It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of the Walking Dead Trailer

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I am so looking forward to this!

My favorite part of any zombie flick is the actual outbreak, and seeing how things go south.
I really hope this lives up, and this trailer seems to show it will.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok
I always thought this was the series(or miniseries) they should have done first. Should be a wild ride.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Very cool Gazrok. It will be hard to top the Walking Dead show but the idea is supposed to be it is the same outbreak on the west coast. If it is to be a success they must concentrate on the character development just as they did in the Walking Dead. Make it about survival, and what mankind is capable of when society breaks down, not just a bunch of zombies running around attacking people. We saw in Walking Dead the characters we knew as the heroes go over to the dark side because of the strain and pressure such an event would put on even the bravest of the brave. The idea of Zombies is ridiculous but the idea of how normal everyday people would act under such extraordinary circumstances is fascinating.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
im so over anything to do with the walking dead.

so this is supposed to be about what happened before the outbreak except in the trailer we already see zombies.

so, it is the walking dead again. maybe with fewer zombies.??

lame

the best thing about the walking dead was merle

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Are we now going to be treated to the phrase about society ending quickly everywhere too?

Could people just stop turning stuff into patterns. Just because something sounds cool doesn't mean you have to rip it off.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I do wish they wouldn't region lock this stuff so people outside the USA can't see it.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I cannot even begin to articulate how f**king excited I am about Fear the Walking Dead. 99% of zombie/apocalyptic movies take place AFTER the SHTF scenario. To get to see it unfold is going to be such a unique experience.

Plus, zombies are the only creatures from the horror genre that can legitimately scare me. My stomach is always in knots the day leading up to the newest episode of The Walking Dead.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Just use a proxy website to view it. Takes a minute more to do, but then you can see it!

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
An important factor to keep in mind about the comic version of The Walking Dead is, Kirkman knew that original zombie apocalypse breakout stories had been done to death(haha) already in the media and wanted to portray the story of what comes after.

Specifically from the viewpoint of one man's (Rick) descent into the more primal nature of ourselves as he was faced with the horrors that occur after such an event. That other, living humans would pose just as dangerous of a threat, if not more-so than the undead monsters roaming the world.

Now, being that zombie apocalypse breakout themes are classically much more enticing to watch(Or are they? The series is pretty damn successful), it's simply irresistible to showcase the beginning of the event in a spinoff of a show that's made money hand over rotting fist.

I'll be there.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I really hope they build this up. We shouldn't even SEE a zombie until like 3 episodes in.... Until then, rumors of a virus, etc. It looks that way in the trailer, so we'll see. Still, this is one stellar and proven team (the makers of the show), so no reason to expect any less of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I just hope it is as good as the TWD.

I miss that show.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
No.......Words.......

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Me too. Just think, only 3 more months until the season 6 premier.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, they may have "lifted" this idea from Frank Darabont. His original vision for the second season of TWD was to jump around, telling the stories of a multitude of survivors all taking place immediately following the outbreak. The tank Rick hid in, for example, was going to be the Season 2 opener... with the soldiers still inside of it, following the story of how they were called in and then how they went from fighting the walkers, to being stranded, to finally being overrun and turning, themselves. Darabont supposedly had the same idea for the hospital Rick was in.

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

i really can't get into the show anymore and it's been a while since i picked up one of the comics. the show really lost me when they ruined andrea and decided to put her awesome character into two meh versions of her? no thanks.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Watched episode 1 at work today. Bit of a slow start and I didn't find any of the main characters to be that likeable but hopefully it'll pick up.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Two episodes in and they give us a weeks break. Does anyone know where the director lives only suddenly I've come over all homicidal.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
So far I am liking it, episode 2 was good. Its refreshing after so many years of the original.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

I know I looked for it and then got all mad lol.

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
After just 3 episodes.

I have totally lost interest.

Thankfully next month TWD is back on.

I'm dissapointed in FTWD

edit on 16-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join