It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we banned the confederate flag then all flags of hate should be banned.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
there are many flags of hate today and they to need to be banned from public display not just the Confederate Union Jack.

ISIS flag

the Nazi flag

the Black Panthers flag

Farrakhan Nation of Islam Flag

The Red Star on Green flag that represent Che.

the Gay Rainbow flag

Ah and you minus well add to that the American flag.

Just to name a few

All of the groups behind these flags represent hatred and racial bigotry, towards people of color, gender, and Religions.

edit on 13-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Do any of those flags fly on public buildings? That's where the flag is being banned, and some retailers no longer sell it. You can still buy the flag and fly it on your property all day.

These flag threads...
edit on 13-7-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I am tell you all this.

More people in this country, and around the globe hate the American flag, and think it's a symbol of hatred, and oppression.

Than the confederate flag,nazi flag etc.

No flag should be banned though. That is to nazish book burning style.

Gotta get rid of things a particular political party hates. Because it reminds them they were on the wrong side.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It just should not fly on federal buildings, but other than that anyone can have one, I don't see how that is a ban in the first place.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It is not about displaying them it is the sale and use of them just like the media did with the confederate flag.

These flags are for sale at walmart but no longer the confederate flag.

Double standards and hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

the media should be quick to condemn all the flags mentioned not just from flying but from sales at stores and other public displays just as they did the Confederate flag, that is the point.

If they would bring out the issue on the Confederate flag then bring out the issues on these other flags.

By the way the rainbow flag did and is flown at govt buildings.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I was thinking the other day that a white flag could be offensive to people who find surrendering not an option....

This flag stuff is awful...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
My knowledge of American history is rather superficial...can anybody explain why is this flag a hate flag ?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

No flags are being banned from public display. They have only taken the Confederate flag off of the state building in Charleston. You are still allowed to display the Confederate flag privately though.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

It is not about displaying them it is the sale and use of them just like the media did with the confederate flag.

Prove to me that you can buy an ISIS flag at Walmart.

But regardless, Walmart is a private company, they can sell whatever merchandise they damn well want to sell. Would you rather force them to sell the Confederate flag instead?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Some businesses choose not to sell them any longer, so what? It's their right. Does Walmart sell the KKK flag, Nazi Flag, etc?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
My knowledge of American history is rather superficial...can anybody explain why is this flag a hate flag ?

From the perspective of not being American, yet growing up watching mostly American tv, I always thought of the confederate flag as just a white trash or hick symbol, lol.

Kind of harmless, I suppose... but still pretty stupid that a government entity would use it.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Well, slavery and racism existed under the stars and stripes before, during, and after the Civil War. After the 13th Amendment, there were still Jim Crow laws and the like. Far longer than the Confederate flags flew.

Native Americans can rightly see the stars and stripes as a symbol of racial hatred and genocide.

Every Central and South American country that was turned into a banana republic for the financial interests of US corporations can also see the US flag in a negative light.

There are many more examples.

Edit to add: I assumed by "this flag" you meant the stars and stripes.
edit on 13-7-2015 by VictorVonDoom because: clarification

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Is the rainbow flag flown permenatlty or just a few times?

I'm sorry you think the rainbow flag stands for hate, very twisted view of reality imo.

The other flags you listed are not sold or flown in this nation by any but a very view that do so behind closes doors.
Just like you can do with the Confederate flag.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Thanks for the comment. Your knowledge of us history is even worse than mine

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If we ban a flag we should have this discussion. Since no flag has been banned this seems an exercise in futility.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

These flags are on sale at Wal-Mart?

ISIS flag

the Nazi flag

the Black Panthers flag

Farrakhan Nation of Islam Flag

The Red Star on Green flag that represent Che.

the Gay Rainbow flag

Firstly, the only flag from your list I see on the Wal-mart website is a rainbow flag (and how is that a "flag of hate" exactly?) There are plenty of state flags based on Confederate flags (Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, etc) however.

Secondly, and more importantly, flags aren't being "banned" — certain nationwide retailers have made a business decision to stop selling them.

What are you views on misinformation, lies and hyperbole?
edit on 2015-7-13 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ban the Union (British) Flag aka The Butchers Apron, as it was under that flag the slaves were brought to the Americas in the first place. I spit in it''s general direction.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Like how all the hubbub is about the Confederate Battle flag, and not the actual Confederate States flag.

Its also interesting that the battle flag is often referred to as the "Rebel Flag". I have to wonder if this is part of the movement to get rid of symbols that represent rebellion by TPTB.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Flags are like tattoos, they try to say something to somebone staring at them...................They do my head in, Ban all flags and all tattoos please

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join