religions, there is one supreme God and the lesser gods are "angels" who serve God The King of The Heavenly Kingdom or "fallen angels/unclean spirits" who follow the evil one.

The difference seems to be the choice of words, "gods" who serve their "King God" or not, in polytheism or, "angels/demons" who serve their "King God" or not, in monotheism.

There are many similarities between the many different religions.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Thank you for adding that.

The Native Americans have many stories that start with a creator. In the NA traditions many believe the Angels, Sky People, Aliens, Ant People, were physical beings, like the Angels who visit several times in the OT and NT.

I think the various Native American creation stories contain many metaphors for the Angels that have been mistaken as extraterrestrial.

Of course Alien Theory pops up in almost all the religious texts if you believe the Angels were Alien.

The majority of material for the show Ancient Aliens comes from the spiritual stories surrounding creation from the various tribes of people around the globe. I believe the show Ancient Aliens is one of the most Spiritual shows on TV.

When you understand the Metaphors, you find even stories about Ant People and Sky Beings contain the same basic spiritual story.
edit on 15-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join