It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200.000 pounds to enter SpaceShipTwo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Anyone dreamt about going into space? Well, now you need some money to do that, that is all. SpaceShipTwo is comming! Any takers?

Like SpaceShipOne, the homebuilt rocketship that claimed a �5.2m cash prize for twice reaching suborbital space, Rutan's next creation will travel beyond Earth's atmosphere as well.

SpaceShipTwo (SS2), however, will have more than a single occupant.

Rutan is toying with designs to accommodate up to eight passengers at a time, with enough upgrades to warrant a ticket in the �104,000 (�200,000) price range.

"I think anyone who had the chance to go would want to go," said Trevor Beattie, a British advertising personality, who already has booked a flight.

BBC Science

Seriously - slowly, by slowly our dreams about space exploration are coming true. It may take another generation (if we, humans survive ) to build enough commercial space ships, but maybe our grandchildren can enjoy holiday on the moon

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Funny enough, I've just posted my thoughts on this thread about the Kennedy Project...

I don't think so really... We could be enjoying a trip into space in 20 years, but before we get to book a hotel on the moon, I'll be dead, buried, and eaten completely by worms!

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Actually Bigelow Aerospace Plans on testing a privately launched, built and funded inflatable space hab module in 2006 I believe. I cannot find the link right at this moment but you might wanna check www.space.com... and search around.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the links sardion
I'm looking forward to see it in the space...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
For a second I thought you meant they were launching the "weight challenged" among us as some special offer and was wondering if they were putting in a bigger engine - doh. hee hee

UK Pound (Sterling) = currency
US pound = weight
UK kilo(gram) = weight or 1000 of somthing

UK boot = cargo space at back of car
US boot = footwear
US trunk = cargo space at back of car
US & UK trunk = proboscis on Elephant

Gotta luv Aminglish....

top topics

join