It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historian Webster Tarpley Analyzes Bush's Behavior on 9/11

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
if we are limiting to this basic concept. I would put it to you would you rather him stay reading books to unaware children than showing a willingness to pretend to do something?

No matter what he did some people would complain about it!

Anyway, he did the correct thing.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rossacus

I would put it to you would you rather him stay reading books to unaware children than showing a willingness to pretend to do something? ( call for immediate public announcement, safer location etc etc)

Watch the interview he had and you will see the reason he stayed.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h
As I stated I said j don't think he was acting.

The children have already witnessed his reaction. This is what put the fear and confusion into his minds. If someone displayed these characteristics and remained to for a further 10 mins (roughly) whilst reading a book with clearly something else on his mind, I feel this will amplify the fear in the children more than if he were to leave. Him freezing and in able to apparantly function (staring into space, slumped expressions) would do more damage in terms of fear provoking than him leaving. But that just opinion. I also believe that would have been my opinion if I was a child( wasy to say i know) in the classroom, knowing his job. If I saw the president in visible distress I would want him to a dress that issue as a leader. Just my opinion though, I'm sure il be shot down for it.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce
Very true.

Although I still can't see how it was "correct" if there is such a thing in this type of situation. People have said it was to keep the children calm, but how? The only fear they had was from what he portrayed. I personally feel addressing the other 99.99999% of the population immediately takes priority, but then many agree with you. I just feel that him remaining there amplifies the tension/fear, the opposite reaction of the proposed action.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

Good post Shadow! The general reaction here shows that no matter who provides the opinion on 9/11 being a government conspiracy, it will be attacked and denied on this site.

Thank you for posting this video. I found it very enlightening.
edit on 13-7-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2015 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hindsight. If they wanted to know where he was they easily could yes. But was his reaction posted within the hour of the planes crashing...no.

His reaction was newsworthy hours after the chaos.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The children have already witnessed his reaction. This is what put the fear and confusion into his minds.

No the children have no clue as to what he was reacting too, or you would have had panic by everyone involved. You can see in the video from the school that he is trying to keep himself from giving any clues something was wrong which is where the confusion in his mind is.

Had Secret Service removed him at that point it would have brought panic that he might be a target and the kids were at risk, but by not doing that it helped keep that thought from coming up in the minds of those who didn't know about the tragedy that was happening at the time.

If someone displayed these characteristics and remained to for a further 10 mins (roughly) whilst reading a book with clearly something else on his mind, I feel this will amplify the fear in the children more than if he were to leave.

It's called keeping them calm, as had he left abruptly it would have caused more panic than him doing what he did.

I also believe that would have been my opinion if I was a child( wasy to say i know) in the classroom, knowing his job.

Did you see the age of the students he was in the classroom with, as they are lucky to even know who the president is much less know what his job is. All they knew was that the president of the United States was coming to read with them.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

His reaction was newsworthy hours after the chaos.

Because at the time the president reading with school children is not major news so we didn't have coverage of it until after the fact.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Cheers for the response but how can you panic children who by your own admission will have little concept for it? Secret service don't need to dive on him, he can walk out the class normally. How can he save these children from fear and panic if they don't have the the cognitive awareness to link his discomfort /fear with acts of terrorism. All that needs to be said from a teacher is that's all the time we have now cos the president is very busy. These scenarios being painted that it was much needed for him to remain there is something I cannot comprehend unfortunately, especially when you compare the needs of children unaware to the events to that of the entire population aware of the events. This is where I struggle, especially as we are in agreement they are not aware of what took place.

When people say him leaving would create fear and confusion for the children, what would they assume at that age? Really? Please think about it. Would they become emotionally unstable for a prolonged time ash a result of a president leaving the book club early. Would they assume terrorist acts.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Yes, at that time absolutely nobody was in the picture as to exactly what was taking place. Even the President only had one quick whisper to go on and had to sit there for ten minutes with nothing to go on other than what was whispered. His aid only had time for one quick sentence, too. The information he gave would have been so brief, probably nothing more than a code word which the President would immediately understand.

Remember, not even NORAD knew what was happening. In that ten minutes a whole spectrum of response was required involving so many departments and agencies. Credit is due to the actual response, by those protecting the President, the Emergency Services, etc, and the bravery of the New York citizens. We should be adopting a similar slogan to that of the Holocaust Survivors, "Never again"! 911 was a day when the U.S had to regroup and face the reality of what the world had become.

I remember when Clinton was President and terror cells were already active. Remember the "USS Cole bombing"? At that time I was thinking it was just the beginning of much worse to come. I watched that escalation of terror unfold and I remember Clinton coming in for a lot of stick because of a weak if non existent response. Very often the Republicans are left with the dirty laundry that the Democrats do not want to handle. I think the next Republican government have been left with a lot of dirty laundry by the current Democrats. Obama's response to IS has been weak in my opinion and that problem is not going away, only growing worse. There has been positive genocide and cleansing in the Middle East. Politics, damned if you do and damned if you don't. One thing I know is that the U.S has many enemies. These enemies are heavily funded. That is why the U.S has to be cunning and in the real world defence is unfortunately very necessary.

The attacks on the U.S on 911 was a new scenario. It was not prepared for. A tough learning experience for all agencies and departments concerned.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: ~Lucidity

They knew the planes that did not made contact and knew they all where 2 and a half hours away?

Well...on the one hand they didn't know what else was coming or how many planes or other prongs were in this attack. That is, unless they did.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Cheers for the response but how can you panic children who by your own admission will have little concept for it?

I never said they wouldn't have no concept about planes hitting a building and killing people...they have no concept as to the job of the president at that age...so at least let's not try and mix the two together as you have.

Secret service don't need to dive on him, he can walk out the class normally.

And what would you tell the kids as to why he left? Parents understand the reason for keeping young children calm when tragedy hits...which is something that Bush understands which is why he did what he did.

When people say him leaving would create fear and confusion for the children, what would they assume at that age? Really? Please think about it. Would they become emotionally unstable for a prolonged time ash a result of a president leaving the book club early. Would they assume terrorist acts.

You don't seem to understand the fact that at that time his first priority was to keep those kids from knowing the tragedy that happened, and had you seen the video I posted it would explain why he sat there at the time...he thought it was an accident not a terrorist attack.

And at that time those young school children aren't in a position to understand what a terrorist attack means, so keeping that from them is top priority. Kids freaking out is not something that you want to see, and he understood that.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If George Bush normally left the White house that early in the morning to fly to a school and hang out in a classroom…

juuust a bit out of character for him.

If the commander in Chief hung out in that same classroom without immediately returning to base at the earliest possible moment, conveying a confident stride, and a definite course of action all the while…

instead sat on the stool for 6 minutes.

Juuust like the OPs changeling avatar from I Pet Goat II video conveys, (what is that, a challenge), then stayed on the ground for an hour and a half, then got lost over the continental US before ever returning to Washington to take command from Cheney….

He was gone for a purpose, those kids were a shield, that delay was intentional, the events planned.

Too obviously, as all the usual suspects are here, clouding any investigation on this thread with support for poor lil Bush.

One thing is for sure, he wasn't directly involved until the next day when he showed up on the rubble pile with a bullhorn.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

He was gone for a purpose, those kids were a shield, that delay was intentional, the events planned.

Ah yes the man who couldn't find an exit from a room is smart enough to plan all of this...good try but care to provide anything that backs this claim?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
You're struggling to get past the idea that he didn't need to tell the children the truth, that a plane hit a building. Why would he ever tell them that whether he's staying or going. Are you seriously struggling to come up with 1 plausible excuse as to why, the president of the US, may have to leave the school visit early. I've watched the video. I'm really struggling to comprehend why the president must remain there, under the notion that if he would leave early that all the school children would panic assuming an event that killed thousands has occurred and will be traumatised as a result? Or is it more than likely the kids will just think it's strange that the president left mid reading session. I know what I thinks more logical. I remember at that age I had no political views or impending thoughts of doom and despair, and would not associate someone's inability to assimilate news effectively as directly affecting my sanity. The main question is why? And so far all I've heard is he needs to stay with the children or right thing. But nothing plausible as to WHY he must?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
You keep kids calm from fear when they are aware of something ( a boom sound, explosion, fire, etc etc) these kids were not aware. Even parents know that

The only possible way they could find out is if an irresponsible parent/teacher exposes them to the current media exposure or tell them. You have to realise this. You say it as though the president remaining there was the only barrier between the kids and being exposed. You realise how silly this sounds to me right?
edit on 13-7-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2015 by rossacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Ah yes the man who couldn't find an exit from a room is smart enough to plan all of this…

Who says he planned it?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

You don't think the kids, school employees, parents, and everybody else there would've had a "wtf?" moment if he had popped up and darted out of the school right after Ari whispered in his ear?

Really now?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Shadow Herder

video ok mr.Tarpley but you failed to surmise what put cold water on their plan ? global guardian had the nuclear codes, so why did they NOT launch on Iran ?

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

"For the children" comments are required because they thought the cameras were off. That six minutes of Bush_just_sitting_there was never supposed to make it public.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join